U.S. Politics

maqroll

10 minutes ago, villakram said:

Legal arguments concern what happened. Not what would have happened had the UK jackboots not intervened. 

Somebody really should tell Assange's lawyer, he even called an Ex-justice Depatment staffer to testify along the very lines I've stated. Again, it is Assange's own defence

The "UK Jackboots" were invited into the Ecuadorian Embassy because they wanted rid of Assange. The UK Government were duty bound to arrest Assange as he was wanted on a Europol warrant by Sweden, he was then arrested and charged in the UK with skipping bail, for which he's currently serving his sentence for. As soon as the police were invited into the embassy the rest of what has happened so far was always going to happen. There was absolutely no way the UK Government were going to let Assange out of the embassy into freedom when he's skipped bail, regardless of any crimes or non-crimes and possible extradition. No UK government would ever allow that

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Just thinking back over this bonkers year, and some of the wilder minor characters:

20xp-unrest-missouri-mediumSquareAt3X.jp

morecrash-1024x614.jpg

7ff34b06204fb8bb531542cf024cce4a6e-drunk

Who was your favourite?

Definitely the Drunk lady. I was going to say the other 2 whilst entertaining were just a little scary, but thinking about it she was no less scary in her own way, just a whole lot funnier. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Just thinking back over this bonkers year, and some of the wilder minor characters:

20xp-unrest-missouri-mediumSquareAt3X.jp

morecrash-1024x614.jpg

7ff34b06204fb8bb531542cf024cce4a6e-drunk

Who was your favourite?

Mate, that only covers about 6 months ! :crylaugh::(

This was February 6th of 2020. I remember watching this like this 😱

Edit: Sorry I see now that you said minor characters. But I still couldn't even remember which year his impeachment was.

Edited by TheAuthority

Barr is resigning.

Trump says Barr resigning, will leave before Christmas

By MICHAEL BALSAMOan hour ago

800.jpeg

WASHINGTON (AP) — Attorney General William Barr, one of President Donald Trump’s staunchest allies, is departing amid lingering tension over the president’s baseless claims of election fraud and the investigation into President-elect Joe Biden’s son.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-donald-trump-elections-coronavirus-pandemic-william-barr-21f6de57987771d2ab59ed66e54af873

17 hours ago, bickster said:

Somebody really should tell Assange's lawyer, he even called an Ex-justice Depatment staffer to testify along the very lines I've stated. Again, it is Assange's own defence

The "UK Jackboots" were invited into the Ecuadorian Embassy because they wanted rid of Assange. The UK Government were duty bound to arrest Assange as he was wanted on a Europol warrant by Sweden, he was then arrested and charged in the UK with skipping bail, for which he's currently serving his sentence for. As soon as the police were invited into the embassy the rest of what has happened so far was always going to happen. There was absolutely no way the UK Government were going to let Assange out of the embassy into freedom when he's skipped bail, regardless of any crimes or non-crimes and possible extradition. No UK government would ever allow that

They who write the history, define the truth.

Alas.

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

Presumably that bodes well.

Traditionally, high turnout was unambiguously positive for Democrats, but there was hugely high turnout among Republicans in November too. I'm not sure we can draw any conclusions, other than that everyone is *really* fired up about these elections.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villakram said:

They who write the history, define the truth.

Alas.

Its a matter of public record, you are now saying the entire judicary has made up Assange's defence and journalists have just gone along with it plus all the other people in the courtroom.

Skipping Bail is also a criminal offence, one that is always punished and always should be, especially in the manner Assange did it

This really isn't a case of revisionism, there is no conspiracy.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, bickster said:

Its a matter of public record, you are now saying the entire judicary has made up Assange's defence and journalists have just gone along with it plus all the other people in the courtroom.

Skipping Bail is also a criminal offence, one that is always punished and always should be, especially in the manner Assange did it

This really isn't a case of revisionism, there is no conspiracy.

I didn't say that. You are projecting your own perspective/interpretation.

Â