Sign in to follow this  
hogso

Playstation 4

I've got a pair of stereo headphones which have an option to simulate surround sound. When setting up a game to use these e.g. bf1 is it better to use the stereo option in the game or select surround? And would i leave the headset set to stereo or surround?

Playstation are removing PS3 and Vita games from PS Plus. That'll be it for me. Probably going to get rid of my system and get an XB1. The only reason I kept the PS+ is because I benefited from PS3, Vita and PS4, now with my PS4 getting crash errors on all games.... it's just become pointless. ~Nice one Playstation

Haha, trying to cancel PS+... "Your subscription status hasn't changed. Try updating it again in a few moments."

~Nice one Playstation

Edited by Dick
  • Sad 1

EA have kind of announced that EA access is heading to another major platform, hopefully PS4 seeing as the switch doesnt get all of the games / dumbed down versions

Has anyone had any issues with the ps4 auto-ejecting disks and how to fix it?

Seems to be an almost daily occurrence, and I'm worried it's on its last legs

54 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

Have you taken the covers off and had a clean around with compressed air?  I found that tends to alleviate any issues I have (only occasionally had the disk-ejecting happen, my one was more prone to turning itself on/off at will and overheating on certain graphic-intensive games).  The inside accumulates dust faster than my exercise bike.  Be aware you'll void the warranty if you want to get into the fan proper and clean it out, but that only lasts a year after purchase so I'm guessing at this point you might as well.  I've read that cleaning out the heat sink helps too but that involves mucking around with thermal paste and I've no confidence in myself to do that without effing something up completely.

As a general comment, this gen of consoles is the first time I've ever been an "early adopter" and it's put me off ever doing it again, come next gen I'll be holding out for second/"slim" versions of whichever one I plump for.  Aside from the chronic overheating, I must've had both controllers apart about 10 times to either replace broken rubber membranes, springs, or swap out the crappy thumbsticks.

4 hours ago, Mozzavfc said:

Which version of the ps4 do you have? On the original there was an issue with the rubber feet on the bottom which actually ended up triggering the eject button. There's one in line with the button which I removed and it solved the problem. 

Edited by dubbs
Extra

19 hours ago, dubbs said:

Which version of the ps4 do you have? On the original there was an issue with the rubber feet on the bottom which actually ended up triggering the eject button. There's one in line with the button which I removed and it solved the problem. 

How do you remove the feet? Just pry it out with a knife?

You just need to remove the one under the button.  Yeah a knife should do it.  Not guaranteeing it'll fix it but it worked on mine.  Good luck!

sony have their own live streaming update thing going on tonight 9pm our time called state of play, would expect with them not doing E3 this year and this being the 1st one they will do something special for it, days gone is pretty close to launch, the likes of last of us 2, GoT, dreams, death stranding etc all need release dates

Absolute trash of an update stream. There is a reason Sony are not at E3 this year because until next-gen they have absolutely nothing to show. 

Yes Last of Us 2 and Death Stranding are on PS4, but as time goes on it's looking more likely that both will be cross-gen releases and I don't wanna play these games on PS4 in that scenario.

Sony feel like they are wasting time ahead of a PS5 announcement later this year. An announcement conference that both aforementioned games will likely be at.

yeah that was shit, VR heavy and some of that felt tacked on and close to shovelware

to be fair they have days gone, ghosts, last of us 2 and death stranding to come out in the space of 18 months (??) maybe finally shenmue and FF7 too, which isnt bad but that felt like they have nothing to show and was doing something for the sake of it

didnt even show MLB which i think comes out tomorrow (and is a big game stateside) or the new persona 5 game that was announced at the weekend, i think the main problem was just the general lack of effort

Soooooo I'm going to attempt to remedy my PS4's overheating VTOL engine this weekend with a full disassembly, clean out and some new thermal paste.

Any tips from anyone who's performed a similar undertaking?  My plan as it stands is to stop/start an instructional Youtube vid as I slowly replicate everything they do.

Today's 7.0 update is neat if, like me, you have an android phone and will be able to make use of the remote play feature. In addition, if your running android 10, it'll support the ps4 controller via Bluetooth too. 

I was playing the ps4 in the bath earlier as a result, which was a novelty. Remote play has been available on iphone and ipad for some time (requiring a certain version, not sure which, but I do know our ipad is too old), but this is new territory for me. I'll be able to play something (although latency is a big issue, so something like Wreck fest which I've been enjoying recently can be problematic, although not completely unplayable) when the girly has got some thing I don't care for on TV. 

I've currently got an Xbox One X, but I'm tempted to buy a PS4 to play the exclusives before the next gen consoles come out.

Would it be worthwhile, are they really that good?

Current list is below, are there anymore to add?

God of War

Last of Us

Days Gone

Horizon Zero Dawn

30 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

God of War

Last of Us

Days Gone

Horizon Zero Dawn

last guardian, bloodborne, uncharted 4, spiderman 

I liked days gone, infamous, the order, killzone

haven't played them but theres also Detroit, until dawn and then death stranding and last of us 2 still to come

id have a look at PS now trial or just joining for a few months, they've added all the games from whatever the PS4 equivalent of the platinum range is so most of those games are on there

• Like 1

I was unsure about spiderman but its really good

I think its genuinely hard to say which one of those games is the best, 4 or 5 solid 10/10s in there

11 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Facebook integration just got removed, which was odd

I wonder if it's anything to do with the 'younger' generation not having much to do with FB these days so it's not worth the effort to maintain? Just a thought.

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

I've currently got an Xbox One X, but I'm tempted to buy a PS4 to play the exclusives before the next gen consoles come out.

Would it be worthwhile, are they really that good?

Current list is below, are there anymore to add?

God of War

Last of Us

Days Gone

Horizon Zero Dawn

God of War is genuinely one of the best games I've ever played.

Horizon Zero Dawn is a very good open world title.

Days Gone is fine, not one I'd rush out to get.

Spider-Man is great fun.

Uncharted 4 is more Uncharted but prettier.

Bloodborne is one of the best games ever made, if you like Souls games.

Shadow of the Colossus remake is a must if you have never experienced that game before.

Ratchet and Clank remake is an excellent platformer, and beautiful.

Tetris Effect is far, far better than it has any right to be.

Yakuza 0 is an excellent title that's not really like anything else, a Japanese gangster life story with cool brawling gameplay, good writing and mini games out of its arse.

Persona 5 is one of the best RPGs ever made and is probably the most stylish game ever made.

The Last of Us is an incredible story that allows e it's age a little. It's currently free to download for this month if you have a PSPlus sub.

You can get a lot of mileage out of a PS4 just for exclusives.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

Â