Ashley Westwood

Nabby

30 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Found this from March this year. Haven't seen stats from this season but can't imagine they've changed. 

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/find-out-how-far-gabby-11075810

I mean, there's enough to criticise him for without totally fabricating things. the ability often isn't there but lack of effort, while he's been a Villa player, definitely isn't something you can criticise Westwood for.

We don't let facts get in the way of a good story round here though.

Westwood is the antichrist and represents everything wrong with Aston Villa, apparently.

Our demise has nothing to do with a string of poor managerial appointments, a god awful transfer strategy and a complete lack of effort from a group of players to which Westwood doesn't actually belong to but people wish he did.

• Like 4

I think people view him as lazy because he's never really in the game doing anything. If you go to Villa Park, and watch Westwood, and purely Westwood for about 5-10 minutes, you'll see a player running all over the pitch, but doing nothing. Whether we have the ball or they have the ball, he just seems to kinda always be on the fringes of everything that's happening around him. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Villaninireland said:

ust because he covers loads of ground being "hardworking" does not make him a good player . 

Well this is a bit of a strawman considering I quoted somebody criticising Westwood for a lack of effort when it clearly isn't true. In that post, I even said 'often the ability isn't there'.

Please try to read what's actually been written.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I don't see why 89 and 129 is a huge difference, they're still both a lot of games. What's the cutoff point of games before a player gets booed? :lol: Or why Clark being sold makes a huge difference, I feel like you're just nitpicking at this point. Your overall point is that he had unique circumstances which were being consistently shit over a number of years. It's really not that unique unless you nitpick to very fine details as we've been spoiled for choice of players who fit the bill. Not least Cissokho who's been here 3 seasons, and just conceded 2 penalties in 2 games. I guarantee you he won't be booed any time soon, even if he stays another 10 seasons. It goes deeper than simply him being shit for a long time.

I'll stick with my original opinion. 

Way over the top. You care far too much about such an average player. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I'll stick with my original opinion. 

Way over the top. You care far too much about such an average player. 

Didn't see that one coming. Maybe you'll come up with a better excuse for shitty behaviour another time.

Just now, Keyblade said:

Didn't see that one coming. Maybe you'll come up with a better excuse for shitty behaviour another time.

I've not excused booing him. It's wrong and it's not helpful. I've just said I can understand why frustrations with westwood have reached this point. 

He's shit, he's been shit for too long and the arrogance shown when defending him in the past was laughable. 

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

"You care about a Villa player" only on www.villatalk.com  :crylaugh: 

Hmmmm not sure I said that. 

Why aren't you passionately defending every villa player at every bit of criticism that comes their way?

This post just completely supports what I said. You care way too much about such an average player. 

Edited by DCJonah

Why aren't you passionately defending every villa player at every bit of criticism that comes their way?

This post just completely supports what I said. You care way too much about such an average player. 

Because not every player tries as hard/brings no negative attention to the club/yet is constantly called "shit".

And back round in circles we go.

Edited by bobzy

Just now, bobzy said:

Because not every player tries as hard/brings no negative attention to the club/yet is constantly called "shit".

And not every player has been consistently poor while starting over 120 games and being a key part of our downfall. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

And not every player has been consistently poor while starting over 120 games and being a key part of our downfall. 

One would suggest there is only one player that fits your bill of playing over 100 games for Aston Villa during which period we got relegated from the Premier League.

But, hey, it's not like this is an agenda now or anything.

"You care so much", how old are you dude? No other player has seen such ridiculous levels of vitriol. I have no special love for Westwood, despite the wishful thinking in your weird playground taunt. 

If it was Keiran Richardson, by far the worst player I have ever seen on a PL pitch...I would defend him just the same because he's a Villa player. But he didn't, and here we are. No Villa player deserves to be booed and have broken legs wished on him, period. 

11 minutes ago, bobzy said:

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Perhaps refer to the site guidelines in that situation then...

And please agree to disagree, rather than prolonging debate or argument of the same points.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

"You care way too much about such an average player"

...says the person who is commenting almost as much as the person you're leveling that accusation at.

As if caring about a Villa player is something to be ashamed of.

No comment on the people who care so much they act like a scorned ex who got cheated on though of course. 

21 minutes ago, bobzy said:

One would suggest there is only one player that fits your bill of playing over 100 games for Aston Villa during which period we got relegated from the Premier League.

But, hey, it's not like this is an agenda now or anything.

Now you're getting it. Like I said, it's a unique situation as to why a small minority of fans have reached this point with this particular player. 

22 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

"You care so much", how old are you dude? No other player has seen such ridiculous levels of vitriol. I have no special love for Westwood, despite the wishful thinking in your weird playground taunt. 

If it was Keiran Richardson, by far the worst player I have ever seen on a PL pitch...I would defend him just the same because he's a Villa player. But he didn't, and here we are. No Villa player deserves to be booed and have broken legs wished on him, period. 

How old am I? And you'll defend someone just because they are a villa player. I used to think like that when I was 10. I'll support the players who wear the shirt but blindly defend them because they're a villa player? Nope, I've grown out of that one.