U.S. Politics

maqroll

Proud Boy Dominic Pezzola (AKA Spaz). I think he'll get the book thrown at him

17.W-1 stated that after the events at the Capitol as described above, he or she spoke to anindividual he or she knows as “Spaz,” along with other individuals. W-1 stated that during that conversation, “Spaz” bragged about breaking the windows to the Capitol and entering the building. In a subsequent interview W-1 clarified that “Spaz” said that he used a Capitol Police shield to break the window. W-1 said that “Spaz” can be seen on the cover of many newspapers and recognizes him from those photographs. W-1 stated that other members of the group talked about things they had done during the day, and they said that anyone they got their hands on they would have killed, including Nancy Pelosi. W-1 further stated that members of this group, which included “Spaz,” said that they would have killed [Vice President] Mike Pence if given the chance. According to W-1, the group said it would be returning on the “20th,” which your affiant takes to mean the Presidential Inauguration scheduled for January 20, 2021, and that they plan to kill every single “m-fer” they can.1 W-1 stated the men said they all had firearms or access to firearms.

Affidavit in support of Criminal Complaint against Dominic Pezzola

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Proud Boy Dominic Pezzola (AKA Spaz). I think he'll get the book thrown at him

Affidavit in support of Criminal Complaint against Dominic Pezzola

Well I never.  The Proud Boys certainly show a great deal of insight when picking their nicknames it seems. 

I assume other members are twatface and dickwad. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

The nickname 'Spaz' is less offensive in North America, seemingly. For instance, the visual effects supervisor for the first Star Wars, who subsequently worked on The Mask, Jumanji and Jurassic Park among other films, is called Steve 'Spaz' Williams professionally: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0931727/?ref_=tt_ov_dr

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Jennifer Ryan, not missing a marketing opportunity here:

'Open source searches also uncovered a now-deleted Facebook live video taken by RYAN as she entered the Capitol building via the Rotunda entrance. The video was captured prior to deletion and reposted to YouTube for public viewing. The video shows RYAN in a large crowd attempting to walk through the entrance to the Capitol, which had visibly broken windows at the time. At the beginning of the live video, RYAN is heard stating, “we are going to f---ing go in here. Life or death, it doesn’t matter. Here we go,” as she approaches the top of the stairs in front of the columns immediately in front of the doors on the West side of the U.S. Capitol building. RYAN then turned on her rear facing camera--exposing her face-- and stated, “y’all know who to hire for your realtor. Jenna Ryan for your realtor.'

more on link: https://extremism.gwu.edu/sites/g/files/zaxdzs2191/f/Jennifer Ryan Statement of Facts.pdf

The plums on this woman, honestly :crylaugh:

Sad thing is she'll pretty get it.

The case against Trump is that he encouraged the riots that left 5 people dead amongst other crimes.

Trump I assume will say that wasn’t the case.

If he then pardons them then it pretty confirms what he is being accused of.

I can’t see it happening.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

The case against Trump is that he encouraged the riots that left 5 people dead amongst other crimes.

Trump I assume will say that wasn’t the case.

If he then pardons them then it pretty confirms what he is being accused of.

I can’t see it happening.

Don't see what he has to worry about. He can pardon all the rioters, and then GOP senators will acquit him anyway.

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Don't see what he has to worry about. He can pardon all the rioters, and then GOP senators will acquit him anyway.

I think it’s risky, if he pardons the protestors he might find the 17+ Republican senators with a conscience needed to find him guilty.

There will be massive pressure on the senators if he pardons the rioters.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

I think it’s risky, if he pardons the protestors he might find the 17+ Republican senators with a conscience needed to find him guilty.

I back & forth on this but think this is the where he likely stands. If he pardons them after widespread condemnation he admits he supports it. Don’t forget the senate is full of far more old school GOP so not so attached to Trump and will be more than happy to throw the book at him. Their only concern would be losing the MAGA votes but they will likely lose the non-MAGA GOP votes if the don’t impeach and he pardons the rioters. 

To be fair, it’ll be a simple numbers game for the GOP, the decision which loses them the least amount of votes is what they will decide to do.

Has there ever been a truly principled politician?

4 hours ago, Genie said:

You're more optimistic than I am. I think he'd go from the current situation in which 2 or 3 GOP senators will probably vote against him, to a situation where it might be 5 or 6, but 17 is an entire third of the caucus, it just isn't going to happen IMO.

Edited by HanoiVillan

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

You're more optimistic than I am. I think he'd go from the current situation in which 2 or 3 GOP senators will probably vote against him, to a situation where it might be 5 or 6, but 17 is an entire third of the caucus, it just isn't going to happen IMO.

10 GOP senators voted for impeachment didn’t they? plus 1 no vote. I’m assuming they will probably stick with going again the boss. It only needs 6 or 7 more out of 190 ish and imo if he pardons the protesters any that what to retain a shred of respect will have to go against him. 
Should be fun to watch either way.

America loves to do deals with its criminals, could they do a deal where he promises to remove himself and his family from politics forever? 

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

The impeachment starts after he’s left office, so that’s a big gamble. I have a feeling that once he and his small hands leave office they won’t be so keen to bat for him anymore.

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

GOP finances might have a sobering effect on the rest, big business is ditching Trump rapidly, add that to the NRA moving to bankruptcy, the Republicans are losing financial backers at a rapid rate of knots, especially since the Capitol Insurection and especially to those law makers openly supporting Trump

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

10 GOP senators voted for impeachment didn’t they? plus 1 no vote. I’m assuming they will probably stick with going again the boss. It only needs 6 or 7 more out of 190 ish and imo if he pardons the protesters any that what to retain a shred of respect will have to go against him. 
Should be fun to watch either way.

America loves to do deals with its criminals, could they do a deal where he promises to remove himself and his family from politics forever? 

The 10 that voted to impeach are in the House and it’s 17 in the Senate not the House that is needed to convict. I don’t think any have come out and flat out said they will impeach him; however the official lines of a lot are not supportive to Trump. Quite a few sitting the fence, which is a lot more than last years impeachment. 

There are also 20 GOP senators up for re-election in 2022 so they will have a keen eye on the way the political wind blows.

• Thanks 1

I'm sure there are a few who will have been utterly horrified by the scenes and will vote with their conscious. 

But I agree the loss of sponsorship from big corporations might be the bigger influence. The greatest democracy on earth won't give you enough votes to do anything unless you have multiple millions to spend on your campaign. 

Pro Trumpers are clearly going to struggle to get the cash. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Pro Trumpers are clearly going to struggle to get the cash. 

They aren't.

'Pro Trumpers' are the Republican Party. The Republican Party are the party of tax cuts and deregulation. There is no shortage of people willing to spend money to get tax cuts and deregulation.

• Like 1

Jon Schaffer has now been arrested. There are photos with him holding Bear Spray which was allegedly used on the Capitol police.

Statement of Facts

SCHAFFER was among the rioters who sprayed United States Capitol Police officers with “bear spray,” a form of capsaicin pepper spray sold by many outdoors retailers, as part of their efforts to push the officers back inside the Capitol and breach the Capitol Building themselves. SCHAFFER was photographed and captured on surveillance video carrying “bear spray” and engaging in verbal altercations with Capitol Police officers inside the Capitol Building. SCHAFFER is seen holding a clear sunglasses in one photograph, and bear spray in other photographs.

The photographs show SCHAFFER in a blue hooded sweatshirt under a tactical vest with a baseball cap that reads “Oath Keepers Lifetime Member.” The “Oath Keepers” is an organization that characterizes itself as a militia of former law enforcement and military personnel and has often, as a group, urged President Trump to declare Martial Law in order to prevent the Congress from certifying the Electoral College Results.

SCHAFFER, who is the front man of the heavy metal band “Iced Earth,” has long held far-right extremist views. During an interview in 2017, SCHAFFER identified himself as an “anarchist” and referred to the federal government as a “criminal enterprise.” During that same interview, SCHAFFER stated that the 2016 Presidential election was “rigged.”

Didn’t realise he has previously said the 2016 election was rigged... if it was either Trumps the criminal or they did a terrible job rigging it...

On 16/01/2021 at 21:04, HanoiVillan said:

Why pardon the rioters? Can't charge a premium for your product if you're giving it away for free

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/17/rudy-giuliani-associate-john-kiriakou-trump-pardon?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

An associate of Rudy Giuliani told a former CIA officer a presidential pardon was “going to cost $2m”, the New York Times reported on Sunday in the latest bombshell to break across the last, chaotic days of Donald Trump’s presidency.
The report detailed widespread and in some cases lucrative lobbying involving people seeking a pardon as Trump’s time in office winds down. The 45th president, impeached twice, will leave power on Wednesday with the inauguration of Joe Biden.

The former CIA officer John Kiriakou, who was jailed in 2012 for leaking the identity of an operative involved in torture, told the Times he laughed at the remark from the associate of Giuliani, the former New York mayor who as Trump’s personal attorney is reportedly a possible pardon recipient himself.

“Two million bucks – are you out of your mind?” Kiriakou reportedly said. “Even if I had two million bucks, I wouldn’t spend it to recover a $700,000 pension.”

An associate of Kiriakou reported the conversation to the FBI, the Times said

I'm sure Trump never met the guy. Doesn't know who he is. Never spoke to him.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Why pardon the rioters? Can't charge a premium for your product if you're giving it away for free

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/17/rudy-giuliani-associate-john-kiriakou-trump-pardon?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

I'm sure Trump never met the guy. Doesn't know who he is. Never spoke to him.

. . . but of course there's a scam.

Â