Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Westwood is a dreadful player. He was crap last season too, god knows why some people rate him?

Wasn't in the slightest 'crap' last season, but this season its been hard to defend him. One of my favourite players at the club, but he just hasn't been good enough so far to be considered a starter; still better than KEA.

Edited by Avflife

Surely a passing midfielder needs players to pass to in order to perform his role.

If teammates aren't showing or calling for the ball it's going to make him look poor. Not saying he's ripping up trees, as the whole team has been shite, but the players around him aren't helping his game at all.

Westwood was very good for us last season some fans are pretty quick to jump on a player when he is having a hard time

he was bloody awful last season too. He is miles from being anywhere near good enough for this league which is why he was languishing in league 1 at 23 years old

Westwood was very good for us last season some fans are pretty quick to jump on a player when he is having a hard time

he was bloody awful last season too. He is miles from being anywhere near good enough for this league which is why he was languishing in league 1 at 23 years old

Yep, I'm afraid I don't get the love for him last season at all.  He was mediocre at best, apart from one or two games.  He's been shite this year.

Not a crap player, just playing in a crap team. Watching the Swansea game I couldn't help but think he would fit in there easily and he bring's much more to the table than KEA.

Like other's have said there is absolutely no movement around him.

Like Leon Britton, playing in a team like Swansea allows him to get away with being a passenger off the ball. We will never be capable of such absolute possession football under Lambert though, so it is pointless keeping him.

Westwood is a dreadful player. He was crap last season too, god knows why some people rate him?

Wasn't in the slightest 'crap' last season, but this season its been hard to defend him. One of my favourite players at the club, but he just hasn't been good enough so far to be considered a starter; still better than KEA.

Better than KEA is not exactly a compliment!

Better than KEA is not exactly a compliment!

Haha

Maybe we should try he him higher up the pitch to try and get balls out wide faster and thru to benteke

If he can't do his self-stated job of protecting the defence, then he shouldn't play. It's as simple as that.

Maybe we should try he him higher up the pitch to try and get balls out wide faster and thru to benteke

he cant pass to anybody unless they are within 4/5 yards!

Nobody is ever in space further than 4/5 yards. Which is a bigger problem than Westwood.

Edited by PieFacE

he cant pass to anybody unless they are within 4/5 yards!

Nobody is ever in space further than 4/5 yards. Which is a bigger problem than Westwood.

The team has a serious problem of passing & moving. Then when a player finally does move and find space they don't receive the pass as we're always 2 touches to slow or players lack vision