January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

So to save us from potential relegation we should sign 4 past it players who got relegated last season. I'd rather PL gambled on foreign youngsters.

I wouldn't like to gamble on anymore youngsters for the time being thanks.

These types of players have the understanding of what its like to be in a relegation fight, their knowledge could be vital.

I'd be pretty sure that what Lambert is saying when he says you don't know what you're going to get from experienced players is that you don't know how motivated they're going to be. They might be highly motivated, or they might be an Ireland or a N'Zogbia.

This is one of the cornerstones of Lambert's philosophy: That motivation is paramount. And I agree with it fwiw.

Obviously we can all dream of the Marin's, Milners and co but here are a couple of REALISTICALLY obtainable players who I think could strengthen us and steady the ship for a few months;

Danny Murphy (Blackburn) - mentioned previously, hugely experienced and could slot in as captain to mentor the young kids.

Pedersen (Blackburn) - Again easily obtainable and has premier league experience.

Zat Knight (Bolton) - Commanding presence and could really organise the back 3/4. Would love to come back I'm sure.

Kevin Davies (Bolton) - Outstanding professional, cameo appearances from the bench or as a starter would be extremely valuable in our current state. Excellent role model for the likes of Weimann and Benteke.

:D

The above post is a joke, right?

Obviously we can all dream of the Marin's, Milners and co but here are a couple of REALISTICALLY obtainable players who I think could strengthen us and steady the ship for a few months;

Danny Murphy (Blackburn) - mentioned previously, hugely experienced and could slot in as captain to mentor the young kids.

Pedersen (Blackburn) - Again easily obtainable and has premier league experience.

Zat Knight (Bolton) - Commanding presence and could really organise the back 3/4. Would love to come back I'm sure.

Kevin Davies (Bolton) - Outstanding professional, cameo appearances from the bench or as a starter would be extremely valuable in our current state. Excellent role model for the likes of Weimann and Benteke.

Some good shouts there. They'd all improve us

Zat Knight is a hapless turd.

I'd get in the following...

Etherington, Mellberg, Reo-Coker

I'd then play...

Guzan

Lowton

Vlaar

Mellberg

Warnock

Albrighton

Reo-Coker

Bannan

Etherington

Agbonlahor

Benteke

This would offer a resiliant spine, with a bit of pace and width and goal threat.

However, we'll probably sign Charlie-****-Austin and a load of League 2 kids who are 'young and hungry'.

Samba is being payed a fortune in Russia.

Out of the relegated clubs:

Wolves: Doyle, Hunt, O'Hara, Ward

Bolton: Mark Davies, Wheater, Eagles, M Petrov.

Blackburn: Scott Dann, Olsson (both), Givet.

Blackpool: Matt Phillips (presume Ince is going to Liverpool)

I think we should go for a couple of loan signings.

Robbie Keane was a success last year, I would think he can do a good job a couple of months this season too.

Frimpong and Rosicky are two good shouts.

What about trying to buy Raul Mereiles? Can't be that great playing in the Turkish league?

If Samba is available, what about a loan move for him?

What about Paulo Ferreira? Some experience in him.

Doyle ?

Are you seriously suggesting Kevin Doyle as a potential answer to our problems? :P

Apart from my dingle mates not rating him what so ever, mates who are ST holders and who I believe know a little bit about footy I have yet to see anything from Doyle apart from that one season in the premiership to suggest he could be of benefit to us. By all accounts and from when iv seen him play in the last 3 seasons he he is a runner, no that technically gifted and his overall game is average at best.

Were in trouble, and we can with the right signings move away, but to suggest players of Doyles ilk is madness i reckon. Do you honestly believe he can address a number of our issues?

We cant score goals at the moment... can he ? 117 appearances, 23 goals. 9 of which came when he had that great first season in the prem. Since then 83 appearances 12 goals.

How rediculous are some people on here? There is a difference between signing players who are already on little money that have a lot of out-put and buying players who just take a **** load of money every week and don't really bring anything to the table, are more likely to be a problem in the dressing room, and would also not show any pride in wearing an Aston Villa shirt.

I wish people would think before they spout some stupid rediculous names here! Just look at QPR for crying out loud!!

Edited by Tayls