Media and punditry

BOF

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

What was his conclusion?

I don't think what Ornstein said is so bad. He speculates whether larger clubs could come in for Unai, because he may become a "victim of his own success". But then says that the club are calm and confident about him staying and he'll succeed with us.

Here's the clip:

7 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Superb summary of what’s going on. Thanks for writing it so well. There’s an essay for someone to write in this whole fiasco.

Reminds me of this:

Such a relevant clip- thanks for sharing. Even if VAR has removed the point about them only taking decisions in 5 seconds, it’s done nothing to remove the pressure that they face or the risk that if something goes wrong their names will be trashed in the media - arguably it’s made that worse 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a-k said:

Print all the negativity and snide remarks and hang them in the dressing room for motivation

That's it, no-one is taking us as serious title contenders or even top 4. Think if manure or Chelshit come calling Unai will be off... 

Just puts less pressure on the squad and all the snide comments from these 'pundits' just make great motivation! 

We have never been media darlings to be honest. 

8 hours ago, Ghost said:

I don't think what Ornstein said is so bad. He speculates whether larger clubs could come in for Unai, because he may become a "victim of his own success". But then says that the club are calm and confident about him staying and he'll succeed with us.

Here's the clip:

Thanks (no more reactions!). Yeah, that seems completely reasonable, not worth getting upset about at all. He could have mentioned the deal with Emery's Spanish club, though perhaps that's a bit 'in the weeds' for this audience. Otherwise, it seems a completely reasonable survey of what's happened so far and what one of the potential risks is. 

Ahh I get it now,  Man City are one of the best teams in rhe world and play fantastic football when Luton loae 2-1. But when we beat them 1-0 and play them off the park, there is a serious problem with City and the media say they are as good as falling apart this season. 

Although all about Spurs today. 

Edited by foreveryoung

4 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Garth Crooks using his team of the week to attack Villa I see. Including only one player from a team that beat the top 2 over said week, and using that paragraph to make a snide remark belittling us. Nice.

Jesus what a bellend :D 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Garth Crooks using his team of the week to attack Villa I see. Including only one player from a team that beat the top 2 over said week, and using that paragraph to make a snide remark belittling us. Nice.

The fact neither of the CBs got in there despite keeping two clean sheets against arguably 2 of the best teams in the league is criminal 

• Like 2

Neville and Carragher taking off as pundits was what I think the watershed was for pundits attempting to at least sound impartial even if we knew they weren't.

Makes me laugh reading the continued "debate" around Joey Barton's mental collapse, about meritocracy and needing the best people for the job, because pundits are some important for educating the audience. Neville, Carragher, Shearer, Dublin, Wright. Who feels like they're getting valuable insight and new and useful information from these stupid words removed?

It's celebrity fanzone, I'd rather watch it with the sound muted, and frequently do.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Ahh I get it now,  Man City are one of the best teams in rhe world and play fantastic football when Luton loae 2-1. But when we beat them 1-0 and play them off the park, there is a serious problem with City and the media say they are as good as falling apart this season. 

Although all about Spurs today. 

This is absolute garbage :D 

After the Man City game, we had an insane amount of praise. Barely anything about Man City having serious problems!

• Confused 1

There’s a lot of everything these days to argue it either way.

What Villa did right coverage.

What City did wrong coverage.

There’s plenty to suit all requirements. You can find it out accordingly.

Personally, if there was a “Yeah but Rodri is missing” angle, I would want it acknowledged by the same outlet that Nunes and Phillips are both there available to them. £100m sat on the bench, make use of them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Jesus what a bellend :D 

Based on this clowns usual standard, this meansa we can book the open top bus and ask for permission to close off Birmingham City Centre now.

Would we be allowed to celebrate in town though??? 🤔  Better book out Stratford, Worcester and Stafford centres instead... 

Â