January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Talkshite reckon Aubameyang will reject a move to Fiorentina to ensure a move to the Premier League. With Remy on the brink of joining toon, who else could there be to challenge us? Can't think of anyone else who has been linked.

Aubameyang is a very quick player who can play on the wing and upfront, like Gabby who can score.. Everton, Stoke, Sunderland, Liverpool, Us, Newcastle could all do with a player like Aubameyang. Southampton and QPR if they feel like investing again too. We aren't his only option

Thing about Bent at this point is for practically the last year he has been injured so at this point I doubt he would be that much of a loss.With him approaching 30 now is the time to sell.

Agree with Richard on players required

Tbh a few players I wouldnt mind us making a bid for are ...

Morten Gamst Pedersen and Martin olsson from blackburn, as the clubs sinking and both would probabally jump at the chance to go to villa, strengthening the left back and center of midfield with prem expierenced talent.

for a striker I'd personally like to see us a make a move for Billy Sharp, as he may not be the most pretty player but he's an old time gold scorer who I think given a decent crack could get a few in the prem, a chance which southampton never offered him ..

Sell Given and bring in Kasper Schmeichel to challenge Brad as both are coming of age as keepers and both look great prospects for the future number 1 spot whoever consistantly keeps the place.

and then lastly I'd like to see us challenge the big boys for Wilfred Zaha and Tom Ince, On the basis we could probabally offer them both more playing time to develop, and then 3/4 seasons down the line if it come's to it we sell them on as long as the manager can keep the fee's would give him a decent bit of money to improve the squad ..

Morten Gamst Pedersen can hardly get a game for Blackburn, under any manager, so why should we go for him? Has lost most of his ability, and his force was set-pieces and he cannot even deliver them any more. A very, very limited player who we should not even contemplate getting. Martin Olsson is OK, not great, but someone who could fit into our system. Not worse than any of our full-backs, but that is not a compliment to him either.

Sell Given? Almost impossible. Lots of great goalkeepers in the Premier League, almost every team has a great GK in their squad and Given would not get into any team as far as I can see. Maybe at West Ham instead of Jaaskelainen and maybe at Soton instead of Gazzaniga and at Reading for Federici. All the other teams have better and very established goalkeepers IMO, and his wages are so high that he would just sit on the bench at Villa with a smile. And I do not blame him at all, he is old and over the top, especially GK's have no problem with not playing.

Zaha and Ince? We have no chance of getting them, they will be targeted by the big boys and if they do we have no chance of getting them. Very few talents think about their own development at a small club as compared to not playing much for the top ones, they think they have made it instantly just by signing a contract. Also, as a talent I would much rather learn from Ryan Giggs, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard etc. and playing once in a while, compared to playing more alongside other young players like Bannan and Herd. Talents emerge when playing with established ones and pick up tricks from them, that process is lost when they play with other similar ones and that is something Lambert surely has forgotten!

We certainly don't need a striker. We have pace in Gabby, poaching and energy from Weimann, force and target-man in Benteke and certain goals with Darren Bent. In many ways a perfect strikeforce for a club our size and stature. Sure if we sell Darren Bent, and we would stupid to do so, perhaps we should dip into the market but who could replace him with something we don't already have? We have scored the LEAST and let in almost the MOST, but that is a problem because of our woeful midfield (worst in the league IMO) and not our strikers.

When you play Bannan, El Ahmadi and Holman almost every game your team is going to suffer badly.

We saw against Spurs that when he put Albrighton on we started to look a bit more dangerous with balls into the box. If we sign a quality winger and Lambert stops playing 3 at the back then we might be able to create more chances.

We need to do something about our attack.

There's no point having attacking intent if you can't create or score goals.

It's not so much the "attack" as the midfield in it's entirety. I don't think our defence is all that bad, it certainly has promise and I think even the most ardent anti-fan can accept we have goals in our strike force, at least comparative to our position.

We leak goals because we have absolutely no bite in midfield whatsoever. Westwood is an excellent little player, I really like him. But he is not and should not be employed as a defensive midfielder. When you have a relatively inexperienced defence as we do you need to have a bulldog protecting them and allowing players like Westwood and Bannan to spray the ball around as they see fit.

Also, if we're not going to utilise Ireland we need to replace him. Holman, for all his endeavour isn't good enough to play the role week in week out. He has all the finesse of a rubber mat.