Abdoulaye Ba (FC Porto)

GarethRDR

I remember youtube videos going round making Salifou look shit hot before we signed him.

Look what achievements he accomplished here.

You don't think we should give him at least 9 games before writing him off? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

No idea. Where's Mister_Master when you need him?

Here. Only saw one game, against Dinamo Kyiv, and he is ok. He has been playing mostly on the reserve team and scored a goal. He is good with is feet for someone that tall and is a good header too. He may be the substitute of Rolando that is on his way out of Porto.

• 1 month later...

I think he could be good for us but if he's set to come into the first team which of the three central defenders do we drop to play him? I mean Baker has been very good, Herd has been good and Clark has been good. Granted Herd will probably get benched when Vlaar returns as he's our utility guy he fills the gaps when they appear. I don't think Clark has played badly enough for Ba to replace him though, but a back three of Vlaar, Baker and Ba does look exceptional I must admit.

Sounds like the Senegalese Zat Knight :)

I've never heard of him let alone seen him play but if Lambert wants him then that is good enough for me.

He played in the Olympics, not sure if you watched any of the games but he was sent off for fouling Suarez.

if lambert and his team think he's good enough and they go for him then he's obviously got something about him

never been quite so relaxed going into a transfer window before. i know i'll probably not be familiar with most of the players linked, or even signed, but lambert has proven his chops at this stage

I think he could be good for us but if he's set to come into the first team which of the three central defenders do we drop to play him? I mean Baker has been very good, Herd has been good and Clark has been good. Granted Herd will probably get benched when Vlaar returns as he's our utility guy he fills the gaps when they appear. I don't think Clark has played badly enough for Ba to replace him though, but a back three of Vlaar, Baker and Ba does look exceptional I must admit.

Don't need to drop anyone immediately. If we continue playing three at the back we're going to need additional cover anyway. By purchasing him in January he gets an extra 6 months to blend in to the squad before the new season than if we would get him in the Summer and between now and then he can fill in for injuries/suspensions that are bound to add up, integrating him gradually.

It doesn't sound like he'll cost the world and obviously has a bit about him. Sounds like a good addition to the squad and as others have mentioned already PL and his scouting team have done a good job thus far. No reason not to trust them all further.

ive just watched that youtube video too

looks like he keeps things simple, tall and wins headers, clears the ball, stays the right side of a player, what more can you ask from a centre back?

clearly most of us havnt seen him play, some of us havnt even heard of him before, but i too am under the same believe as some of you that if its who PL wants, so be it, im sure PL will get the best out of him

i also agree that if we got him in january, cant see him being slotted in immediately, cover for vlaar maybe?

Â