January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Whilst I agree with this in principle, I do think that the agent of any player would tout his client about to all Premier League clubs before they sign. Anything to make a few more quid.

Yes I agree. Agents will make sure there is a bidding war whether we want it or not.

As soon as we make an offer the first thing they will do is ring around every club in a similar position and tell them what we are offering.

It's true. They're absolute scum. The sooner the game **** them off, the better.

I don't see how that makes them scum? They are just trying to get the best deal for their client. If we can't offer that then the player shouldn't come here.

When you hear how they feather their own nests and the stunts they pull to get deals done (or otherwise), you'd realise.

I dont suppose they're all like that but all too many.

I'll say no more about them.

Im not ITK but the fact is we always play it this way saying we have no money. Everyone knows Lerner is a Billionaire so the club have to play the cards close, saying we have money available or quoting a sum is always gonna get other clubs rubbing there hands together getting excited about fees and wages. The club are playing a great game as far as im concerned, spreading the rumour we have no money, then we can poach at the end of the transfer market saying "well we only have this much" Im quietly confident we will sign 1 or 2 before close of play!!

If we can tie up a short term deal for Danny Murphy and a slightly longer deal for Zat Knight to provide some solidity and presence at the back that would help a lot. Then we can maybe target one exciting attacking signing like Snodgrass or Peter Whittingham.

Well, no one can accuse you of setting your hopes unrealistically high if that's what you'd consider an exciting signing!!

• Like 1

Zat Knight and Vlaar would make an excellent partnership. At least he wouldn't get bullied like our current crop of amateur defenders.

Yeah he'd just get taken to the cleaners by any striker with half a brain and cost us valuable points by making stupid unforced errors.

FFS if we go back for players like Zat Knight we may as well pack it in.

Zat Knight, Snodgrass, whittingham, ohh my goodness have far do some of you think we have fallen, have some pride, mentioning Reo Coker coming back I thought the cold may have got to your brains

We have fallen alarmingly to being one of the worst teams in the premier league. The quicker we realise the better.

I've heard names such as Coutinho and Sneijder being mentioned by some on here for goodness sake.

Yeah he'd just get taken to the cleaners by any striker with half a brain and cost us valuable points by making stupid unforced errors.

FFS if we go back for players like Zat Knight we may as well pack it in.

Yes because the likes of Bennett and Clark are setting the premier league alight with their watertight defending.

Goodness me, some people need to realize the reality of the current situation.

Edited by West

West Ham manager Sam Allardyce says he is finding it tricky to bring in the defensive reinforcements he needs. "We've been trying in the whole of the window to try and bring in a defender, but not been able to clinch a deal yet," he said. "That is probably because we have been looking for a short-term deal in loans, as in terms of not permanent deals."

Got a left back and a right back for you if you want Sam. Both internationals. And they have both played with one of your centre halfs, meaning that can play with minimum adjustment. You can have 'em both for **** all, just pay their wages.

PS. as we are being so nice and helpful, any chance of Diame in return? Or Noble?