Ashley Westwood

Nabby

16 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I suddenly thought of how many morons may have been sat around them and it made me cringe to think that it could so easily get back to Bacuna. Now I'm not too concerned about Bacuna specifically but I'd hate players to start considering our fan base to be full of some of the servile scum that unfortunately frequent our hallowed ground.

I imagine that's how the majority of footballers look at their own fans.

I don't think he should be booed and it clearly doesn't help. But I can see why Westwood is getting stick at this point. It's not right and it shouldn't happen but with the situation the clubs been in and dropped to I'm not surprised someone like Westwood is getting stick. 

34 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I think the question mark at the end gave it away. :P

Well yes I suppose but I wouldn't have thought it was difficult to identify ways in which booing could have an effect on a managers performance.

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

Well yes I suppose but I wouldn't have thought it was difficult to identify ways in which booing could have an effect on a managers performance.

Let me have them, then :D

Managers simply don't have the same effect on a game as the players do.  The can tweak tactics and change the personnel but they cannot control a ball or score a goal etc. etc.  Thus, to me anyway, having chants against the manager (which are poor form, still) just don't have the same impact as booing a player.

I wouldnt boo him.

I've said many times that he is the worst player to ever play for this club, he is absolutely useless and should have been released about 3 years ago. His very presence in the first team makes me seethe even to this day.

But I wouldnt boo him.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I wouldnt boo him.

I've said many times that he is the worst player to ever play for this club, he is absolutely useless and should have been released about 3 years ago. His very presence in the first team makes me seethe even to this day.

But I wouldnt boo him.  

Even without audible booing I bet Westwood can feel this level of quite rage in his soul when he plays...

7 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Not at all. Players like Ayew annoy me more because he's so inconsistent or Bacuna with his unfounded arrogance. That's worse. Westwood doesnt appear to be an arsehole or anything. He's just shit.

He's not an arsehole, just the stuff that comes out of one :crylaugh:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mjvilla said:

Out of all the players that will leave us in the next few months/have left us previously, I really really want Westwood to go on and prove some people wrong! The sick crap, the booing, the horrible shit thrown at him then I hope he shoves it back down some people's throats!

Unfortunately for us there is every chance that will happen.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

If Westwood played on Sunday it would make or break him I think.

A local derby is not the game to be putting a player low on confidence into IMO 

I think this makes sense.  I don't like entering the 'he's misunderstood' / 'no he's shit' type discussions, but I think the confidence thing is definitely a factor.  You don't put a nervy player on the pitch.  That goes for the likes of Westwood going through a tough patch or a youngster unused to games of this pressure-cooker nature.  What we'll see on Sunday from Bruce will be the strongest side we have - both mentally and skillwise.  I don't think Westwood gets near that on current form.