Where do you think we will finish?

VillaCas

If Houillier can get us into 9th, then I'm sure PL can too!

In all fairness, staying up s good enough for me this season, but I'm going to push the boat out. 9th it is!

My initial view was this but I think we may get fatigue and injuries etc

GED had a bigger more experienced squad

Oh and btw when GED went we were 16th, GMAc deserves credits for the leap up the league

A lot depends on how the transfer window pans out of course, but given what you've seen so far where do you think we will finish this season?

It might be interesting to come back and look at our predictions as the season progresses

Try to plump for a single position rather than "somewhere between x and y"

For myself I'm hoping for better but predicting an 11th place finish

8th - Daweii, Claret75

9th - AVFCforever1991, CrackpotForeigner, KJT123, StanBalaban

10th - Folski

11th - VillaCas, Maqroll, 8Pints, Philospher, MMFy, Rodders, BraveHeartVillian, Chappy, LockStockVilla

12th - Adz.Villa, DieHardVillian, Mantis, VillaKevBromsgrove, Raver50032. Paddywhack

13th - KJParton, Lexicon, TrentVilla, Brumerican, Ghost, David-Copenhagen

14th - Samjp26, PB, Stevo985, Tayls, CI

15th - Jimzk5, Woody1000, LondonLax, AVFCtheObsession, Milfner, KHV

16th - Jim, SNE

17th -

----------------------------------------------------------

18th -

19th -

20th - PieFace

Where people have given a range as a prediction, I've taken a middle position, erring on the side of optimism - if anyone is unhappy let me know

True to form, a few people (take a wild guess who!!) like to remain mysterious and enigmatic with their predictions but I will add them if they are able to be a little more specific

11th place is still where the smart money is lol

Current odds have us

- 1/10 to finish in the bottom half

- 5/1 to finish in the top half

- 9/1 to finish in the top eight

- 1/8 to stay up

- 5/1 to go down

Although I've plumped for 11th I'm having myself a bit of that 5/1 top half action

hmmm, 5 points between us and top half currently. 5/1 is long i reckon. when to bet though is question, if we lose to chelsea that'll lengthen unrealistically, if we win it'll come in a fair bit.

as for my prediction, head says 12th-14th, heart says 8th-10th!

hmmm, 5 points between us and top half currently. 5/1 is long i reckon. when to bet though is question, if we lose to chelsea that'll lengthen unrealistically, if we win it'll come in a fair bit.

as for my prediction, head says 12th-14th, heart says 8th-10th!

Exactly my thinking - I'm putting you in the middle with the smart crowd on 11th

Okay okay. I think 4th.

I love your optimism but I think 4th will be a stretch this season - although I have heard that Lionel Messi was looking to buy a flat in the Mailbox so maybe we are going to spend all of Randy's money in the window.

A top 4 finish is 1500/1 by the way

A top 4 finish is 1500/1 by the way

Whilst it's clearly very very unlikely, I am surprised the odds are as long as that. We are 11 points off 4th, Arsenal made up a similar deficit chasing us to claim 4th a few years back.

The reason it's a risk from the bookies is they don't know for a fact that Lerner isn't about to invest 100 million from the Brown's sale on transfers in January. It would still be very unlikely we'd get 4th, but a lot more likely than a 1500/1 shot.

Whilst it's clearly very very unlikely, I am surprised the odds are as long as that. We are 11 points off 4th, Arsenal made up a similar deficit chasing us to claim 4th a few years back.

The reason it's a risk from the bookies is they don't know for a fact that Lerner isn't about to invest 100 million from the Brown's sale on transfers in January. It would still be very unlikely we'd get 4th, but a lot more likely than a 1500/1 shot.

To be fair I'm not sure whether you would get 1500/1 - I agree that it's quite a risk at that price. Some bookies have us a short as 100/1 for a top four finish. If I was RL I'd invest £200m in the window and whack £100m on a fourth place finish (although this is probably the reason why I'm not a billionaire)

I'm going to go between 11th and 15th. Think theyll probably be 3 points between those positions at the end of the season.

One massive concern is Benteke, only in the sense that we are as heavily dependant on one player as I've ever seen. Injuries to him and I think we are very serious relegation candidates.

Â