January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

The only arguments ill pick on that list are shorey we sold for 1.5million to wba,vmaloney we sold back to Celtic for what we paid and guzan cost 600k from the mls (according to thetransferlist.com) Nd we swapped baros who cost us 6million for carew, so could effectivly write off another 6million there.

Other than the milner, young and downing deals the only players i recall us selling for cash are Craig gardner, ridgewell and Davies, to sha for a few million, Davis and Hughes to Fulham and cahill and knight to bolton plus nominal fee for peter whittingham to cardiff.

I still hope Randy was watching tonight and thinks 'Ya know, I oughta give that Lambert fella £40m at the end of the year'

Apparently Randy flew in today and was supposed to have been at the match. It would be nice if he is willing to give Lambert good cash in January because he trusts his judgement.

I still hope Randy was watching tonight and thinks 'Ya know, I oughta give that Lambert fella £40m at the end of the year'

I hope it's not the other way round and he thinks, "Ya know, this team played pretty well. I don't think I need to spend anything."

think if we go for a decent, quick wing-forward who is willing to track back, aka a better Agbonlahor, we will be looking a lot more decent. I think N'Zogbia could do us a shift in the CAM position now he's back, and we can wait till the summer, hope that Southampton get relegated and then buy Lallana. Very hypothetical transfer there though

If we can get another attacker as good as benteke it would be great!!

we may already have one at the club so for me it would be better if that is the case as it means more money for strengthening elsewhere
  • Like 2

Goalkeeper? As backup to Guzan or a new number 1? Just curious.

I personally feel PL won't tamper with the GK department in January.

He has not so long ago quoting that Given will not be leaving and I believe this will stay the case until the summer atleast.

I actually dont think we´ll be doing much in january, we have a big squad (numbers wise) IMO.

2 keepers

4 fullbacks

4 CB's (5 if you count Herd)

2 wingers (But we dont play wingers)

7 CM´s (Gardner injured) (8 if you count Herd)

5 Strikers

+ 4 players out on loan (Warnock, Hutton, Makoun, Delfouneso)

Maybe not quality in all the squad but although alot of players.