Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

The Leeds board must have concluded that if they made no chance they will get relegated. This may not work but if they stay up 500 grand is chicken feed.

yep, think they will be looking to get 6 points against hammers and spurs, even if they have to shithouse a win or score from set pieces they will take it. They are lucky that the bottom end have been so dire this year, they escaped on the final day last year and will hope big sam can do the same this year i suppose. i don't envy anyone in the ground watching moyes and big sam go at it tho, turgid stuff

54 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

yep, think they will be looking to get 6 points against hammers and spurs, even if they have to shithouse a win or score from set pieces they will take it. They are lucky that the bottom end have been so dire this year, they escaped on the final day last year and will hope big sam can do the same this year i suppose. i don't envy anyone in the ground watching moyes and big sam go at it tho, turgid stuff

I think you can make that argument about all those at the bottom. You look at Bournemouth who were deep in the mire and a couple of wins on the bounce they're safe. It really wouldn't take much from any of these teams to get them out of this but they're all so shit that they can't string a couple of results together. 

They must have figured that the Bamford miss was one of those defining morale destroying moments that there's no coming back from. 

A new manager resets the vibe.

The logic of sacking the manager makes sense, assuming they didn't see a long term future with him. And if they didn't it begs the question why they hired Gracia in the first place. 

But choosing Sam Allardyce to deliver the turn around is questionable. When he was good at saving teams from the drop, the league was a very different place. He'll struggle to get the results Leeds are hoping for/expecting (wins vs spurs and West ham), and I can see it being a failure that is only saved by the fact other teams will be worse (i'm looking at you Everton and Forest).

33 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

reporter - "what are the strengths of these players?"

Allardyce - "i dont really know to be honest - i will find out at the end of today after a training session".

this isnt a joke, he actually said this.

I burst out laughing at the reporter who said something like"did you ever imagine you'd have the chance with a big premier League club"

Please let this end in a massive disaster for everyone's sake. Sorry Leeds, but if you appoint Allardyce in 2023 you just have to concede your PL spot for the love of the game.

From Biesla and thinking they were some special premier league team no one had ever seen before, to Big Sam to try and survive. 

I bloody love it. Shame their cocky fans don't still post on here. 

• Like 3

The disrespect on here. Bilic knew how it is.

The players will respect him. He’s a big man. He’s Big Sam. You see him on the television, he fills the screen. You are looking for the board with the sponsors names behind. Where have they gone? You can’t see them.

• Haha 3

I know the appointment smacks of desperation, but I have to say with the ageism that's beloved so much on this forum;  How's the other "old dinosaur" doing at Crystal Palace?  A big change from the fetal Vieraball  😆

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I know the appointment smacks of desperation, but I have to say with the ageism that's beloved so much on this forum;  How's the other "old dinosaur" doing at Crystal Palace?  A big change from the fetal Vieraball  😆

Nothing to do with ageism at all

Gerrard was labelled a dinosaur

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

From Biesla and thinking they were some special premier league team no one had ever seen before, to Big Sam to try and survive. 

I bloody love it. Shame their cocky fans don't still post on here. 

it's ambrosia

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The disrespect on here. Bilic knew how it is.

The players will respect him. He’s a big man. He’s Big Sam. You see him on the television, he fills the screen. You are looking for the board with the sponsors names behind. Where have they gone? You can’t see them.

Plus he can drink a pint of wine with ease. 

• Like 1

Â