January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

The window ends on 30 Jan and its the 14th so yes correct we are not halfway through but merely 46.67% of the way through the window. Our head scout is on gardening leave, other than that things are looking rosy .

What a fantastic window and indeed season this is turning into.

The window ends on 30 Jan.

No, it ends on the 31 January.

There are two transfer windows in each Barclays Premier League season.

The first commences at midnight on the last day of the season and ends on 31 August if a working day - or, if not, on the first working day thereafter, at a time determined by the Board.

The second transfer window commences at midnight on the 31 December and ends on the 31 January if a working day, and again, if not, on the first working day thereafter, at a time determined by the Board.

Temporary transfers can be made permanent outside of the transfer windows. For further information please see the rules in the Premier League Handbook.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/fans/faqs/when-does-transfer-window-open-close.html

No players I was suggesting were not like Warnock or Hutton.

Dunne is injured so cant fufil the role but we need a leader and experienced player who can shepard the young players through this difficult time.

Best example but different sport was the England Cricket captain mid 70s who on his playing didnt deserve to be in the team but was such a good captain he was picked on that alone.

My point exactly, why bring in more players like this?

We are currently naming a lot of good foreign players that could take time to settle in. Time is something we do not have.

Remember When under Gregory, Ugo got injured (eye socket I think) and our season started to fall apart. He went and bought Calderwood for cheap to shore up the defense and bring in some experience. Not a glamour signing and he was found hiding in Spurs reservers. But he did a job.

Isnt that what we need at the moment in addition to the new young up and coming players.

Good point that. QPR singed Ryan Nelson (although he is likely to be off), and he proved their best defender in the first half of the season. Not glamourous, and Pl would have been hammered for it, but a solid pro who won't let you down.

In that case there really is no need to panic at all as we are 14.5 days into a 31 day window or 46.77% of the way through it.

Phew , thanks for putting my mind at ease.

You're welcome <_<

Who knows in 14.5 days time we could be hailing this as a great transfer window or, we could be moaning like we are know. Me, I'm going to wait and see and have some faith.. Incredible I know!

You're welcome <_<

Who knows in 14.5 days time we could be hailing this as a great transfer window or, we could be moaning like we are know. Me, I'm going to wait and see and have some faith.. Incredible I know!

Problem is we needed players in for Southampton and WBA and Newcastle , we are running out of games and are in the bottom 3 in case you hadn't noticed. I guess fans have just been worn down over this last 3 years to the point now where there is little interest, fight, belief or emotion anymore

In that case there really is no need to panic at all as we are 14.5 days into a 31 day window or 46.77% of the way through it.

Phew , thanks for putting my mind at ease.

Actually we are 13.5 (think about it) days into a 31 day window or 43.55% through it.

While I am obviously not expecting any superstar signings, believe it or not we are still capable of signing players who are much better than Karl Henry!!!

Besides, Karl Henry is like Delph but worse. Henry is always a red card waiting to happen! We are useless with eleven players, nevermind ten! Karl Henry is most certainly not the answer to our midfield problems!

Let's face the truth. We are in need of experience now! And we don't have a big bag of cash... Karl Henry has proven to be a feared and loyal team player in the premier league for our rivals Wolves. OK, He's not the most gifted player in England, but he gives everything and he never gives up without a fight. So he's got his share of red cards, but I think that is a thing of the past... He is now older and wiser. But most importantly, he is a natural leader on and off the field.

And that is what we are lacking the most right now. He can be the one which the younger boys can lean to. This is not so much about the players technical quality - it's all about leadership and experience. Karls got plenty! AND he's been in relegation turmoil before... :)

Even Danny Murphy (Blackburn) or "unknown" Keith Andrews (Bolton) could do the same for us... They are obvious leaders and will lead by example.