The QPR circus thread

dudevillaisnice

They don't have to pay it unless they're relegated though. The football league is unrelated to the premier league and the pl says they'll not be enforcing fines from the fl with their clubs.

Will it still be owed when they are relegated, whether that be in a year or ten years?

They don't have to pay it unless they're relegated though. The football league is unrelated to the premier league and the pl says they'll not be enforcing fines from the fl with their clubs.

Will it still be owed when they are relegated, whether that be in a year or ten years?

Yup, AFAIK they will be unable to return to the football league without paying it. So, let's say they were relegated in 5 years, they'd be faced with paying it, or dropping out of the league unable to ever make their way back to the premier league

Wasn't a transfer embargo mooted as part of the punishment?

The complication there is that a Football League punishment can't affect a Premier League side unless the Premier League agree since they're different organizations, and the Premier League has already said they'll have no part in enforcing any of the Football League's FFP punishments

Wasn't a transfer embargo mooted as part of the punishment?

The complication there is that a Football League punishment can't affect a Premier League side unless the Premier League agree since they're different organizations, and the Premier League has already said they'll have no part in enforcing any of the Football League's FFP punishments

A points deduction should've been made from the Championship finish, thus preventing them from going up, IMO.

• Like 1

Redknapp has said this below (but he signed Ferdinand who is just after the money)

He really is a hypocrite

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2698163/Harry-Redknapp-insists-QPR-wont-sign-t-rs-want-money.html

Harry Redknapp insists QPR won't sign any more 't****rs' who aren't interested in playing for the club following Rangers' recent struggles in the Premier League.

Redknapp's side go into the new campaign having been promoted through the play-offs, spending just one season away from the elite, and with a squad that bares almost no resemblance to that which slipped down to the Championship in 2013.
Jose Bosingwa was criticised for laughing and joking as he left the field following the dire goalless draw with Reading that sealed both sides' Premier League fate, but he was not the only marquee signing to fail at Loftus Road.
The likes of Park Ji-sung, Julio Cesar, Chris Samba and Djibril Cisse all came in on high wages and were soon deemed to be unwanted by the man in charge.
Former England and Manchester United captain Rio Ferdinand penned a one-year contract at Loftus Road on Thursday, becoming Redknapp's first new signing of the summer.
The duo worked together at West Ham, with Redknapp handing a 17-year-old Ferdinand his professional debut in 1996, and both will be hoping for a positive reunion.
In signing 35-year-old Ferdinand, Redknapp is certain he is not falling into the same trap for a second time. 
'We are determined not to make those mistakes again,' he said.
'I think Tony (Fernandes, chairman) and the board have learned from that so we have got to make sure this time, as best we can, we make the right decisions and get the right characters in here.

'We don't want people who are going to come here just for the money and not be interested in the club. We want people who genuinely want to come here and play and do well for us.
'You have to do your homework on people. If they are a t****r you find out don't you? You talk to people and there is always someone in the game you know, who might be a good player and played with them. You say 'What's he like?'. You find out.'
With a clothing brand, online magazine and record label, as well as working as a pundit for the BBC during the World Cup, Ferdinand has many interests that could have seen him move away from a playing career.
But, with reports that Ferdinand's basic wage at QPR will be as low as £40,000 a week, Redknapp feels there are enough factors which prove his desire to continue.

'The money he has come here for, he doesn't need to put himself out,' he added.
'How many championships has he won? He's been there and done everything. What we are paying him here isn't going to change his life.
'You've seen what he's done at the BBC, he's on the A-team. Last game of the World Cup, he's there, him and (Alan) Hansen and Alan (Shearer), all those other pundits that were doing the shows but then they went "bosh" - this is the day we pick our top three.
'He's got a great future if he wants in television, or whatever he wants to do in his life. He could have been an ambassador, I think Manchester United wanted him.
'He wants to play football. He's like a little boy - 'I've not been sleeping I've been so excited about coming to play'.
'He has got other business interests but I think he isn't going to come here unless he's sure. Why would you mug yourself off now when you've been a top player?
'Why would he put himself under that pressure? He isn't thick, he's not stupid. Why would he do it for the few quid that he's going to earn here? So he's here to play.'
Meanwhile, the club have announced that midfielder Samba Diakite has joined Saudi Arabian side Al Ittihad on a season-long loan.

Edited by Villan4Life

Do you really think Rio needs the money? :D

Good luck to him, I wouldn't want him as his legs went a long time ago and he was exposed in a decent united side, yet alone a poor QPR one.

At least he wants to continue playing, fair play to him, because QPR Is a shithole compared to most division 2 clubs, yet alone the biggest in the country.

id say at a guess that the club and rio will have some sort of partnership in the local community which tempted rio more than the money, not sure if he'll end up in coaching or on tv but i can definitely see him doing football schools and community projects across london

I can see Ferdinand having a large influence on the game when he retires.

Not as a manager, but more along the lines of what Gary Neville does with England. Potentially something which helps our youngsters be better.

at avoiding drugs tests or knowing how to use Twitter?

Maybe about inspiring youngsters from deprived areas to better themselves?

As a kid from a council estate, who went on to be one of the players in his position of his generation, win numerous league titles, cups, and a Champions league. I would say he has something to offer.

Well, I know a teacher in a deprived city centre school who asked the kids to write a letter to someone inspirational, 5 young black kids from shit backgrounds picked Ferdinand and each sent him a letter. Just getting them to write them was an achievement in itself.

A week later his PA called and spoke to the teacher to say how moved/grateful and touch he was by the letters and that he had asked them to call. He was too busy to do it himself, so the teacher pushed and asked if he could do anything for them, right back, call, send a signed picture. Anything, the PA said she would speak to him and see what she could do.

That was 3 years ago, they are still waiting.

So to say I disagree with the above post would be an understatement because while he might have something to offer seemingly he is too busy, probably 'mirking' someone or something equally important.

Well, I know a teacher in a deprived city centre school who asked the kids to write a letter to someone inspirational, 5 young black kids from shit backgrounds picked Ferdinand and each sent him a letter. Just getting them to write them was an achievement in itself.

A week later his PA called and spoke to the teacher to say how moved/grateful and touch he was by the letters and that he had asked them to call. He was too busy to do it himself, so the teacher pushed and asked if he could do anything for them, right back, call, send a signed picture. Anything, the PA said she would speak to him and see what she could do.

So to say I disagree with the above post would be an understatement because while he might have something to offer seemingly he is too busy, probably 'mirking' someone or something equally important.

He probably sent the letters to himself, which confused him as to why somebody called Rio was sending him a signed photo, so he replied thanking him to the address it had been sent from and was shocked to get a thank you for the thank you... yeah... thick idiot.

• Like 2

He probably sent the letters to himself, which confused him as to why somebody called Rio was sending him a signed photo, so he replied thanking him to the address it had been sent from and was shocked to get a thank you for the thank you... yeah... thick idiot.

How many businesses do you run?

Stories this morning that they're chasing Eto'o. I really don't understand their fascination with old players on ridiculous wages.

Tony Fernandez is sat on the floor of his office with his shoes off playing FIFA 05 and buying players based on who plays well against him. Expect Shevchenko, Zanetti and Aimar to be unveiled in the coming weeks.

Â