Great fight scenes.

The_Rev

As it says on the tin really. What are your favourite fight scenes in film and TV? I'd consider the whole thread to be in spoiler territory, but if there is something which happens in the scene which is especially spoilleriffic, feel free to say so.

I'll start the ball rolling with two:

They Live. It's just ridiculous, even if you know what is going on it's silly and ridiculous. Out of context it's damn hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeS6y6mbUzY

Deadwood. Dan vs The Captain. First punch is thrown at 3:00 if you are the impatient type, but this is the total other end of the spectrum. It's absolutely brutal.

Dont watch it if you plan to watch Deadwood (and you should, it's great) or if you are squeamish.

Bonus one before I hit the sack:

I guess the other fight scene in this film is more famous, but nowhere near as funny.

And yeah, possibly my favourite movie of all time. Dunno how this plays out of context, probably not as great but still great.

As it says on the tin really. What are your favourite fight scenes in film and TV? I'd consider the whole thread to be in spoiler territory, but if there is something which happens in the scene which is especially spoilleriffic, feel free to say so.

I'll start the ball rolling with two:

"I know it's pretty baby, but I didn't take it out for air..."

I never got the hype over the Old Boy fight scene. Is it just the unique way it's shot that makes people love it? As far as the fighting goes it's nothign special, imo.

I always liked the fight from the first Bourne film, in his flat in Paris. Biro to the knuckles makes me cringe every time.

Â