Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

8 hours ago, useless said:

Koch loan is strange as he's out of contract with Leeds next summer, so doesn't make any sense for them to loan him out as will mean them losing him on a free next summer, but apparently he and a few of the other players have 'loan clauses' in their contracts which means upon relegation if another club offers to take those players on loan and the player accepts then Leeds have no choice but to accept.

What a stupid clause 

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

What a stupid clause 

Was possibly the only way they could get relegation wage drop clauses in and I guess Leeds were thinking it saves them high wages and an unhappy player if they do go down.

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Marc Roca going to Betis on loan now, that's four players that they probably paid the best part of £100m for, leaving on loan.

Was way too slow for premier league.

Leeds will be starting Adam Foreshaw in their first championship match sure enough. Can see Farke maybe getting someone like Kenny McClean who did a solid job for him at Norwich.

Going to be a Watford type season for them I reckon.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Technically they need to re-sign Forshaw as he's out of contract now and a free agent.

Interesting.

Just had a look at their squad and was astounded to see Helder Costa in there. Clicked thinking that's not the guy who played for Wolves is it and turns out it's the same one.

Seems they signed him in summer 2020 and then loaned him out to Valencia in 21-22 and then he went to play in Saudi last season.

Dan James is also back with them so he'd be useful in championship but I'm not really seeing this promotion in waiting squad a few others are, think it will be season of transition them giving more young players a chance who they've loaned out in recent times like Cody Drameh and Charlie Cresswell and then going big on promotion in 24-25 season.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Just had a look at their squad and was astounded to see Helder Costa in there. Clicked thinking that's not the guy who played for Wolves is it and turns out it's the same one.

Seems they signed him in summer 2020 and then loaned him out to Valencia in 21-22 and then he went to play in Saudi last season.

Should actually play him tbh, be a decent squad player in the Championship.

16 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Dan James is also back with them so he'd be useful in championship but I'm not really seeing this promotion in waiting squad a few others are

Yeah their squad is shite, dunno what people would be optimistic about. 

1 hour ago, BOF said:

As hilarious as it is that they can't get a sleeve sponsor that will pay them anything, i respect them for taking the option instead to help advertise a local business.

It pains me to say it, but I'd rather we had flamingoland than the shitty sponsors we've got.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Yeah. I mean it’s kinda equivalent to Villa’s shirt sleeve being sponsored by Drayton Manor.  

Drayton Manor is a lot bigger than Flamingo Land. 

That’s because we are fekkin’ massive.  

Seriously though, Flamingo Land is a park and zoo based in Yorkshire which is primarily looking to attract business from the large centres of population within an hour of its front door.  

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

I assume Luke Ayling is out of contract, somehow wormed his way into the Royal Box at Wimbledon yesterday!

Wonder will it be like his classy trip to the horse racing

• Haha 1

Leeds being sponsored by a two bit theme park seems fitting.

The last few seasons have been like a rollercoaster for them, albeit a slightly rubbish one that didn't really ever get upto any decent speeds or heights and ended in abrupt disappointment. 

Rasmus Kristensen has signed for Roma.. on loan, that's five players now, and rumours that others have the loan clause in their contract. When you add Rodrigo that's six players that they would have paid £100m plus for, but have only got £3m back to try and help with promoton push at first attempt.

They need to start strengthening, their squad looking quite weak, especially central midfield, he hasn't officially left yet but with Roca on the verge of Betis move, and Forshaw a free agent, Tyler Adams is the only senior midfielder in their squad, I guess they will probably re-sign Forshaw, but still weak in that area, I guess Dallas can play there too, but a team meant to be going for automatic promotion needs better options.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, useless said:

Rasmus Kristensen has signed for Roma.. on loan, that's five players now, and rumours that others have the loan clause in their contract. When you add Rodrigo that's six players that they would have paid £100m plus for, but have only got £3m back to try and help with promoton push at first attempt.

Truly an incredible clause to put into basically everyone's contract. Real 'geniuses at work' stuff. 

• Like 1

Â