Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

The fact is our team is made up of young kids and average players. The defence is just 3 kids and a dutchman. This is what our owner has reduced us to so getting hammered by a Man City side that we were competing with 2 and a half years ago is rather depressing.

This could be about nine - we're still thinking about the penalty decision - it utterly, totally, completely ruined this match. I don't think you can attach any real value to anything that happened after it, it's just a shame that our goal difference won't reflect that.

I hope Lambert gives him absolutely everything after the match - I'd like to hear old jug ears apologise for the liberal use of the C word on Match of the day.

I was thinking this, but I kind of hope that he doesn't. Yes, I want him to make it clear that the decision was that of a completely clueless and incompetent ****. And although I absolutely agree that our heads were understandably gone after the first penalty, I wouldn't want him to come across to others as though we're bitching about one decision in a game that we would have probably lost anyway. I know that isn't the case, but I don't think it'd come across like that if Lambert went mental on MOTD, as much as - in a way - it would be good to see him do so.

From a neutral point of view (Liverpool fan) I think you did well against Utd last week and were doing well here until you were royally screwed by the linesman.

I see signs of progress from Lambert and wouldn't be to disheartened.

Similar to Rodgers start at Liverpool, starting to see signs of improvement.

I have to agree with you.

The fact is our team is made up of young kids and average players. The defence is just 3 kids and a dutchman. This is what our owner has reduced us to so getting hammered by a Man City side that we were competing with 2 and a half years ago is rather depressing.

Noooooo, not a Dutchman!!!

And yup. Randy should have definitely kept ploughing money into the club, spending more money on wages alone than we were actually making. It only makes sense!

it's all about context isnt it. 9 points from 12 games for a team playing under their 6th manager since 2012 that's heavily comprised of young players. doesn't look pretty, but the context of the thing is that for the first time in a long time we're actually playing football, looking dangerous and have some semblance of a gameplan. things are coming together, have some **** patience for christ sake

Worst start to the Premiership ever. Maybe now in the bottom three and being hammered 5-0. Yep patience is what we need.

5 - 0

Embarassing

Sorry but it hasn't been embarrassing at all, you don't understand football if you think we have played to the level of "embarrassing". This game could quite easily still be 0-0 if we'd cleared a corner better at the end of the first half. Heads drop in football, it's human nature when victory is out of site your performance suffers. The linesman has made an atrociously bad decision and another highly debatable one which has caused this and ruined the game.

In Fifa's Laws of the Game 2005, Law 12 says a free-kick or penalty will be awarded if a player "handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)".

Page 67 of the document gives "additional information for referees, assistant referees and fourth officials".

It adds: "Referees are reminded that deliberately handling the ball is normally punished only by a direct free-kick or penalty kick if the offence occurred inside the penalty area.

"A caution or dismissal is not normally required."

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/rules_and_equipment/4524354.stm

The same City that beat us easily 3-1 when we were competing with them?

We ALWAYS do shit there in the league. Always.

Absolutely disgracefull performace, yeah both the penelties are iffy, but for the entire team to fold like this is unexcusiable. They earn £30.000-70.000 a weak for this?

Yup. That's how the world works. The more money you earn, the better you automatically are.

Anyway, I'm not quite sure that several of our side out there are earning anywhere near the £30k mark.

Personally, I'm happy with the effort, and can't blame them for struggling mentally after that joke of a penalty decision.

I don't believe you could be more wrong - I think the penalty decision and its effect on the game renders this an almost pointless exercise in trying to judge where we are as a side.

I guess you could make a case for us being mentally weak on the back of not recovering, but imagine if that decision had happened to United or Chelsea, we wouldn't have had the penalty yet - there would have been arrests, the manager would have been on the pitch and there'd have been a number of sendings off.

Everything after that penalty is just bullshit. I don't think you can measure anything off the back of it.

Under 10's let their heads drop not highly paid professional footballers. To give up after a poor decision is nothing short of a disgrace so don't let anyone make pathetic excuses about match fixing and bent officials

• Like 1

Worst start to the Premiership ever. Maybe now in the bottom three and being hammered 5-0. Yep patience is what we need.

I guess we should all turn into Morpheus clones now and sit and moan day in day out from our armchairs...