Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Well that keeps them below us

Not only that but they now HAVE to win one of their remaining games and we HAVE to lose both for them to finish above us. 

The odds are getting longer. Honestly, anyone who still thinks there is a good chance we'll drop start placing your bets. You could get very rich from it. 

The odds are actually getting shorter - weve come in from 33-1 - to 25-1 .......go figure !

Gotta be happy with that i guess.. Southampton will surely pose more of a threat to Sunderland in their next game & hopefully all these missing players for will have an impact on Sunderland... A loss at home to Southampton would be ideal now leaving them 2 points adrift & needing to win at Spurs. I believe that has very slightly strengthened our position.

Massively. It's not much different to a defeat given the goal difference. 

Not only that but they now HAVE to win one of their remaining games and we HAVE to lose both for them to finish above us. 

The odds are getting longer. Honestly, anyone who still thinks there is a good chance we'll drop start placing your bets. You could get very rich from it. 

If Sunderland win and we draw one more game then Sunderland go ahead of us.

Great. You honestly think if we get one more point we'll go down?

Didn't say that at all. I think if we get one more point we should be safe.

A Sunderland loss would have been excellent.

They've got Southampton and Spurs to play. Wouldn't be too concerned with them TBH. They'll do well to get a point. Stoke, on the other hand, are catchable by us. If they draw or lose at the weekend, then we'll have a chance of finishing above them - and that's more likely than us needing to worry about anything Sunderland, Norwich, Newcastle or Wigan do

The odds are actually getting shorter - weve come in from 33-1 - to 25-1 .......go figure !

That'll be punters, erm, punting. Because they are decent odds. 

What if they draw both and we lose both?

It's all about the mini-league. We're in a really good position at the moment where we are top of a mini-league of 6 and only need to avoid finishing last to stay up. It's a far cry from the days when it looked like we were in a mini-league of 4 and needed to finish top of that to stay up.

• Like 2

I give up. 

What can I say, I'm cautious! I think we are playing excellently but have two very tough fixtures, Chelsea for obvious reasons and Wigan because they may well need a win to stay up.

Its other teams results which worry me. All teams (apart from Wigan) need one more win to go above us (if we don't pick up any more points of course). Now many of these teams are pretty awful, but they could all definitely pick up 1 win from 2.

If Sunderland are going to lose at Tottenham on the final day, they have to win against Southampton at home. A draw would only put them on 39 points.

If Norwich are going to lose at Man City on the final day, they have to win against West Brom at home. A draw would only put them on 39 points.

If Newcastle get a draw at QPR and a draw against Arsenal at home, they stay up if we get zero points from Chelsea and Wigan.

Southampton need a draw against Sunderland away or Stoke at home to stay up if we get zero points from Chelsea and Wigan.

On the other hand, a shock result against Chelski and we're up into 11th :)

assuming neither stoke nor fulham get anything at the weekend, of course

Would assume Liverpool and Tottenham will do the business to be honest

Sunderland will do well to get two more points from their remaining games. A side playing football, like we did, like Southampton do will be very troubling for Sunderland's defence & they hardly have anything up front.

Edited by Houlston