U.S. Politics

maqroll

Tbh I did not watch one second of the inauguration.Not that I wholly dislike Biden more just getting tired of politics in general.

Hopefully he can do even half of what he claims he will for us Americans.

We shall see.

6 hours ago, villakram said:

Meanwhile at 12:04 eastern this afternoon...

You think this is weird? A demagogue keeps saying things like 'Chinavirus', spews rhetoric at China and behaves like a two year old who dropped his ice-cream cone even in his own democratic country. 

This is fairly common behaviour from one dictator to another.

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

What exactly did they think was going to happen? 

They certainly seem to be under the impression they would be pardoned.

Maybe that was the plan before Trump was impeached, now he can’t without damaging his own argument that they did it without his intervention.

27 minutes ago, Genie said:

They certainly seem to be under the impression they would be pardoned.

Maybe that was the plan before Trump was impeached, now he can’t without damaging his own argument that they did it without his intervention.

They had believed that the military was there for Trump and at the right moment Trump would declare martial law. The military would then turn on Biden and Pence et al and begin the mass arrests of the global elites / pedophile ring / corrupt election fraudsters etc (pick your favourite grievance).  The arrested 'traitors' would be taken to Gitmo and Trump would resume his presidency for a second term. 

Edit: It's probably also worth noting that that seems to only have become 'the plan' in the last couple of weeks. A few weeks ago it was apparently Pence who was going to return Trump as president by refusing to certify the election and a few weeks before that it was a Supreme Court challenge that was going to do it for them. Obviously 'the plan' is just updated each time the prophecy is not realised. 

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 2

There were a lot of people at the inauguration that were:

Not social distancing

Not wearing masks / wearing them badly

hugging, kissing, shaking hands

I wouldn’t be surprised to read about key members of team Biden getting coronavirus in the coming days.

27 minutes ago, Genie said:

Not social distancing

I wouldn’t be surprised to read about key members of team Biden getting coronavirus in the coming days.

I saw Garth Brooks go round hugging everyone after his horrible rendition of Amazing Grace. 

30 minutes ago, Genie said:

Not social distancing

Regardless of their own personal health, it's an incredibly poor example to set when the eyes of the nation were on them.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Regardless of their own personal health, it's an incredibly poor example to set when the eyes of the nation were on them.

Whilst Biden was doing a speech there was a guy directly behind him with his mask beneath his nose. 

Â