January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Would love Zaha and Ince here in January:

---------------------------Benteke---------------------------

Zaha-----------------------------------------------------Ince

Never going to happen though. Hopefully we can find players of similar quality abroad for much cheaper. I think Lambert will surprise us in January.

Yes please! :D

Problem is Zaha will probably go the Sinclair/Moses/Sturridge route and sign for Chelsea or City and sit on the bench just for the extra 30K a week. Sinclair is a complete idiot for going to City, maybe we could loan him for the rest of the season and convince him to sign in the summer.

---------------------------Benteke---------------------------

Never going to happen though. Hopefully we can find players of similar quality abroad for much cheaper. I think Lambert will surprise us in January.

Now that would be something of a front line.

-------------------Bent---------------------------------------

--------------------------------Benteke----------------------

Even better!

Stick Westwood and a defencive mid behind that front 4 and we would start moving back up the table IMO!

Dream on

Think they would rather join a big club raking in the £££ claiming how they want to win things but the closest they get to winning anything is by staring at the back of the person's head in front of them while they warm the bench

Dream on

Think they would rather join a big club raking in the £££ claiming how they want to win things but the closest they get to winning anything is by staring at the back of the person's head in front of them while they warm the bench

I'm sure people said the same about that Rodriguez fella, that ended up going to Blackburn, was it?

I think Lambert has made moves to set up a really good transfer network for Villa.

He's already shown his balance in the transfer market going both abroad and local to get the players he's after, so hopefully he'll be able to find the players that fit the bill. I'm happy with the cost and quality of every single one of his transfers.

We've already got some bargains, let's hope we can grab a few more top players for acceptable fees.

A player I'd love is Yacob from WBA, never going to happen, but hopefully we'll be in the mix in the future when players like that become available on a free.

A player I'd love is Yacob from WBA, never going to happen, but hopefully we'll be in the mix in the future when players like that become available on a free.

Yeah I'd agree with you there, looks a good player as does his partner in midfield Mulumbu I would love either/both of them to be here and I think they are the main strength of their side.

I also agree with you in regards Lambert and our transfer policy and scouting, I think we signed a fair few players he was targeting for Norwich this summer and I look forward to his future transfer business.

I'm not sure who you are referring to here, do you mean Jay Rodriguez who went to Southampton?

Nah, ermm I must be getting the name completely wrong. Basically a striker who was doing well in a lower league, I'm fairly sure he's British.

We need someone in the mould of a Diame / Dembele / Yaya Toure. Someone who can win the ball back when needed and/or rampage forward with good strength and purpose.

Anyone know a player like that in the lower leagues or abroad who would be within our guesstimated budget? I guess that's the million dollar question.

Back to transfer speculation.

1 Striker/Winger/Forward. Jozy Altidore? Aaron Hunt? (would love both of them)

I love the idea of Jozy Altidore as a player who can hold the ball up top and he has a great goal scoring record at AZ. He's also only 23. Haven't heard anything about it but would be great, American biases aside ^_^

We need someone in the mould of a Diame / Dembele / Yaya Toure. Someone who can win the ball back when needed and/or rampage forward with good strength and purpose.

Anyone know a player like that in the lower leagues or abroad who would be within our guesstimated budget? I guess that's the million dollar question.

Wanyama from Celtic is an option, but his price will have bumped up slightly after his Champs League performances.

Liam Trotter (Millwall). He has the size for it. Have only ever seen him on clips on youtube. We were linked with in the summer.

He isn't an option. He already turned us down.

When we were under McLeish and had just been selling our best players, year after year.

We are (slowly) starting to look to re-build now. And have a good manager in Lambert, unlike last year. Not to mention that we've brought in one of our best players, in Vlaar.

IMO

Just because he supposedly turned us down last year, doesn't mean he would if Lambert tried in Jan/ Summer.