Media and punditry

BOF

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Whats unai ever done to rio?

Remember rio your just a lame pundit you could never make it as a manager so just shut up

They are starting to notice us, and that worries them. He knows next season we could well be a lot closer to them without the handicap of starting the season with Gerrard at the helm. Rio almost went full Keegan there with that quote. 🤣

4 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

The full context is the same as what’s in the article, Rio still comes across like a clearing in the woods. 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

The clip makes it worse. What a horrible man. 

He’s a punk, he used to go to my secondary school although he had already left by the time I started year 7. One of the days he was as supposed to come in to give us some sort of motivational speech. Anyways he came in and disregarded this kid who had a Rio shirt at the time and was his fav player. From then even I had a bad feeling about him and growing up I get proven correct majority of the time with him.

So what we’ve learned is as well as being an unfaithful partner and a dismal pundit, Rio Ferdinand also doesn’t understand how people use context to clarify the situation.

Idiot.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

So what we’ve learned is as well as being an unfaithful partner and a dismal pundit, Rio Ferdinand also doesn’t understand how people use context to clarify the situation.

Idiot.

Was he really cheating while his wife was dying? A few comments mentioning that. Horrendous if true. 

6 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Was he really cheating while his wife was dying? A few comments mentioning that. Horrendous if true. 

I deliberately didn’t say that as I don’t know for sure. I’m aware of that claim.

I just know of the confirmed dalliances away from home.

3 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I deliberately didn’t say that as I don’t know for sure. I’m aware of that claim.

I just know of the confirmed dalliances away from home.

Yeah, I think you have to be certain before mentioning that. The cheating is bad enough but during that period, well it paints a whole different picture imo. Either way he's a nob

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChesterDad said:

Agreed, along with Gobby he is one of the most obnoxious ex players in the media

I know, first hand, that to be true.....a visit to a high St store,  with Ashley Cole, ( in his playing days) suggested this to be true, arrogant so and so.

Edited by TRO

Not taken Rio seriously ever since he used to post those painfully cringe Instagram videos of him singing/attempting to rap in his car.

He's still just as cringe nowadays. Ignore the tool.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Did he even say this though ? Seems like a clickbait headline as the quotes in the article are different.

You already know lol... and guaranteed, even if he did say it, it was purely in jest/banter and probably in different context.

People are too uptight about everything ffs 

How much shite do we talk about opposition players, managers and the like on here?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You already know lol... and guaranteed, even if he did say it, it was purely in jest/banter and probably in different context.

How much shite do we talk about opposition players, managers and the like on here?

Yeh I don’t really care what Rio has to say. Hopefully it comes back to make him look a fool again like the whole Ole - give him a contract right now!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

People in the public eye who volunteer their opinions are held to a different standard. It’s as simple as that. There’s a sort of expectation of professional courtesy by those in the game, although in different spheres of the game, with wildly different abilities in their chosen field.

It was a dopey comment from a dopey pundit.

Â