Media and punditry

BOF

35 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He hasn't covered a single other Getafe transfer all season. He's tweeted about this one multiple times, including this unrelated welcome video and it's only because he's generating buzz due to his case.

His Saudi stuff shows he is on the take, plus him saying he went for Ronaldo opening game

Not sure he has ever tweeted about an actual game

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, LxYoungAVFC said:

Just watched MOTD and they couldn't give less of a shit about our game. All 3 hosts seemed pissed off. Didn't discuss any tactics, just moved on to the next match as fast as possible.

Indeed, and thought our penalty was dodgy.

No idea why I bother watching these clowns 🤡 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

Stopped watching after our game, but I guarantee they'll spend a good while tossing themselves silly over the Liverpool win.

Same here, it’s why we should be on first every week. Only when we win or draw of course, I never watch it if we lose.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Just watched MOTD and they couldn't give less of a shit about our game. All 3 hosts seemed pissed off. Didn't discuss any tactics, just moved on to the next match as fast as possible.

BBC report said an incredible Spurs comeback

Ours wasnt even mentionable

What do people expect, we sacked off their best mate, not that we had favourable reviews of our games beforehand. But I stopped watching this Garbage years ago. Play London club it's biased. Play a scum 6 club its biased.... do your self a favor and just get villaTV and watch full game, with unbiased commentary! 

It's embarrassing listening to Sky/BBC when we play Liverpool, they practically comment like they are in pre cum mode and once they score its ejaculated! 

• Like 3

There is a reason why the muted MOTD from last season was prob one of the best MOTD experience.

Once you see Danny Murphy is in there is no point having it on volume. I don't think he hate us or still sulking becos his mate didn't make it here, he is just a bit thick. Commentator was poor too on our game, and may be my shit memory strikes again but they didn't even show the Watkins shot that hit the crossbar for the second half?

1 hour ago, calcifer said:

What do people expect, we sacked off their best mate, not that we had favourable reviews of our games beforehand. But I stopped watching this Garbage years ago. Play London club it's biased. Play a scum 6 club its biased.... do your self a favor and just get villaTV and watch full game, with unbiased commentary! 

It's embarrassing listening to Sky/BBC when we play Liverpool, they practically comment like they are in pre cum mode and once they score its ejaculated! 

Unbiased commentary on VillaTV? Okay.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chrisvilla4 said:

I agree the MOTD post match analysis was non existent. Not much choice if you want to watch extended highlights though. 

YouTube

There's a fair few options, sky will show 3/4 mins, plenty of foreign channels will go to around 8-10 mins, ropey badly edited ones will show more

• Like 1

Who was the commentator on our game yesterday? very biased in favour or Palace and couldn’t understand why Cash had reverted to RB and Konsa at CB always nit picking at our build up and team selection I bet if Guardiola played Haaland at CB they’d call him a genius.

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Unbiased commentary on VillaTV? Okay.

From a villa point of view! It beats listening to a bunch of rocket polishers stroking one off as *insert pretty much any team playing Villa*  mount an attack.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm surprised Sky don't have their own equivalent of Match of the Day.  Goals on Sunday used to be quite good but they seem to have just turned that into a regular hour of Sky Sports News which is about as insightful as a dead wasp.

Goals on Sunday was my favourite as it was laid back, didn't try and treat you stupid and analyse it for dummies, more a casual chat anchored by kammy who's obviously got a personality but I like him and never found him overbearing, was a good format

They should try it with Peter Crouch or Ian wright but unfortunately I think they both show podcasts are better for that type of show

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Goals on Sunday was my favourite as it was laid back, didn't try and treat you stupid and analyse it for dummies, more a casual chat anchored by kammy who's obviously got a personality but I like him and never found him overbearing, was a good format

They should try it with Peter Crouch or Ian wright but unfortunately I think they both show podcasts are better for that type of show

Don't think we will ever cap Andy Townsends tactics truck 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

YouTube

There's a fair few options, sky will show 3/4 mins, plenty of foreign channels will go to around 8-10 mins, ropey badly edited ones will show more

Absolutely. 

Have no idea why people watch MOTD. Think Des Lynam was presenting last time I consciously tuned in. 

3 min highlights are available on Youtube within 30 mins of the game ending. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Andy Gray's Boot Room was good as well.

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

YouTube

Yeah, I watch on YouTube but like a longer highlight reel and some analysis hence MOTD. I realise the irony of this post!

Â