Playstation 4

hogso

I'd never heard of it before, but Overcooked looks like a great idea. Maybe Portal if that goes well!

I'm a big Diablo fan, but I think it's a bit too killy for her.And I hate Guitar Hero. :P

It's a wonderful party game. However, it might test the strength of your friendship.

It might be worth pointing out that even if you only have one controller, you can share it to play together, which is pretty neat.

Yep I'd have said overcooked as well.

Try Bro Force too. Fun arcadey shooter. Gets a bit old after a while but great fun when you start off.

As great as it is I would definitely say NOT rocket league as I think it's a pretty hard game to just pick up and play. If the person in question isn't a gamer then it's likely to turn them off imo

• 4 weeks later...

Planning on picking up a PS4 next month. Is the Pro worth the extra money? I have no interest in VR. Is PS Plus worth it?

Anyone seen any good deals?

7 minutes ago, V01 said:

Planning on picking up a PS4 next month. Is the Pro worth the extra money? I have no interest in VR. Is PS Plus worth it?

Anyone seen any good deals?

PS4 Pro is the future of the PS4 at least for the next 3-4 years. 

Sony have stated that PS4 Pro will never have exclusive games, but we will get to a point where developers will use PS4 Pro as the lead development platform, this could eventually mean the base PS4 experience getting worse. That hasn't happened yet, but with the Xbox One X now on the way developers will have more incentive to work on the higher performing platforms more. 

If you can afford it then the PS4 Pro is the system to get. There is no reason to opt into the older weaker system unless your budget can't account for it.

As for PS Plus it's 100% necessary these days as you can't play online multiplayer games without it. PS Plus is the key that unlocks the PS4 in this day and age as so many games require an online connection. One bonus though is that PS Plus members do get between 2 and 4 games a month for free depending on how generous Sony are feeling that month, so it's a pretty good system.

You're future proofing it in effect so if you can afford the pro you might as well get it (assuming you've got a 4K tv too) 

I think if you review it on a yearly basis ps+ is worth it, you'll get 2/3 games that you'll get the money's worth out of, it's slightly better than games with gold imo, this is life is strange and killing floor 2, I'll end up playing both, that's £45 worth of games, I'd consider giving the 3 months a go at least and seek what comes on it 

After swearing I wouldn't I bought VR yesterday, £130 for an ex display model at an auction

Gonna dodge the Pro for now and get a basic model, saw a 500Gb model for £140 earlier which I nearly went for. Might check if it's still up next week and the trigger. 

5 hours ago, V01 said:

Gonna dodge the Pro for now and get a basic model, saw a 500Gb model for £140 earlier which I nearly went for. Might check if it's still up next week and the trigger. 

Only problem with the original model is that it can sometimes sound like a jet engine but for £140 it's worth putting up with a bit of extra noise.

18 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Only problem with the original model is that it can sometimes sound like a jet engine but for £140 it's worth putting up with a bit of extra noise.

Does it? Did they fix that quickly? Because I've got a white PS4, which I think was out later than the black originals and there's no noticeable noise.

It's almost silent from where I sit (about 10 feet away, if that)

On 6/15/2017 at 16:20, Stevo985 said:

Does it? Did they fix that quickly? Because I've got a white PS4, which I think was out later than the black originals and there's no noticeable noise.

It's almost silent from where I sit (about 10 feet away, if that)

Yeah mine's horrendous. One of the earlier ones though.I think the newer ones had a different internal arrangement (slightly) and the memory was changed to help makes things more energy efficient.

Saying that my PS4 could just be crap. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Any good deals on a ps4 pro at the mo?

Keep your eyes out on Hot Uk Deals. There was a Pro with Horizon and a controller for £299 last week.

10 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I had it before and i made my thoughts on it clear but nearly 12 months on I've heard good things since all the updates and added features.

I bought it again recently. Much, much better now and I enjoyed it when it was released.

Â