January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Remember that we have gotten the wages down considerably, and they will be even lower when:

Warnock leaves (40k a week) out of contract this summer

Dunne leaves (40-50k a week) out of contract this summer

We also have Petrov off the books (45k a week)

Then we have some players we could shift:

Bent (70k a week)

N'Zogbia (50k a week)

Ireland (60k a week)

Given (60k a week) if anyone will take him.

We can sign one or two high earners even if we did not manage to shift all the four mentioned with wages between 50k and 70k a week.

People don't realise and keep missing off Gabby Agbonlahor on high wages list is on 65k a week, MON gave him a massive contract few years back making him one of the top earners, IMO he should be one first people to go.. he has about 5 good games a season and for 65k a week it's not worth it

• Like 1

regards Gabbys wages, a mate of mine does an accountancy course with Gabbys brother, who blatantly was showing Gabbys wage slip around a few months back. 65k a week is wide of the mark. And at least a third of his wages is made of of various bonuses inc, appearance, assist, goals etc.

People don't realise and keep missing off Gabby Agbonlahor on high wages list is on 65k a week, MON gave him a massive contract few years back making him one of the top earners, IMO he should be one first people to go.. he has about 5 good games a season and for 65k a week it's not worth it

good point ref Gabby, as much as I respect Gabby and would like him to stay at the club idealy he does not justify his wages, think he is a great ambassador for Villa and a useful backup player but I would rather replace him and take a punt on Aubameyang.

Edited by honest_bertie

Gabby is a decent impact player and nothing more at this point. He had a period a few years ago when he looked fantastic but he, in my opinion, beefed-up too much and lost that spark. I hope he comes back and finds some form again but I'd be shocked if he did.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

from a pkaying standpoint, i think Gabby will never be the pkayer he was for us. His one asset was pace but injuries, too much bulking up has robbed him of that and, unlike other players whos pace wanes, he lacks the footballing brain to adapt his game. I'd sell him if a good offer came along. We've seen the best of Gabby and thats gone now.

We need to be signing players not getting rid. Gabby was/is/still will be a good player for us.

We need some of these players (Gabby, N'Zogbia, Dunne, Vlaar, Bent etc.) back in the team/squad desperately. These young players should have been brought in with experienced/good players around them, not altogether. We'll ruin some of them eventually if we're not careful (obviously injuries have put this out of Lambert's control for now).

People change - grow up.... Lot of water under the bridge & all that, so who knows?

Maybe they do and I am not disagreeing that but for me it is more the logistics behind the move as a whole why I cannot see it happen.

It may do but I can't see how it would better us any in the long run.

For me Lescott is exactly the kind of signing we don't want to be making. The whole thing would smack of desperation, and the suggestion by people that he might come here out of some desire to play for his boyhood team only really makes it worse.

Lescott at this stage of his career would have been a typical MON signing, but the problem with that is AVFC would always be a step down from playing Champions League Football and winning the Premier League with Man City, so where would his motivation come from ? I'm afraid if this happened we'd end up with just another player cruising rather than a player fighting for his club.

I understand that the purchase of younger less experienced players is a risk, but i still believe it's the best long term policy for the club, and i'd prefer that we continued along that path.

From Tom Ross:

"Lambert when pressed on rumours re Lescott signing for Villa said wages might be a problem and that finances will dictate all signings - added that they do not HAVE to sell anybody including Darren Bent"

So basically, he said exactly what you'd expect him to say ref buying or selling. Intesresting that there was no denial ref JL. Seems like some contact is going on. Of course it'll depend on money.

regards Gabbys wages, a mate of mine does an accountancy course with Gabbys brother, who blatantly was showing Gabbys wage slip around a few months back. 65k a week is wide of the mark. And at least a third of his wages is made of of various bonuses inc, appearance, assist, goals etc.

Cant imagine he's been claiming much for a goal bonus then*

*still love him

Can't believe people are condoning the possible sale of Agbonlahor following a weekend where Bennet played left wing and Albrighton played right wing.

There aren't many better than Gabby in the current squad, and he probably sits at about 20th in the list of players that need replacing at AVFC.

For me Lescott is exactly the kind of signing we don't want to be making. The whole thing would smack of desperation,

I understand that the purchase of younger less experienced players is a risk, but i still believe it's the best long term policy for the club, and i'd prefer that we continued along that path.

Unfortunately, thats about what it adds up to......desperation (though maybe thats too drastic a word as its early days yet).

Baker is injury prone.....but will come good, until he's crocked again.

Clark is very hit and miss.

Herd is.....well, not good enough.

And Dunne?

Add to that we've conceded a shocking amount of goals over the the festive period and.......well, speaks for itself really.

But, yes, I agree that the long term policy of producing a younger, more vibrant side rather than a bunch of 'last chance saloon' high-earners is the way to go. I just feel that PL has no option atm, what with injuries and shuffling players around, but to add some stability to a rocky ship.