January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Morpheous has been correct about how poor lambert was going to be. It's looking like he may well be correct about a certain manager we all hate on here.

I can well see qpr finishing above us this season and if by some miracle we both survive I'd be I'll be amazed if they weren't ahead of us next year.

I´m starting to feel like its better to try and sign players that could bring us back from the Championship next season. Buy cheap players (wage wise) that we can keep in the Championship. Then put out all stops to keep Benteke and Vlaar at the club, make them our top earners. For example, get Dale Stephens (the famous Stevie G of the championship), Raoul Loe (a french DM from Osasuna, a beast…) and James Chester. Could probably buy all three of them for 10£m and wages we could afford in the championship.

If we go down, then try in the summer to plug the holes in the squad after we´ll see whos leaving. I have no doubt Bent will leave, if not in january then surely in the summer. Ireland , not sure but I hope so. Given, hopefully Celtic sell Forster and we can ship Given up there… Dunne, Warnock and Lichaj is off at the end of season. In that case we might buy a new striker, there should be no problem buying a proven championship striker IMO. A new back up keeper, a winger and maybe another RB?

That could gives a starting eleven looking something like:

Guzan

Lowton, Vlaar, Chester/Baker/Clark, Bennett

Westwood, Loe

Weimann, Stephens, Agbonlahor

Benteke

+ players in the squad like: Gardner, Delph, Albrighton, Stevens, Bowery, Burke, Williams, N´Zogbia?, Holman? Graham? Grealish?

Surely we could afford ONE season in the championship?

Kind of a new start for the club, who knows we might even win a few games!

And as someone earlier said, maybe we get som proper football in the championship instead of the plastic shit in the premiership.

Oh, and keep Paul Lambert even if we are relegated.

And by the way, of course I would rather stay in the Premier League, but I dont think it´ll be the end of the world if we dont.

• Like 1

Morpheous has been correct about how poor lambert was going to be. It's looking like he may well be correct about a certain manager we all hate on here.

I can well see qpr finishing above us this season and if by some miracle we both survive I'd be I'll be amazed if they weren't ahead of us next year.

Tbh if QPR it will be because they have given Harry a blank cheque book more so than anything else.They have a huge squad with very good players god knows what Hughes was doing there to make them so crap.

That said my faith in PL has seriously wained I think quite a few managers could do better than he has done now.

no question in my mind, that qpr have the quality to stay up if they have a manager that can point them all in the right direction and get them playing well... i also have no doubt that tony fernandes has done something very similar to the spend of the early MON years - QPR have bought in 24 players over the last two seasons, the vast majority of which will be on substantial packages and have little or no sell-on value.... even if they stay up this year, they have problems that will take years to work out, as we have found out to our expense....

for us, at least we're starting to see the injury problems easing a bit - vlaar, dunne, westwood, gabby, zoggy all back... bent close... given doing fine when he gets a game - these are senior players (with the exception of westwood, but i think he's great, so i'll include him here) and were all not available to us over the horror show that was christmas... i also think that if stephen warnock is sitting at home waiting for a game, we should bring him back into the fold - the lad may have been shit, when we had the luxury of a new manager, new players and lots of optimism... we don't have that now, and it looks like noones coming in to buy him..

with these senior players back, i can see us as the 14th place team we were before the christmas break... add a couple of new players in, and we should be fine...

presuming we add no new players in the window, my team would be:

gk: guzan

lb: warnock

cb: vlaar

cb: clark

rb: lowton

cm: westwood

cm delph

cm: zoggy

lw: gabby

cf: benteke

rw: weimann

subs:

given

bennett

dunne, or until he's ready, baker

herd

ireland

bannan

bent, or until he's ready,

bowery

I´m starting to feel like its better to try and sign players that could bring us back from the Championship next season. Buy cheap players (wage wise) that we can keep in the Championship. Then put out all stops to keep Benteke and Vlaar at the club, make them our top earners. For example, get Dale Stephens (the famous Stevie G of the championship), Raoul Loe (a french DM from Osasuna, a beast…) and James Chester. Could probably buy all three of them for 10£m and wages we could afford in the championship.

If we go down, then try in the summer to plug the holes in the squad after we´ll see whos leaving. I have no doubt Bent will leave, if not in january then surely in the summer. Ireland , not sure but I hope so. Given, hopefully Celtic sell Forster and we can ship Given up there… Dunne, Warnock and Lichaj is off at the end of season. In that case we might buy a new striker, there should be no problem buying a proven championship striker IMO. A new back up keeper, a winger and maybe another RB?

That could gives a starting eleven looking something like:

Guzan

Lowton, Vlaar, Chester/Baker/Clark, Bennett

Westwood, Loe

Weimann, Stephens, Agbonlahor

Benteke

+ players in the squad like: Gardner, Delph, Albrighton, Stevens, Bowery, Burke, Williams, N´Zogbia?, Holman? Graham? Grealish?

Surely we could afford ONE season in the championship?

Kind of a new start for the club, who knows we might even win a few games!

And as someone earlier said, maybe we get som proper football in the championship instead of the plastic shit in the premiership.

Oh, and keep Paul Lambert even if we are relegated.

And by the way, of course I would rather stay in the Premier League, but I dont think it´ll be the end of the world if we dont.

We've seen how quickly things can turn around, as it was only a few games ago that we were drawing with Arsenal and Stoke, and beating Liverpool.

To gear up to life in the Championship when there's 16 games left to play and two teams behind us is ridiculous. It's still close in the bottom half of the table and adding some quality to the team could see us in a comfortable position.

We've got 16 league games to go this season with players returning from injury at the moment and although we havent signed anybody yet, the odd comment from PL would suggest we will sign a midfielder and possibly a CB. He's not stupid and knows thats what we need so I think it will happen. You dont get relegated in February and although we are not what we used to be, we are still bigger and stronger than at least 4 teams around us in the league.

The fans have been awesome and need to continue to make as much noise as possible because the team and manager need us more than ever so we cant give up on them.

We will turn Bradford over and we will survive this season, then we will ship out all the deadwood in the summer and PL can build the team up for next season.

If I'm wrong, we will just have to watch championship football next season and carry on singing. We've been down before and our support was amazing. There is one thing about the Villa that has never changed and never will.... US!

VTID!

• Like 1

while your club sits on its hands and does sod all.

Fustrating

Unless you are an ITK how can you say the club does sod all? I am damn sure that Lambert and before him McLeish were desperate to do some business, but in the end if a) the club won’t pay the money and B) they believe the sums don’t add then they don’t do the deal. Sure its frustrating, but I don’t think for a second that sod all is happening.

Due to the fixtures, this week is our longest break between games of the window so hopefully this week is when it will happen. We've got 4 games in 10 days starting Saturday which takes us up to the end of the window so I'm hoping to see at least 2 names come in by the weekend that will be paraded (if cup-tied) or playing on Tuesday night.

Due to the fixtures, this week is our longest break between games of the window so hopefully this week is when it will happen. We've got 4 games in 10 days starting Saturday which takes us up to the end of the window so I'm hoping to see at least 2 names come in by the weekend that will be paraded (if cup-tied) or playing on Tuesday night.

That was my theory - but nothing looks imminent - and from thurs onwards, the focus will be on the weekends game - then Bradford. I really think we should have had something in the pipeline Jan 1. Like I posted last night, I am wondering if the skids are already under Lambert.

Well i think if we don't get anybody in by the baggies game were in for another spanking

It was bad enough us not getting anyone in for the Southampton game now its looking likely we won't even have anyone in for the baggies game

Abysmal

2 hopes.

Bob and No.

Apparently John Arne Riise has been told he can leave Fulham...

Yes please.

Sorry if it's already been mentioned, scrolling through pages on your mobile takes hours! Anyone know how to do it quickly?

That was my theory - but nothing looks imminent - and from thurs onwards, the focus will be on the weekends game - then Bradford. I really think we should have had something in the pipeline Jan 1. Like I posted last night, I am wondering if the skids are already under Lambert.

Hopefully today is the day then. Perhaps its blind faith but I have a good feeling about it now despite feeling down and negative for most of this window (apart from when the Coutinho stuff was about).

I'm sure something will dampen my spirits soon enough so I'm gonna enjoy the next 10 mins or so feeling like we're gonna do business today!

QPR have gone shit or bust to survive and in candle face they have a proven man manager..

Reading look they have some fight in them!

Soton are playing well!!!

Sunderland will keep trying with the cheque book and have some quality in the team already!

Newcastle will attract a good striker eventually!

Wigan ALWAYS have a good second half/end to the season!

We are a Championship quality side with a couple of Premier League quality players thrown in!! If things don't change quickly we will finish firmly bottom of the league!!

Why o' why do we always seem to **** about???