January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Without scapegoating, it is becoming increasingly apparent that Lichaj, Herd and Bannan are absolutely nowhere near good enough to play at this level. We have to use this transfer window wisely and begin to draft out these sorts of players, who'll inevitably see us relegated.

If we're able to bring in three decent, experienced prem players, that maybe aren't getting enough game time at their current clubs, almost build a mini spine down the team as a quick fix and bring back the likes of Vlaar, Dunne and Gabby I still think we can be all right. Big ifs though, the whole process of buying a player is harder now with various relegation clauses and the pull of buying, with the prospect that we'll be in the Championship next year.

In reality, I doubt we'll do any business. Maybe the odd loan.

Edited by nobler

Nobody will want to come to us because come January 2nd will be in the relegation zone - oh, and we are also really really terrible and nobody will want to be part of it... That is how it is going to be.

Lambert will go with what he has got...

ive got a feeling that PL doesnt like buying older experienced players as they he will then get found out, at least with kids he can trick into thinking that he knows what hes doing, experienced players will just laugh at him, his tactic and his whole managerial know how

I think it's way too late. If Lambert has money, he's going to buy young lower league players.

You don't win anything with kids they said. Seems like a true statement.

Some people even use that quote to justify Lambert's purchases. Sure, you CAN win with kids like United did, but they weren't just kids, they were players who all went on to win lots of trophies and honour. Ryan Giggs, David Beckham, Paul Scholes, Gary Neville etc, the difference is that these guys were actually good. Age does not matter when you are good enough, but our players are only young, none of them are particularly good are they?

Benteke is good, he is also young, so perhaps we can take a look in the Dutch and German leagues, above all these are countries where you can find unknown and cheap players - unlike in England where most quantities are known, and where prices are much higher. There is a reason why Lowton, Bennett and Westwood weren't picked up long ago by much better scouting systems like Man U and Arsenal, because they haven't caught anyone's eyes. United went for Powell instead of Westwood, and he has looked so mature whenever he has come on to the pitch. I am not saying we should never buy British talent, but it is much harder to find the gems in my opinion.

• Like 1

ive got a feeling that PL doesnt like buying older experienced players as they he will then get found out, at least with kids he can trick into thinking that he knows what hes doing, experienced players will just laugh at him, his tactic and his whole managerial know how

conspiracy-theory-meme-300x300.jpg

:bang: :bang: :bang:

The comments about the kids are spot on. What other team in the league starts games with as many youth team players as we do. Clark, Lichaj, Bannan, Herd, Weimann and sometimes Baker as well is far too many kids to start a Premier League match with. Especially as the likes of Bannan, Lichaj and Herd are Championship quality at best.

The buck stops with Lerner. He picks the manager, he's had 3 chances to pick a new one now and lets be honest, he didnt have to accept O'Neill when he first took over either. He's been awful for the Browns and he's chosen two awful managers so far.

Lambert is the right man for the job.

Lerner needs to back Lambert - and more importantly, back Henke - to the hilt this January.

We need to salvage £10-15m from Bent. £6-8m from other players (I hope for us to sell Delfouneso, Hutton, Warnock, Ireland) and then invest All of that + £15m on new players of decent quality. It's not going to happen, but it's what we will need to stay up in my opinion. So £30-£38m on new players to stay up and build for the future in my opinion.

The comments about the kids are spot on. What other team in the league starts games with as many youth team players as we do. Clark, Lichaj, Bannan, Herd, Weimann and sometimes Baker as well is far too many kids to start a Premier League match with. Especially as the likes of Bannan, Lichaj and Herd are Championship quality at best.

Nothing personal but today, who else could Lambert have picked today?? Clark was the only recognisable CB available!!!

Our current selection unfortunately are more to do with injured personnel than a sinister plot to field the youngest team ever!

Who would want to come this club in this current position? we had Bent come in but I just don't see it happening again because we had ashley young and stuart downing at the time he came in.. we have no such quality now.

Dark times and I think Lambert will just go out and buy Kids again.

Edited by dudevillaisnice

The buck stops with Lerner. He picks the manager, he's had 3 chances to pick a new one now and lets be honest, he didnt have to accept O'Neill when he first took over either. He's been awful for the Browns and he's chosen two awful managers so far.

Lambert is the right man for the job.

Lerner needs to back Lambert - and more importantly, back Henke - to the hilt this January.

We need to salvage £10-15m from Bent. £6-8m from other players (I hope for us to sell Delfouneso, Hutton, Warnock, Ireland) and then invest All of that + £15m on new players of decent quality. It's not going to happen, but it's what we will need to stay up in my opinion. So £30-£38m on new players to stay up and build for the future in my opinion.

good post lets hope it happens

Nothing personal but today, who else could Lambert have picked today?? Clark was the only recognisable CB available!!!

Our current selection unfortunately are more to do with injured personnel than a sinister plot to field the youngest team ever!

I never said there was a sinister plot to field a young team on purpose. However, apart from Vlaar and possible Gabby who else do you think will come in when the injury situation clears up. Bent? He wasn't played when fit. Same with CNZ. The fact is our squad is piss poor and littered with too many young players. It's not that there are too many young players in the starting 11 but in the squad in general. Lerner's actions over the last 3 seasons as royally **** us over.

I never said there was a sinister plot to field a young team on purpose. However, apart from Vlaar and possible Gabby who else do you think will come in when the injury situation clears up. Bent? He wasn't played when fit. Same with CNZ. The fact is our squad is piss poor and littered with too many young players. It's not that there are too many young players in the starting 11 but in the squad in general. Lerner's actions over the last 3 seasons as royally **** us over.

I agree, Vlaar, Gabby but would add possibly Bent, CNZ and even Dunne would get a look in currently.

Totally agree with Lerner leading us into this mess and the one with the tools to fix it. Fortunately (if there can be one), it's the right time to be so poor and I believe RL was there today to witness how awful we were. Hopefully, he and PL and already locked in a room arranging imminent signings.

I agree, Vlaar, Gabby but would add possibly Bent, CNZ and even Dunne would get a look in currently.

Totally agree with Lerner leading us into this mess and the one with the tools to fix it. Fortunately (if there can be one), it's the right time to be so poor and I believe RL was there today to witness how awful we were. Hopefully, he and PL and already locked in a room arranging imminent signings.

I hope you're right. My fear is that Lambert already had signings lined up weeks ago and we will see more inexperienced players from lower leagues. We shall see.

Look at Everton. Look at West Brom. Look at Newcastle. Look at Swansea. Where did all their players come from? Mostly purchases from around Europe and some lower league players. It seems to be working for them. There is no reason it will not work for us in the long term.

Lerner must give Lambert the money to bring in the players he wants, and trust him. If he is not an absolute head case then he will bring in players with quality, and a bit more experience.

If we do not buy a few players, I believe we will go down.

But do not expect Joe Cole. Do not expect Joleen Lescott (where the **** has that rumour come from it's insane). Do not expect Michael Dawson. Do not expect Scott Parker. The time of Villa paying 50k/week for a player looking for 1 last big pay day are over. It really isn't that difficult to comprehend.

I hope you're right. My fear is that Lambert already had signings lined up weeks ago and we will see more inexperienced players from lower leagues. We shall see.

I hope it all gets sorted too - January could be very good for the club, a few players in, a few returning from injury and booking a place in a Cup final would certainly go some way to bringing back the feel good factor.