Ashley Westwood

Nabby

Crewe is an impressive club. What an academy.

no matter who they are £6 million seems like an over-payment like £750k is an under-payment.

£6 Million is not an overpayment for Powell he will be massive in the Prem in yrs to come

For Manchester Utd or another team? It's still an open question whether Man Utd will get that £6m back. At least Lukuka had played two seasons for Anderlect - a top division side - before Chelsea paid £20m for him. 

Crewe is an impressive club. What an academy.

no matter who they are £6 million seems like an over-payment like £750k is an under-payment.

£6 Million is not an overpayment for Powell he will be massive in the Prem in yrs to come

We payed a similar amount for Delph.

The players have to fulfil a certain amount of potential. If they don't, then it could be money wasted. He could be a Premier League great in the future, but nothing's certain.

Have to add to the sentiments already put forward, playing against his former club may have given him a slight motivation but he looked brilliant tonight, very commanding and a fantastic range of passing.

Very good player with a good forward pass in him. He if he chips in with more goals he'll be the next Cowans.

He is a good player and i really like him but that's a MASSIVE statement you've just made.

I like Westy but I think he has the lowest ceiling out of all our midfielders. Will always be steady and consistent, but never brilliant.

I think LITERALLY the complete opposite of this.

• Like 2

I like Westy but I think he has the lowest ceiling out of all our midfielders. Will always be steady and consistent, but never brilliant.

That more or less describes him last season (although his pass to Gabby v Norwich was an example of brilliance), but I think it's too early to say what the limit of his potential is.

I think LITERALLY the complete opposite of this.

So: "I hate Westy but I don't think he has the highest ceiling of all our midfielders. Will never be steady or consistent, but always brilliant."

Or did you mean it slightly differently? :)

• Like 4

I'm thinking it's more like Petrov. Steady, consistent, and always reliable, but I don't think anyone would go out of their way to say he's amazing.

It's early to speculate on that sort of thing, but that's just what I think from what I've seen.

He's played some brilliant passes last season. Even against Crewe (not an amazing indicator but still) he was far more expansive than steady and consistent.

I see him more as somebody who will always be steady and consistent but has that pass in his locker.

Edited by StefanAVFC