Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Personally thought he played ok bar maybe one bad touch and a silly booking but I actually enjoyed seeing him get stuck in and his passing was fine.

Agreed. I was alarmed at first at his couple of cynical-looking fouls, but on review they just looked like late tackles, probably not unexpected for a guy who's missed a couple of matches and still not 100% fit. I don't think it's any coincidence that our possession stats were much higher with him in the team.

• 2 weeks later...

Where are all those people who kept arguing that we missed his composure in midfield and that he makes us tick? His role in the team was so overrated that it is untrue.  

Where are all those people who kept arguing that we missed his composure in midfield and that he makes us tick? His role in the team was so overrated that it is untrue.

I think you're still too harsh on him but there's no excusing his passenger status today.

At fault for the second goal and didn't start dictating until too late in the game

Where were you when he was playing well?? hiding wating for negatives to moan about probably

I've defended him previously but he was really poor today, had Bannan served up that performance I'd have been all over him. Not good enough today, not anywhere near good enough.

Agreed. Distinctly average performance and not for the first time this season.

Where were you when he was playing well?? hiding wating for negatives to moan about probably

Didn't comment on this forum when that was happening. Although I have always thought he is poor off the ball.