• limpid

Just visiting?   27/12/16

Please click "Sign Up" and login to use the full functionality of the site.
hogso

Playstation 4

2,665 posts in this topic

Posted

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Good question, you really have to bloody try to get banned from PSN. The amount of abuse I've handed out without a ban surprises even me :P 

Oh I dunno, I got an account perma banned because of it's name - jizzlobber. 

Posted

On ‎04‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 12:59, Dr_Pangloss said:

Lack of quality games on this console to be honest, disappointing. 

That's a bit harsh when it has 2 quality games at the moment both of which are exclusives.

If that is a general criticism of the next gent consoles as a whole I agree. I have an xbox one and there really is such a limited release schedule now, obviously the budget and scope of games has changed recently and they cant afford to spend 50 million on a dud it means the release schedule is now really only 1-2 games a month and if those don't grab you then you can go months without wanting to pick a new game up.

Posted

if you dont like halo or gears then yeah you're in trouble with xbone

ps4 is slightly better, if you delve in to PSN or didnt have a PS3 so are playing the HD games for the first time then theres enough to keep you going, other than that there seems to be a fair few 8/10 games, not sure on the stone cold 10/10s

uncharted, last guardian, horizon, bloodborne, infamous, until dawn, ratchet and clank, street fighter 5, little big planet, gravity rush 2, MLB the show, yakuza 0, driveclub, killzone, nioh, the order, tearaway

on PSN you've got day of the tentacle, journey, resogun, everybodys gone to the rapture, grim fandango, grow home, helldivers, hotline miami, flower, flow, i am setsuna

remasters you've got god of war, last of us, valkyria chronicles, gravity rush, heavy rain, kingdom hearts

i havent played all of them but there are some really good games in there, i personally really liked killzone and the order

Posted (edited)

The gaming industry has become incredibly lazy. Far too many games that are being released are sequels, and now there's an increasing trend toward remakes, which represents the laziest development of them all. Moreover, games these days put style over substance, valuing graphics over game play. 

The worst bit about PSN is that they haven't even made some of the biggest PS3 games available on the PS4 (Metal Gear Solid, GTA 4 etc). 

Gaming right now is in the worst place it has been in a long time. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Posted

to be fair industry in general has become lazy or they'd probably say financially astute, a sequel costs less to make and has a higher chance of success, whats lacking is new IPs being propped up by successful franchises, id say its only pretty much ubisoft running that model now

agree about graphics over gameplay but at the same time after years on the gamespot message boards its amazing how much importance the market seems to put on it,  the horizon review comments soon turn to fps

i might be wrong here but the developers are building on an existing game engine, they dont build one from scratch for every game, therefore the graphics element of it is the easiest part to get to a really high standard, story, gameplay, sound etc all have to start from scratch, plus then you add in a top notch game graphically is easier to market than a game with complex but brilliant gameplay, case in point right now being death stranding, its already going to sell millions of copies based on the first 2 trailers but no one actually knows what it is

1 person likes this