Where do you think we will finish?

VillaCas

I am going for 10-12th on about 45-50 points. I expect us to keep gradually improving. I also think we might struggle in our christmas schedule. The two tough matches which realistically one would expect us to lose coming first may take a lot out of us, so that could make things harder in the two easier fixtures. There is a good mentallity being instilled in the players at the moment, the manager is doing a fine job, so we will bounce back from defeat more often than not.

8th to 14th. Steady mid-table, I reckon we will pick up around 47 points. I'm happy for people to use this as a stick to beat me with if I am massively wrong.

We will only scrape survival if Lambert is not backed in January. Although we seem to be on an upward curve at the moment things fall to shit very quickly with this young team. They won't put in the necessary consistent performances to get us any higher, and any team will probably need more than 40 points to stay up this season the way things are going.

We can finish in the top half if Lambert is backed properly to bring in at least 3 quality players. Where we finish really depends on Lerner, although you can't really fault Lambert and the youngsters so far. We've had some good results but we always seem to hit a brick wall when we think we have turned a corner.

If we sell Bent without replacing him and don't bring in the right players in January then I'd expect relegation.

Yes, yes but based solely on what you know now and what you foresee happening, make a prediction

We will only scrape survival if Lambert is not backed in January. Although we seem to be on an upward curve at the moment things fall to shit very quickly with this young team. They won't put in the necessary consistent performances to get us any higher, and any team will probably need more than 40 points to stay up this season the way things are going.

We can finish in the top half if Lambert is backed properly to bring in at least 3 quality players. Where we finish really depends on Lerner, although you can't really fault Lambert and the youngsters so far. We've had some good results but we always seem to hit a brick wall when we think we have turned a corner.

based solely on what you know now and what you foresee happening,make a prediction

If we sell Bent without replacing him and don't bring in the right players in January then I'd expect relegation.

if we sell him without replacing him it'll make absolutely no difference to anything given that he's not been playing, and when he has he's not been doing much.

• Like 1

I said 42 points, for us to get the we need to get 1.1point a game, or 1 win in 3 which for me would be a decent achievement with the squad we have got now. Talking 45/50 points and top half finishes means we would have to win, draw and lose in every 3 games, as good a form were in atm its gonna be hard to keep that going.

I said 42 points, for us to get the we need to get 1.1point a game, or 1 win in 3 which for me would be a decent achievement with the squad we have got now. Talking 45/50 points and top half finishes means we would have to win, draw and lose in every 3 games, as good a form were in atm its gonna be hard to keep that going.

not really. a run of 3 wins on the bounce means that you only need to pick up 3 points from the next 6 games to keep the average going, and 3 wins on the bounce is hardly stuff of fantasy

Judging on how we've played all season, and the form we have hit in regards to being unbeaten, I think it is very strange to predict relegation based on Bent (of all players) leaving. Based on the season so far it seems that Lambert has already replaced Bent, as our main striker or attacking target, with Benteke - albeit a striker who plays very differently, but a replacement nonetheless based on how Lambert sets us out to play. I agree we still need to bring more talent into the squad, but any chance of relegation will clearly have nothing to do with Darren Bent.

When was the last time we won not just 2 on the spin but 3/4, without looking it up id say mons last season. Im not trying to put a downer on things, I want to see us back in the top 6/8 but were 6 months into a restructure of not just a first team but how the club is run on a whole so is be content with staying out of trouble and investing sensibily in the summer and improving again.

It's still difficult to say at the moment .If I were to say 16th and then we actually finished 15th then the pro 15th brigade would be all up in my grill saying "remember when you said we would finish 16th but we actually came 15th ? Well you must feel like a complete and utter dick cleanser right now eh ?"

I would then become all sad and shit .

Maybe 13th .

Â