General Conspiracy Theory Dump Store

CI

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

Just realised I've never seen my own brain so I'm either gonna be awake all night worrying I don't have one or else trying to carve my cranium open with a bread knife.

Dammit.

Don’t worry Rob, we can help you there… though you may not like the answer 😜. Still, on the plus side, you can make a saving by not needing to pay for a bread knife.*

*not really, awesome skills in your field

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Seal said:

I think it is ok to be sceptical of an experiment that cannot be replicated without millions of monies. 

So I’m guessing you don’t use much of anything in the modern world then? GPS? Medication? Cell phone? The internet? Oh wait….

Seriously, you have been given a lot of very good explanations and a lot of patience on here thus far. It is mildly entertaining for a few minutes to watch you tie yourself up in logic knots, presumably so you can feel like you have some special inside information that no one else is privy to. But I’m bored now reading statements like the the one above.
Please try harder if you want to keep entertaining me.

Could you start arguing for a flat earth?

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Technically, the hooves would still be a horse in that situation. 

That's the point.  

If you hear hooves it's reasonable to assume a horse.  There is an outside chance that it's a zebra.  Those are reasonable assumptions. 

Assuming it's  a headless horseman riding a horse isn't a reasonable assumption.  It's nonsense.  

Occam’s Razor is a wonderful tool. I literally used it every day in my professional life.  

Putting it simply:  the more assumptions you have to make the less likely it's correct.  

I hear hooves.  Its a horse. 1 assumption.  

I hear hooves. Its a zebra.  It's escaped from a zoo.  There is a zoo within zebra walking range.   3 assumptions. 

I hear hooves.  Ghosts exist.  Ghosts are manifestations of the dead. The ghost concerned is a human figure. That human is dead. That human had his head cut off. That human became a ghost.  That ghost is riding a horse.  A horse can become a ghost. The horse is dead. The horse became a ghost.  10 assumptions.  

• Like 2

I think we should start our own conspiracy theory and come up with evidence. 

Theory -  Birmingham Shitty FC is a mafia run crime synicate that pretends to be a football club to launder illegal money. 

Proof -

Tom Brady was a notorious NFL cheat. He has lied on numerous occasions. 

Jasper Carrot isn't his real name.  It's a false identity. 

Sty Andrews is in poor repair. That's because the money for repairs goes to the mafia. 

The badge is a football and an earth.  This represents a world wide group (the mafia) using football to launder money. 

Several SHA players have been Italian and or had criminal records.  

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

So I’m guessing you don’t use much of anything in the modern world then? GPS? Medication? Cell phone? The internet? Oh wait….

Seriously, you have been given a lot of very good explanations and a lot of patience on here thus far. It is mildly entertaining for a few minutes to watch you tie yourself up in logic knots, presumably so you can feel like you have some special inside information that no one else is privy to. But I’m bored now reading statements like the the one above.

This is the key thing with people who believe these theories. 

My guess is these people aren't taken seriously by society. They're not horrible people or bad people, they're just not the people who's opinion is respected in the pub, within a family, at work etc..

Believing a conspiracy theory helps them feel special. They know something others don't. They've done their own research (youtube) and they don't just follow blindly like sheep. They're critical thinkers who question everything. 

I find the people who buy into this more interesting than the theories at times. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

That's the point.  

If you hear hooves it's reasonable to assume a horse.  There is an outside chance that it's a zebra.  Those are reasonable assumptions. 

Assuming it's  a headless horseman riding a horse isn't a reasonable assumption.  It's nonsense.  

Occam’s Razor is a wonderful tool. I literally used it every day in my professional life.  

Putting it simply:  the more assumptions you have to make the less likely it's correct.  

I hear hooves.  Its a horse. 1 assumption.  

I hear hooves. Its a zebra.  It's escaped from a zoo.  There is a zoo within zebra walking range.   3 assumptions. 

I hear hooves.  Ghosts exist.  Ghosts are manifestations of the dead. The ghost concerned is a human figure. That human is dead. That human had his head cut off. That human became a ghost.  That ghost is riding a horse.  A horse can become a ghost. The horse is dead. The horse became a ghost.  10 assumptions.  

Like all of your kind, you have been programmed to forget option 1

I’m being followed by a shadowy government agent with two coconut halves.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

But you could say this about absolutely anything in the world ever. 
By this logic you don’t believe anything that has ever happened that you haven’t personally witnessed. 

How do you know the Berlin Wall fell? How do you know Hitler killed himself? How do you know the wright brothers invented the aeroplane?

You can’t put out a statement suggesting something is fake because of reason X, and when someone points out reason X is nonsense, just say “yeah we’ll maybe there’s another explanation?!”

On a separate note, do you think NASA would be clever enough to fake a moon landing and cover it up for decades, but be stupid enough make footprints with the wrong shoe?

Or is it more likely that the completely obvious, simple and logical explanation that they wore overshoes is the reality?

Id suggest you research Occam’s Razor

I would say that the only way you can be sure that what you don't know doesn't invalidate what you think you know, is if you know everything. Otherwise you can never be sure that what you don't know doesn't change what you think you know.

Yes you could say it about anything in the world.  I would say I suspect things that haven't happened personally. Not that I believe them. There is a difference. I don't think my position is an unreasonable epistemological position to take. I suspect the berlin wall came down. I have no idea what happened to hitler. Yeah I suspect the wright brother invented the aeroplane, although it is not a matter I have ever indulged myself in.

There are plenty of other reasons shy one could see the apollo landings as fake, that boot issue is just part of that. I don't think its that great to say... this is an explanation, therefore don't consider anything else. Of which that was one. I would say that in my thought process I apply something similar to occams razor (which bears more in common with a way of reasoning, than something that can be used to establish a truth objectively). 

I think that yes, that it is entirely possible.

I think it is quite insane to say that you objectively know we went to the moon on the apollo missions, when you are completely unable to prove, without an appeal to authority that it is the case.

Edited by Seal

6 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I have never had a GP, although the caveat is my dad was one. I haven't used medication in over twenty years. And I don't have a smart phone, I have a doro. But I do use the internet. Other than the internet, I have a car, I ride a bike, and I use an oven and a kettle. 

I have also given a lot of good explanations back. Can you point out my logical knots?  I feel like you are trying to put something on me that wasn't the case, I made a comment in thread called 'general conspiracy dump. Then answered a lot of questions people threw at me. I am not trying to entertain, just trying to answer peoples questions. How is what I

If you are bored, you could always read something else. What exactly is the purpose of this thread if I have misunderstood it so? 

I have never been privvy to a position whereby I can determine the nature of this earth. So I won't argue for flat earth. Sorry if that disappoints. Would you?

Edited by Seal

its not covid vaccines, it’s all of them. And they want parents to be able to tell their 16 year olds ‘no you’re not having ANY vaccines’

absolutely mental

Do they think children are parents property? With no rights of their own?

I've got no clue why Western states don't do an actual proper look into who's funding these extreme corners of our countries. It'll be Russia, China, Iran and many other countries wanting to destroy our way of life.

We need to up our game massively in the social media wars. Right now Vladimir is having a ball with 20% of America's bloody population (MAGA, Qanon, Anti-vaxx)

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

its not covid vaccines, it’s all of them. And they want parents to be able to tell their 16 year olds ‘no you’re not having ANY vaccines’

absolutely mental

Do they think children are parents property? With no rights of their own?

His point of contention appears to be children in secondary who are under 16 i.e. the 11 to 15 year olds who are ‘advised to tell their parents but are not required to’.

I guess the point of discussion is at what age is appropriate for the child to make the decision on a medical procedure without the need to inform a parent. 

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

His point of contention appears to be children in secondary who are under 16 i.e. the 11 to 15 year olds who are ‘advised to tell their parents but are not required to’.

I guess the point of discussion is at what age is appropriate for the child to make the decision on a medical procedure without the need to inform a parent. 

Well it says 'legally able' so presume it's based on Gillick (that if they have been medically informed, and understand the situation) so presume school is in the clear. UK is miles ahead with this than a lot of other countries. Children have medical autonomy from their parents even as babies IIRC. (which is why cases like Charlie Gard were so unbelievable for people outside of the UK)

Also, these vaccinations would be communicated home. They wouldn't just rock up and say 'today is vaccination day kids! don't tell your parents!'

I presume this is aimed at kids with anti-vax parents who wouldn't allow it, but under UK law the child is old enough to make their own decision about it.

I think that's reasonable. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It's also hugely concerning how mainstream Covid vaccine scepticism is now extending to all vaccines.

We deserve another smallpox to wipe us out, stupid society.

It actually pre-dates Covid vaccine scepticism.  

Some crazies in America decided they caused Autism. I believe it caused a re-emergence of Measles over there.

13 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

It actually pre-dates Covid vaccine scepticism.  

Some crazies in America decided they caused Autism. I believe it caused a re-emergence of Measles over there.

I know it's pre-covid but it was always pretty 'to the side'

Now it's firmly in the mainstream.

Â