Ashley Westwood

Nabby

I don't remember the game, it was years ago and a bit hazy now, but I remember him putting an incisive through ball from midfield to Gabby which resulted in a goal. Like I say my memory is not what it used to be*

That about sums him up for me.

*but I do remember a Kevin Richardson goal against Swindon over 20 years ago. Strange hey.

12 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I don't remember the game, it was years ago and a bit hazy now, but I remember him putting an incisive through ball from midfield to Gabby which resulted in a goal. Like I say my memory is not what it used to be*

That about sums him up for me.

*but I do remember a Kevin Richardson goal against Swindon over 20 years ago. Strange hey.

Norwich was the game.

It was a class pass. The gif has been used over n over again in this thread in response to people claiming he doesn't create anything.

It really was, pretty much, a one off.

2 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Norwich was the game.

It was a class pass. The gif has been used over n over again in this thread in response to people claiming he doesn't create anything.

It really was, pretty much, a one off.

Cheers pal. It was a right side footed ball through iirc. I'm struggling to think of many more impact moments from him though.

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

Cheers pal. It was a right side footed ball through iirc. I'm struggling to think of many more impact moments from him though.

Yeah it looped round perfect for gabby. 

There was another where he passed to bent when both were pretty much clean through at villa park. Think it was bent? It received some OTT praise imo. About as easy a pass as your likely to find.

1 minute ago, penguin said:

What ever happened to Con? There are a distinct lack of heat maps in this thread, part of me as never been able to shake the belief he was actually Barry Bannan, or a close relative.

Yeah, would not surprise me if his thread at the Wednesday forum is littered with heat maps, lucky b******s.

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

Barry bannan played the best pass I've ever seen a villa player play.

To Albrighton away at Fulham.

his pass to Downing at Villa park vs Man Utd wasnt half bad either 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

Don't remember that one tbh 

oh we didnt score from it was just a defence splitting pass that took Brown and Vidic I think out of the game. Just remember it as was I think his 1st start and was really impressed

• Like 1

On 4/12/2016 at 10:47, TRO said:

And your point is?

.......he has one good attribute?

No. It's not a particularly good attribute unless you do anything when you get there. I could work hard on the pitch for Villa but I wouldn't be any good.

I was merely countering the argument that he doesn't work hard. I've already said that that doesn't even nearly make up for the terrible season he's had.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

The one thing I can say good about Westwood is that he seems to genuinely care and enjoy being here, although rightly so, he got a move to one of the biggest clubs in England after all. Maybe after some of the bad eggs are taken out he'll hit a bit of form in the Championship, however I don't think he is a Premier League player.

On 12/04/2016 at 22:57, Woodytom said:

Barry bannan played the best pass I've ever seen a villa player play.

To Albrighton away at Fulham.

You clearly never saw that beautiful five yard pass against Liverpool that was replayed endlessly by Con.

It was beautiful.

• Like 1