January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Lerner really needs to get over himself and go public and explain a few things to the fans.

Perhaps if he acknowledged a few mistakes and gave us a bit of insight into what his plan is there might be a little more support forthcoming.

• Like 1

So rather than me re reading it you could have worded it better?

The plan right now is that there is no short term plan. We keep going with the long term plan and que sera.

Eh??

Yes, that seems to be the way it is going..... Did you actually read the post?

I find the lack of communication the most upsetting

Lerner has treated the supporters with utter contempt and a lack of respect

I don't care how many billions he has you treat people as you expect to be treated yourself

But Lambert has done nothing with what his got. Yeah his bought some good players, but we are worst then we were before. He needs to up his game. I believe he is a good manager, but I think with the Villa he may have taken on a little more he can handle. He looks under serious pressure and its rubbing off on the players.

I agree that over this Christmas period we have been dire, but to say he has done 'nothing' is a bit far, we've had a good cup run and before the Christmas period the players looked as if they were giving it their all and we were getting some decent results which took us away from the relegation zone.

He definitely is under pressure to succeed, but for me personally succeeding this season would be staying up, and I didn't expect a great deal more than that at the start of the season.

The issue right now is that he must continue to be backed by Lerner and Faulkner if we're going to get anywhere, and if he says he needs strengthen this window (which clearly needs to happen!) then surely it should happen, otherwise the money spent on players in the Summer and the time and money spent on PL himself has gone to waste. He isn't a magician, not every signing was going to be fantastic and I don't think we all expected that to be the case, but we're now half way through the season and we can all see problems that need fixing just the same as PL can.

I don't care how many billions he has you treat people as you expect to be treated yourself

I agree, very much like a distant father to a child, throwing money around doesn't mean the relationship is a healthy one.

I have never got this attitude, to be honest. I don't see it as a given that the owners talk to the fans. Some obviously do, like Whelan, Doug (but he bullshitted). I've heard the same line since MON left and I find I don't easily agree.

• Like 1

Sorry but communication is key

Imagine buying shares in a company and then never hearing a word from the board of directors about future plans etc particularly when things have gone a bit pear shaped

Buying a season ticket at villa or investing in the club in anyway is no different to buying shares IMHO

Lerner must communicate

I have never got this attitude, to be honest. I don't see it as a given that the owners talk to the fans. Some obviously do, like Whelan, Doug (but he bullshitted). I've heard the same line since MON left and I find I don't easily agree.

Maybe you aren't bothered about where this muppet is taking the club but many of us do and want to hear what his plans are.

I personally don't give a flying peanut about what other clubs do or do not do. I as a fan who pays my hard earned cash into this club want to hear what this man is going to do with it.

Maybe I was spoiled as for many years when we were a PLC I attended AGMs and heard what was going, we had written annual reports to look at and had a chance to question the board. Historically there used to be other fans forums with managers and even Ellis himself.

This lot started off with the big communication thing supporters consultation groups, Senile Old Generals posting on websites, asking for our involvement with the new badge etc etc......great when things were going well. Now that things have gone tits up it's circle the wagons and hide.

Times have changed with football so perhaps it is now more important that clubs communicate with fans because after Tuesday I question whether I shall bother going down.

Charlie Nicholas said he knew Paul Lambert and if he had any money to spend he would have by now to lift the dressing room and the fans

He thinks there is no money Lambert has probably asked but Lerner's told him to do one

Unbelievable

It's a rare occasion when I agree with CI, but he's right. We need more communication from the board. How can they expect fans to keep turning up in their thousands when it appears the chairman and board don't give a shit and seem to accept relegation halfway through the season? Absolute madness.

Charlie Nicholas said he knew Paul Lambert and if he had any money to spend he would have by now to lift the dressing room and the fans

He thinks there is no money Lambert has probably asked but Lerner's told him to do one

Unbelievable

We are doomed :(

Unbelievable

I saw this too.

Makes some good points has Lambert ever been known to do business late?

Sounds very plausible.

If they speak up and tell us future plans I don't mind spending my hard earned to support my club. If they expect me to spend my money watching us lose, struggle whatever ya wanna call it, week in week out, there having a laugh. I don't mind losing the odd game if I understand what were aiming for. If we lose today, Bradford an a 3rd game, without spending, I will take it Lerner is happy for us to drop into the Championship and these are his future plans!!!!!

My guess is we're not spending anything because we haven't managed to clear any big earners off the wage bill.

Not that I agree with this policy. We need players in now, but I think that's probably what is happening.