Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

On 19/08/2023 at 00:04, KAZZAM said:

Don't think it's right that Leeds are refusing to let Gnoto leave. 

I mean kid might lose his national team spot if playing in the championship isn't deemed sufficient. 

Aslong as a fair offer is received you should just let them go. 

I’m with you on this one.  So long as the buying party think they make a fair offer, the transfer should go through.

I’d like to buy your house for £50,000.  I think it’s fair.  Please move out by next weekend.

Seriously?

If we got an offer of £50m for Dibu from Real, and he wanted to go… should we just allow him to go because someone else thought it’s a fair price?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Thug said:

I’m with you on this one.  So long as the buying party think they make a fair offer, the transfer should go through.

I’d like to buy your house for £50,000.  I think it’s fair.  Please move out by next weekend.

Seriously?

If we got an offer of £50m for Dibu from Real, and he wanted to go… should we just allow him to go because someone else thought it’s a fair price?

No, the point is they got relegated to a lower league so should be reasonable about letting players go. 

However u can make up some bullshit scenario while totally missing the point if you like. 

46 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

No, the point is they got relegated to a lower league so should be reasonable about letting players go. 

However u can make up some bullshit scenario while totally missing the point if you like. 

Mm he was on the team that got relegated. Really should not let him go because a top team came in for him

Would you have agreed similar if Everton bid a lowball offer for Grealish in 2016

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Mm he was on the team that got relegated. Really should not let him go because a top team came in for him

Would you have agreed similar if Everton bid a lowball offer for Grealish in 2016

Let's use Thugs example but apply what I actually said. 

Yes if we got relegated and Someone offered £50 mill for Dibu I would say that's fair he shouldn't be scraping in the championship or be forced to play substandard football. Even £40 mill would be fair. 

I wouldn't hold players hostage like Leeds have. 

59 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

He joined them after they had finished 17th the season before and there was a huge threat of them being relegated the season he joined. If he was worried about playing in the Championship, he should have (a) signed a 1-year deal, (b) signed only with a relegation release clause, or (c) not signed for them at all in the first place. There is no obligation for the current club to sell just because a 19 year old doesn't want to play in that league.

• Like 2

A lot of these reports of players refusing to train recently are exaggerated, Nunes at Wolves for example when it was reported he was refusing to train with them it was Tuesday the day before had been a Bank Holiday and before that the weekend, on the Friday he'd been in training, also the wording they use 'going on strike' or 'refusing to train', makes it sounds so much worse than it probably is, again in Nunes case probably just asked not to train because he was potentially on th verge of a big money move to Man City, so why would he risk injury and millions of poounds, and his sale by the way was a move that Wolves wanted and needed to happen.

In Gnonto's example I don't really blame the player for wanting to leave was their best player last season other than Adams and then was inexplicably dropped towards the end of the season and this summer they priced him out of a move, not because teams were offering derisory amounts - I think Everton bid £25m, but because Leeds had lost so many player to loans that they otherwise should have been able to get decent money for, that to make up for that they were asking for more money for Gnonto who didn't have the loan clause.

Gnonto hasn't got his move, but I'm sure will give his all for Leeds now he knows that departing isn't a possibility until January, and will probably be one of the best players in the Championship.

Another thing worthy of consideration in all this, is Gnonto's very young age, still only nineteen

2 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Yes if we got relegated and Someone offered £50 mill for Dibu I would say that's fair he shouldn't be scraping in the championship or be forced to play substandard football. Even £40 mill would be fair. 

"held" "hostage"

[asked to perform his contracted duties, for which he is paid more than the UK average wage every single week]

1 hour ago, useless said:

A lot of these reports of players refusing to train recently are exaggerated, Nunes at Wolves for example when it was reported he was refusing to train with them it was Tuesday the day before had been a Bank Holiday and before that the weekend, on the Friday he'd been in training, also the wording they use 'going on strike' or 'refusing to train', makes it sounds so much worse than it probably is, again in Nunes case probably just asked not to train because he was potentially on th verge of a big money move to Man City, so why would he risk injury and millions of poounds, and his sale by the way was a move that Wolves wanted and needed to happen.

In Gnonto's example I don't really blame the player for wanting to leave was their best player last season other than Adams and then was inexplicably dropped towards the end of the season and this summer they priced him out of a move, not because teams were offering derisory amounts - I think Everton bid £25m, but because Leeds had lost so many player to loans that they otherwise should have been able to get decent money for, that to make up for that they were asking for more money for Gnonto who didn't have the loan clause.

Gnonto hasn't got his move, but I'm sure will give his all for Leeds now he knows that departing isn't a possibility until January, and will probably be one of the best players in the Championship.

Another thing worthy of consideration in all this, is Gnonto's very young age, still only nineteen

He refused to play in the 2nd game of the season. Leeds have already disciplined him for it

"Hold players hostage". Sweet jesus. 

The guy committed to Leeds for X number of years. He now wants to break that commitment. Leeds committed to paying him for X number of years. Are you okay with Leeds breaking their commitment?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

He has a contract.

if he had no intention of playing in the championship he should have requested a relegation release clause - but that may have affected his contract in other ways.

What bulllshit scenario? Those scenarios are EXACTLY what you’re suggesting.  Someone to sell something they don’t need to, for a price dictated by someone else.

which part of this are you not grasping?

5 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

i’m guessing you don’t hold a position of authority in your day job?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thug said:

He has a contract.

if he had no intention of playing in the championship he should have requested a relegation release clause - but that may have affected his contract in other ways.

What bulllshit scenario? Those scenarios are EXACTLY what you’re suggesting.  Someone to sell something they don’t need to, for a price dictated by someone else.

which part of this are you not grasping?

You seemed to totally disregard the main point of Leeds being relegated in the 'Dibu example' by just saying would you just accept xxx ammount from xx team and tried making a joke of it. 

I mean you made a joke of an example which has nothing to do with the actual point????  Hilarious. 

'which part of this are you not grasping?'

Oh the ending sentence irony hohoho. 

Also just to add I only offered my opinion on this whole Gnoto saga.

I don't expect from fellow Villa fans to be attacked and also try belittle me personally by saying 'I mustn't have any authority in real life'. I also regret being dragged down to such low of posting above. 

I won't post again on the subject or reply. 

I don't expect from fellow Villa fans to be attacked and also try belittle me personally by saying 'I mustn't have any authority in real life'. I also regret being dragged down to such low of posting above. 

Ok I’m sorry.

And what I meant was you’re obviously way too nice to be a manager.

You can’t let emotions govern business decisions, or you wouldn’t last very long.

Edited by Thug

8 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

You have taken this discussion incredibly seriously.

On 02/09/2023 at 09:11, KAZZAM said:

Asking someone to honour their contract and holding someone hostage are not the same thing.

• Like 1

Â