January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Lambert has been told today that he won't be able to sign the targets he had identified? I think that is quite interesting and will really influence our season!

Is that 100% guaranteed to continue to the position for the next 13 days? Probably but who knows? What are you finding so difficult to understand?

...and why are you having such a tantrum about it?

Haha tantrum? I'm just discussing things little fella. You're the one throwing personal insults about and asking if people are real.

You're right, if Lambert has said that, it is interesting. What I'm finding difficult to understand is how someone can say, almost categorically, that we will not sign ANYONE. Then immediately backtrack and say that we COULD sign someone if that position changes.

Maybe you should have added this point before you spouted off that we will NOT sign anyone this window. I don't know why I've had to explain this 3 times, do YOU not understand.

By the way, if it upsets you that I used the word 'backtrack' again, maybe take a step away from the PC and play Nintendo or something?

The fact is though, you are claiming to be ITK, spouting off stuff everybody knows. We are all aware that Randy may decide not to spend, and then maybe he could have a change of heart and spend, or the other way around. If you made your statements with the intro of IMO, you would not be getting this stick. However, you are just inviting criticism by claiming you are so ITK.

I heard a few things over the last few weeks from a very reliable source and posted them on here

- I heard at the start of the window that Lambert would be signing 2 or 3 "decent" players (around £5m-ish)

- I heard that we approached Sissoko and he was looking for £75k a week which we refused

- I heard last night that Lambert had been told that the original 2 or 3 decent players would not now be funded (and I posted it well before the Mail and SSN interview)

- I heard second-hand that Lambert doesn't expect to sign anyone at all now

I could care less whether you believe any of it or not

As to whether any of this will change, your guess is as good as mine - if Sissoko came back and said he is now willing to sign for £15k a week (unlikely) then it wouldn't surprise me if a deal got done

I posted something I heard about Heskey last year which was 100% correct and got abuse then too

As I say believe it or don't - It doesn't matter one way or the other to me

The fact is though, you are claiming to be ITK, spouting off stuff everybody knows. We are all aware that Randy may decide not to spend, and then maybe he could have a change of heart and spend, or the other way around. If you made your statements with the intro of IMO, you would not be getting this stick. However, you are just inviting criticism by claiming you are so ITK.

Not to mention the fact he said that we will NOT sign anyone.

Basically what VillaCas has said is 'we will NOT sign anyone, unless Randy decides he wants to spend money', which any child could have told you.

I don't know why he's getting his knickers in a twist. He stated something as fact and said 'you are wrong' to people who questioned him, now he's changed his story and can only respond with insults.

Heavyweight intellectuals VillaCas?... When will the hilarious burns stop.

Don't take things so personally ay ;)

• Like 2

Anyone else starting to think that MON never left everything until the last minute, he was waiting for the useless prat in charge to decide if it was a good move or not?

Creeks and paddles this window.

being saying that
  • Like 1

I could care less whether you believe any of it or not

Now come come, we all know that's not true. If you didn't you wouldn't be getting all silly about people disagreeing with you.

ITKs particularly those with such obvious knowledge and reliable sauces such as yourself need the attention to validate your existence.

You are the Internet equivalent of the kid make fart sounds with his armpit in class

Haha tantrum? I'm just discussing things little fella. You're the one throwing personal insults about and asking if people are real.

You're right, if Lambert has said that, it is interesting. What I'm finding difficult to understand is how someone can say, almost categorically, that we will not sign ANYONE. Then immediately backtrack and say that we COULD sign someone if that position changes.

Maybe you should have added this point before you spouted off that we will NOT sign anyone this window. I don't know why I've had to explain this 3 times, do YOU not understand.

By the way, if it upsets you that I used the word 'backtrack' again, maybe take a step away from the PC and play Nintendo or something?

My last word on it is : We won't be signing anyone in this window and there are no possible circumstances that could ever change that, ever, ever

I won't be replying to you again

Anyone else starting to think that MON never left everything until the last minute, he was waiting for the useless prat in charge to decide if it was a good move or not?

Creeks and paddles this window.

Judging by how much we paid for players and how much money they were on I can't imagine much negotiation was happening :P

• Like 1

My last word on it is : We won't be signing anyone in this window and there are no possible circumstances that could ever change that, ever, ever

I won't be replying to you again

...unless Randy changes his mind, right? Good. Glad we got that cleared up.

its unlikely lerner will change his mind now, no matter what happens, hes expecting relegation so why should he waste more money?

any transfers involving this club will be players out, but not for much, so im starting to agree that no players will be bought, otherwise something would of happened by now

i dont think lerner is looking at the (lack of) quality in the first team, i think hes looking at it in numbers of how many first teamers we have and how much theyre earning, and hes thinking, thats enough to stay in the league

Edited by AndyBM

Yeah I agree but if that's the case why is there reports in various papers stating he will be backing the manager to beat the drop?

Like this one for example http://www.dailymail...ady-invest.html

If Lambert is saying we can't splash the cash and get the club into debt, then theres newspapers that say otherwise.

I know who i believe. (If Lambert is bluffing then thats great)

Check the Randy Lerner thread. According to the Express the club has sounded-out Di Matteo's representatives whether he would be interested in managing Villa.

Di Matteo would not be my choice but as Champions League winner he may have the high profile internationally to pull-in a big signing... if Lerner was planning to spend.

Check the Randy Lerner thread. According to the Express the club has sounded-out Di Matteo's representatives whether he would be interested in managing Villa.

Di Matteo would not be my choice but as Champions League winner he may have the high profile internationally to pull-in a big signing... if Lerner was planning to spend.

I wouldn't use the CL win as a benchmark for RDM's quality. But for John Terry a certain Avram Grant would be a CL winner. It means nothing. The other thing is we are far far far far shitter than Chelsea are/were.

EDIT - Ah reread your post. Agree that he could attract good players if he was backed.

Edited by jacketspuds