Playstation 4

hogso

15 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Sucker punch (infamous) have announced their next game, PS4 esclusive, called ghost of Tsushima, an open world samurai game set in the 13th century against the back drop of the mongol invasion

that is properly down my street, combat will make or break it but imo infamous is an underrated game

plz be liek tenchu

plz b liek tenchu

plox b lik tenchu

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

onimsuha for me personally...

@limpid i will start a new thread at some point but theres pretty much no info about on it yet though so stuck in here as its an exclusive

Start the new thread when you have the info, then it's there when people find things out. Otherwise they don't bother either and it all ends up in this thread.

• 4 weeks later...

Some very good deals on the "black friday offers" on PSN.

I picked up BF1 Premium pass for 11 quid last night, reduced from £40! That's for all DLC currently out PLUS all the DLC coming shortly (another 2 map packs already planned, with maybe more in the future).

An absolute steal and I'm glad I waited :) 

Yes, some are hard to ignore. As I mentioned in the Witcher 3 thread, it's finally forced my hand and I'm going to have to get around to playing it. Wolfenstein II is reduced as well, with deluxe edition will include all DLC and it's only £28.50 (I think).

6 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Some very good deals on the "black friday offers" on PSN.

I picked up BF1 Premium pass for 11 quid last night, reduced from £40! That's for all DLC currently out PLUS all the DLC coming shortly (another 2 map packs already planned, with maybe more in the future).

An absolute steal and I'm glad I waited :) 

Yep that's a real kick in the balls for those of us who brought it early :rant:

19 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Yep that's a real kick in the balls for those of us who brought it early :rant:

TBF the game/pass has been out for 13 months so it's not like some of the stuff in the sale like wolfenstein that is half price less than a fortnight after release

30 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

TBF the game/pass has been out for 13 months so it's not like some of the stuff in the sale like wolfenstein that is half price less than a fortnight after release

True but there's still 50% of the dlc to come so 20 quid for the pass would of been fair. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dubbs said:

True but there's still 50% of the dlc to come so 20 quid for the pass would of been fair. 

I think I said a couple of months ago that this happened with bf3 and 4 - I wasn't gonna gal for it a 3rd time.  Especially because as you say, there's still 2 or 3 more coming anyway! So in reality I've only missed 2 dlcs, but saved 30 quid nearly.

But as has been said, at least you've had a few months on me! You would/should whip me on any of the france/Russia maps.. although, inhale played both because of premium friends, LOL.

9 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I think I said a couple of months ago that this happened with bf3 and 4 - I wasn't gonna gal for it a 3rd time.  Especially because as you say, there's still 2 or 3 more coming anyway! So in reality I've only missed 2 dlcs, but saved 30 quid nearly.

But as has been said, at least you've had a few months on me! You would/should whip me on any of the france/Russia maps.. although, inhale played both because of premium friends, LOL.

You're clearly never seen me play bf1 if you think id beat you on the French or Russian maps :crylaugh:

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder if any of the resident geniuses could help me. 

Had my PS4 a good few years, long enough to be out of warranty. 

Went to load a disc the other day and the console is having none of it. It’s refusing to suck it in as it would usually, and can’t force it in either!

Frustratingly the Mrs has got me GT Sport for Christmas which I won’t be able to play!

Anybody else experienced this, or have a fix that’s not going to involve paying Sony £125?

3 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Went to load a disc the other day and the console is having none of it. It’s refusing to suck it in as it would usually, and can’t force it in either!

Frustratingly the Mrs has got me GT Sport for Christmas which I won’t be able to play!

Anybody else experienced this, or have a fix that’s not going to involve paying Sony £125?

image.jpeg.2246d2e1e117b24117b48825a049d906.jpeg

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, villan-scott said:

You can have my slim for £100 +p&p ;) Literally used twice.

• Like 1

I've got a pair of stereo headphones which have an option to simulate surround sound. When setting up a game to use these e.g. bf1 is it better to use the stereo option in the game or select surround? And would i leave the headset set to stereo or surround?

• 11 months later...

Playstation are removing PS3 and Vita games from PS Plus. That'll be it for me. Probably going to get rid of my system and get an XB1. The only reason I kept the PS+ is because I benefited from PS3, Vita and PS4, now with my PS4 getting crash errors on all games.... it's just become pointless. ~Nice one Playstation

Haha, trying to cancel PS+... "Your subscription status hasn't changed. Try updating it again in a few moments."

~Nice one Playstation

Edited by Dick
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

Has anyone had any issues with the ps4 auto-ejecting disks and how to fix it?

Seems to be an almost daily occurrence, and I'm worried it's on its last legs

Have you taken the covers off and had a clean around with compressed air?  I found that tends to alleviate any issues I have (only occasionally had the disk-ejecting happen, my one was more prone to turning itself on/off at will and overheating on certain graphic-intensive games).  The inside accumulates dust faster than my exercise bike.  Be aware you'll void the warranty if you want to get into the fan proper and clean it out, but that only lasts a year after purchase so I'm guessing at this point you might as well.  I've read that cleaning out the heat sink helps too but that involves mucking around with thermal paste and I've no confidence in myself to do that without effing something up completely.

As a general comment, this gen of consoles is the first time I've ever been an "early adopter" and it's put me off ever doing it again, come next gen I'll be holding out for second/"slim" versions of whichever one I plump for.  Aside from the chronic overheating, I must've had both controllers apart about 10 times to either replace broken rubber membranes, springs, or swap out the crappy thumbsticks.

Â