U.S. Politics

maqroll

10 minutes ago, villakram said:

You should get a ban for posting a facebook link, hang thy head!

I know!  One for going on there and secondly admitting it by posting a link.  I do have a valid initial reason why I went on Facebook yesterday but it’s still lame.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

I know!  One for going on there and secondly admitting it by posting a link.  I do have a valid initial reason why I went on Facebook yesterday but it’s still lame.

I hope she's a looker and not completely bonkers!

• Haha 1

1000 NG troops deployed in Minnesota after the latest police shooting and rioting or mostly peaceful protesting last night, all the while the trial continues in the background. Continuing nonsense in Portland, including direct attacks on federal buildings.

Meanwhile, the WH is prioritizing sending warships into the Black Sea.

2 minutes ago, villakram said:

1000 NG troops deployed in Minnesota after the latest police shooting and rioting or mostly peaceful protesting last night, all the while the trial continues in the background. Continuing nonsense in Portland, including direct attacks on federal buildings.

Meanwhile, the WH is prioritizing sending warships into the Black Sea.

So you think the warships should be going to Minnesota or Portland? It isn't clear from your post

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

So you think the warships should be going to Minnesota or Portland? It isn't clear from your post

Bad news on the home front. US president starts walking tough in some foreign land. Standard.

Will Smith's new film moving filming out of Georgia due to regressive voting laws. Nice to make a stand. 

Wonder if they'll refuse to market the film in China or the Middle East or any other country with questionable ethics. 

Meanwhile, a nonprofit in Texas with Biden campaign connections gets a cool $530 million no-bid contract, to help with the border situation that the Biden WH policies created.

https://www.axios.com/texas-nonprofit-border-contract-biden-official-23a493f4-6779-44f0-a5d4-db8690f11aec.html

"A Texas nonprofit that recently hired a Biden transition official got a contract worth as much as $530 million to help manage the influx of migrant children at the southern border, Axios has learned."

Nice of Biden and the Washington apparatus to agree to not remove troops by May per Trumps agreement, which was massively opposed by the entrenched interests.

But, Joe to the rescue in move that would make a propaganda guru jealous, with all the troops now coming home by Sep 11th. Critics from the establishment who opposed Trump are silent. I guess they are happy because their empire desires are being satisfied in Ukraine once again.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, maqroll said:

The DOJ has stated that they could Trump with sedition. Hopefully this guy helps them make their case.

I think my trump's can be quite reactonary too, don't think I'd want to attempt to outguff the DOJ though

On 23/01/2021 at 10:22, sidcow said:

That's good. Hopefully a few more have now realised what he is.

You Americans don't half like your flags.   I could drive round UK suburbs for a whole year and not see a flag unless England are in a big competition. 

Since I wrote this in January, 2 full size flagpoles have gone up within 5 minutes walk of my house 😲😲

One flies the flag of St George and the other the Union Jack (don't correct me). 

Are we becoming like Americans after Brexit? Is the Union Jack more acceptable for want of a better word? 

So odd. 

I bet he's flying the Union Jack upside-down. I just bet you. 

On 16/04/2021 at 20:43, sidcow said:

Since I wrote this in January, 2 full size flagpoles have gone up within 5 minutes walk of my house 😲😲

One flies the flag of St George and the other the Union Jack (don't correct me). 

Are we becoming like Americans after Brexit? Is the Union Jack more acceptable for want of a better word? 

So odd. 

I bet he's flying the Union Jack upside-down. I just bet you. 

From when I cross the railway into our village, there are at least three houses with flagpoles. Two of them were erected to fly the flag of the EU in retaliation for the utter throbber who likes to fly flags (lots of Brexity Flags), but any flag will do, he must have a garage full of them

The throbber is currently flying the Red Ensign at half mast. Someone should tell him his beloved Greek Prince wasn't in the Merchant Navy

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Don't get too excited about the possibility of an Iced Earth comeback tour, I guess:

According to CNN his lawyers say he’s going to go away for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 years so that’ll be an interesting witness protection anyway, but will be looking forward to the Iced Earth “tribute” band though after that...

First one to plea deal though. I suspect there will be a few more over the next week or 2.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cyrusr said:

According to CNN his lawyers say he’s going to go away for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 years so that’ll be an interesting witness protection anyway, but will be looking forward to the Iced Earth “tribute” band though after that...

First one to plea deal though. I suspect there will be a few more over the next week or 2.

It makes me wonder what information he has that is so valuable to an obviously more important case, as they pretty much have him bang to rights on the offences he's charged with. He must have something worth trading

• Like 2

Â