Charles N'Zogbia

Daveburnside

Wouldnt shut him out yet. Think we will be relying on him big time this coming season.

Everyone's back in the bosom of Lambert's Villa family now. For a few weeks anyway?

If he gets match fit with a good run of games he will be better than most of what we got. He will have to be given some grace at the start by both fans and management to get back to this level.

Is he now just entering into the final year of his contract? If so, and he gets back to full fitness we could get to see the best of N'Zog.

in fairness there are many quotes from Charles himself declaring that he was fit as far back as February.

Are there?

Care to share one or two of the many?

With just a quick search there is this link:

Linky

Dates back to February saying that he was training and just needed match fitness - and its a quote from Lambert!

• Like 1

Also, as recently as 11 April, the Bham Mail reported this:

Birmingham Mail: Paul Lambert has revealed Charles N'Zogbia is training with Villa's kids. N'Zogbia has been sidelined all season with a ruptured achilles sustained during the close season on a holiday in Miami and is no nearer a return to action.

You realise that quite says he's NOT fit? 

He’s just started back with the fitnessicon1.png lads, doing little bits. But his match fitness is not there

:)

I think if you take another look all it says is that he is lacking match fitness not that he is not fit (i.e. injured)

there is a big difference between lacking match fitness and not being fit.

But if you insist on being a pedant then this link saying he expects to play before the end of last season

If i come across the article i saw with a quote from Charles i post it but i definitely read an interview with him saying he felt he was ready but was being overlooked

It isn't being pedantic it is being accurate . The implication was he could have played but Lambert didn't play him for some reason and this has been levelled before as a criticism of Lambert.

But the truth is that he wasn't available for selection so wasn't able to be picked.

The is no conspiracy, no blame to attach to Lambert no matter how much some may wish there to be and as far as I'm aware there are no quotes from N'Zogbia where he says he was for to play and being over looked .

I know you'll call me a pedant, but that second link is exactly the same quote as the first one you posted, just in a rival newspaper!  :lol:

And it DOESN'T say he's fit. it says he's just got back to doing limited training ("doing little bits").

Also, as my quote from April showed, Lambert has been more cautious since and has emphasised the seriousness and complexity of the injury. You will have seen that by April he had ruled out a return by the end of the season.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

It isn't being pedantic it is being accurate . The implication was he could have played but Lambert didn't play him for some reason and this has been levelled before as a criticism of Lambert.

But the truth is that he wasn't available for selection so wasn't able to be picked.

The is no conspiracy, no blame to attach to Lambert no matter how much some may wish there to be and as far as I'm aware there are no quotes from N'Zogbia where he says he was for to play and being over looked .

I for one do not doubt he was/is injured. However, I do believe that his rehabilitation and recovery would be better served at our training facilities rather than getting pissed in Miami or Dubai.

didn't he post something on instagram saying he's fit but doesn't know why he's not being picked? then he deleted it

Edited by KSV

No I don't think so, I think he said something along the lines of "if I'm allowed to play" which a few people interpreted to mean he wasn't allowed to play  and when he got bombarded with questions about it he removed it.

Didn't he say he wasn't allowed to train with the squad?

IIRC, he was posting on instagram about going on holiday, a Villa fan replied with  something like "Instead of going holiday why don't you start training?", then he replied with "Do you think they will allow me to train?"

So people thought that was because he was in the bomb squad. To be honest, at the start of the season I really don't think N'zogbia was in Lambert's plans. Why give him the number 42 squad number or whatever is it? Stunk of bomb squad to me. 

Why was he made to train with the kids?  Did we ever find that out, because that's what usually happens to players that clubs don't want in the first team squad.

Something like that… rather too much 2+2= conspiracy stuff really.

As for his number and not being in Lambert's plans, he was always likely to be out for all if not almost all the season so it is hardly surprising.

Well it will be interesting to see what number he's given this year. I'd like him to be given a chance, can create something out of nothing. We lack players like that. However, he can be quite useless, but then so are the rest of the squad so he will fit right in :D

Why was he made to train with the kids?  Did we ever find that out, because that's what usually happens to players that clubs don't want in the first team squad.

In comparison, Okore trained with the senior team when he returned from his injury.

Â