Playstation 4

hogso

On 2/23/2017 at 15:46, Dr_Pangloss said:

Gaming right now is in the worst place it has been in a long time. 

Get yourself on to PC! If you're sick of regurgitated triple A releases, there's a ridiculous amount on innovation coming out all the time by indie devs. Some makes its way to console, but only a fraction due to the cost/hassle of making the games cross-platform.

Edited by Davkaus

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2017 at 22:01, Tommo_b said:

I miss the days when PS Plus was great value for money, as much as I am thankful for getting games, I wish they included more mainstream games in the monthly updates.

despite it being little big planet 3 this month i do agree, think they've done LBP and MGS so far, thats about it for mainstream games, dont get me wrong theres been some gems on there but a good 75% i dont even bother with

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dubbs said:

4.5 firmware update out today. Interested to see how boost mode works on the pro, plus external hdd storage - finally!!

From early testing Boost Mode grants games about 10FPS to play with which may help in some games that were struggling to hit 30FPS, but won't make many games solid 60FPS experiences. It also does nothing to games with a locked frame rate which annoyingly is a lot of PS4's greatest games like Bloodborne. Should be a decent feature overall and hopefully with time it will push developers to just create Pro Mode patches for games that don't yet have one.

External HDD is the killer feature of this patch by a mile. It's the one thing I adored about my Xbox One (there wasn't much else) as having 3TB of HDD to play with in addition to the 500GB was great. I believe at one point until my game collection surpassed 100 games I had everything installed just in case I fancied playing it. This will come in far more handy on PS4 where I have vastly more than 100 games.  

So I'm finally ready to upgrade to next-gen as it looks like there are some epic games this year.

So there's 500GB PS4 Slim for $260 on Amazon including Unchartered 4.

Any reason why I should pay the extra cash for a 1TB? (I'm not a heavy gamer.) Any downsides to the slim?

depends how big your game collection is, i play a fair few games but personally mines is 1 or 2 games at a time before trading them in and i dont tend to revisit games, currently playing GTA V which takes up say 50gb, when im done i'll trade it and get horizon, ill wipe GTA off to create the space

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

So I'm finally ready to upgrade to next-gen as it looks like there are some epic games this year.

So there's 500GB PS4 Slim for $260 on Amazon including Unchartered 4.

Any reason why I should pay the extra cash for a 1TB? (I'm not a heavy gamer.) Any downsides to the slim?

I'd suggest to just get the cheaper one.

If storage becomes an issue Sony have just patched the console allowing the use of external hard drives which run pretty cheap now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

I'd suggest to just get the cheaper one.

If storage becomes an issue Sony have just patched the console allowing the use of external hard drives which run pretty cheap now.

Cheers! Looking forward to mindlessly blowing through Unchartered before getting stuck into RE7, Nier Automata & Horizon.

• Like 1

On 14/03/2017 at 01:02, TheAuthority said:

Looking forward to mindlessly blowing through Unchartered

Is that the one where you're a budding estate agent? Never seen the point of those job sim games myself. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Ok guys. I need suggestions for a local co-op game to play with someone that's never really played games, and is skeptical about it being a hobby for adults. 

Trine is my only idea at the moment, but I'm not sure what other options I have. 

I considered Rocket League, but that makes me want to throw the pad at the screen, so perhaps it's not the best introduction to games. :P 

Edited by Davkaus

The only PS4 game I've persuaded my wife to play that she's actually enjoyed is Guitar Hero. Apart from that, not interested. I tried her with LA Noire when we first started going out and that was disastrous.

Edited by Frobisher

Â