January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Don't think we will even go down the loan route after we got burnt with Jenas. I also have a feeling we still worn strengthen even if Warnock and Hutton go. We need one of the big boys to leave I.e. Bent Ireland Nzogbia Gabby Given

Don't think we will even go down the loan route after we got burnt with Jenas. I also have a feeling we still worn strengthen even if Warnock and Hutton go. We need one of the big boys to leave I.e. Bent Ireland Nzogbia Gabby Given

In terms of wages Warnock is one of the big boys.

all the other teams that want to stay in the premier league are doing everything they can this window ie qpr and newcastle, we on the other hand look like we arent doing a fat lot, i think i know why !! search lerner rants at lambert on youtube and maybe that will shed some light...i dont see why they just cant come out and splash 20 mil and at least show the fans that they mean business and are willing to do anything to try and secure our prem future ?? at least the fans will back the club then and if we go down at least we can say we tried !! 20 mil on 2-3 biggish signings defo a strong cb and a strong cdm to boost the squad, come on lerner its now or never, dont let the fans down were too big a club with a rich history to be going down, lets show some fighting spirit ffs. pull your finger out and lift this whole club only you can do it.. im sort of thinging aswell that lambert has to go and get someone in with a bit a passion, i admire what he has tried to do but it has failed epicly, the whole club needs lifting AND FAST !!

Edited by werealldoomed

If you are trying to cut costs, you don't get rid of a cost and replace it with another one. Will be surprised to see anybody come in unless they are on peanuts.......and we all know what peanuts buys you.

We could still get someone decent in and cut the wage bill. E.g. we could get someone in on 30k (think Vlaar's on something around that) an still save 15k.

Not sure if this has been tweeted already and no idea how reliable this guy is, it's not AVFC MysteryMan by the way. This is what he's been tweeting this morning:

Mystery Man @thetransferteam

As we reported months ago Lerner was unhappy with Paul Lambert's signings so is refusing to back him with money this January. #avfc

Lerner had wanted #lambertout after the fiasco of the summer window. But was reluctant to spend yet more cash fixing poor appointment. #avfc

Lambert had been targetting more rough diamonds but Lerner unwilling to splash the cash on more gambles under questionable manager. #avfc

Some Villa fans seem not to like what they hear about Lambert. Remember: denial is not just a river in Egypt #curbs

@apd9970 RDM? He has never been in the frame. As much as you might hope he is.

According to the BBC website we are the 5th highest spenders since 2003 in January and that has equated to an average finish of 10th.

Total spend is 47 million at an average of 4.7 million a season.

Interesting to see the likes of Everton, Man Utd and Arsenal much further down that list.

Edited by sexbelowsound

I assume it's bollocks. Randy not happy with the signings? What, did he want players to earn more more? 

Not sure if this has been tweeted already and no idea how reliable this guy is, it's not AVFC MysteryMan by the way. This is what he's been tweeting this morning:

As we reported months ago Lerner was unhappy with Paul Lambert's signings so is refusing to back him with money this January. #avfc

FFS - Wages, Wages, Wages,  - are we fans or bloody accountants ?  - a decent premiership footballer earns between £40 - £75k a week- Get over it -  If we want to be a premiership club, thats what we are going to have to pay.

These complex calculations - if x pays 50% of huttons 50k pw , then that will free up £30k a week to bring in player z ....its complete rubbish ......Warnock + Dunne leave in the summer anyway ......

The real issue is are we prepared to pay the going rate for a prem player, Like Stoke, Newcastle, Fulham are ? - If not why not ?

• Like 2

FFS - Wages, Wages, Wages, - are we fans or bloody accountants ? - a decent premiership footballer earns between £40 - £75k a week- Get over it - If we want to be a premiership club, thats what we are going to have to pay.

These complex calculations - if x pays 50% of huttons 50k pw , then that will free up £30k a week to bring in player z ....its complete rubbish ......Warnock + Dunne leave in the summer anyway ......

The real issue is are we prepared to pay the going rate for a prem player, Like Stoke, Newcastle, Fulham are ? - If not why not ?

Totally agree!! I said this on another thread, if were not gonna pay the wages were not gonna be a winning team and survive in the premiership. So the quicker we are relagated the better for Lerner and maybe some of our fans!!!!!