Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

it's all about context isnt it. 9 points from 12 games for a team playing under their 6th manager since 2012 that's heavily comprised of young players. doesn't look pretty, but the context of the thing is that for the first time in a long time we're actually playing football, looking dangerous and have some semblance of a gameplan. things are coming together, have some **** patience for christ sake

Don't feed the troll

This could be about nine - we're still thinking about the penalty decision - it utterly, totally, completely ruined this match. I don't think you can attach any real value to anything that happened after it, it's just a shame that our goal difference won't reflect that.

I hope Lambert gives him absolutely everything after the match - I'd like to hear old jug ears apologise for the liberal use of the C word on Match of the day.

I can't find it in me to criticise the players for anything that happens at this stage. Their heads are gone, Guzan included. If it was me I would have struggled to stop myself from walking off the pitch after that first peno decision.

The way to go about it is to fight back and not walk off. The players have done the latter.

Been watching, really cannot blame the players for their heads dropping, that linesman is a disgrace and it is not just about the two pens but the ref blowing anything he can (including Mancini (probably).

First time I have actually considered match fixing.

Stopped watching. This game is now a waste of everybody's time and our lads have no incentive to fight back. Let's say we were to score 5 now, who's to say some bent **** lino wouldn't disallow them all? This could easily be 10-0 by the end because the Villa players don't want to be on the pitch, and I don't blame them. Who wants to play a rigged game?

This is turning out to be the true measure of this team.

I don't believe you could be more wrong - I think the penalty decision and its effect on the game renders this an almost pointless exercise in trying to judge where we are as a side.

I guess you could make a case for us being mentally weak on the back of not recovering, but imagine if that decision had happened to United or Chelsea, we wouldn't have had the penalty yet - there would have been arrests, the manager would have been on the pitch and there'd have been a number of sendings off.

Everything after that penalty is just bullshit. I don't think you can measure anything off the back of it.

I think this might turn into 7-0 and Villa Talk is going to be in meltdown tonight!

oh let the good times roll and all the Villa haters come out to play!

Not really. Because Man City have taken something like 86 points from 90 at home. Never expected to win, but we were giving them a game. They were even saying at 1-0 "don't count Villa out of this" decisions have gone against us and at 2-0 we were never coming back. It's not 5-0, but i really don't care. We could never be competitive with shocking decisions like that.

From a neutral point of view (Liverpool fan) I think you did well against Utd last week and were doing well here until you were royally screwed by the linesman.

I see signs of progress from Lambert and wouldn't be to disheartened.

Similar to Rodgers start at Liverpool, starting to see signs of improvement.

• Like 1