Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I may be mad but in a strange way i think our defending is improving, i know we've still shipped 4 goals in two games but overall during our the games it has improved and goals have come from one off individual errors.

4 at the back helps and although Ron has had errors that has cost us i think his return has helped a little.

Its still a strong possibility that we will go down but i think our defending has improved.

Clark today was good and after the hits he has had to take this season its good on him that he has stuck at it and been rewarded today.

Well, it's back in our own hands now. Our win + Reading's defeat (thought they would get a draw at Stoke) has given us a bit of a boost.

Being realistic, we'll probably be back in the bottom 3 by the time we meet Reading so Reading Away and QPR at home are the next two massive games for us. 

Edited by briny_ear

There are several things that pleases me at the moment (yes, after the last 6 weeks, I am easy to please....):

We played well in the second half against Newcastle and very well against Everton.

We managed to hold on to our lead today in a scrappy match - gives a boost.

Fabian Delph has improved a lot and our midfield seems better.

Vlaar is back and has improved our defence.

N'Zogbia has turned up and done very well, might be the one that saves us.

QPR does not get the points many has expected them to get. They are down!

Changed my vote from "yes" to "unsure". We still have a big battle ahead but we're moving in the right direction. 

You've changed your vote after one 2-1 victory over one of the worst opposition performances of the season!

Talk about 'changes with the wind'. You must be a woman!

:D

Still think we are down, still think confidence is fragile and a tonking at le arse puts us back to where we were before today

Agreed... Every time we concede the whole team goes within themselves

Is this not blatantly obvious, its not going to change over night is it? Wins and performances have to improve, we wont today next time we're in that position we might look less shaky.

The moral and confidence has been low for so long its not just going to turn round in one game.

Edited by VillaForever1970

Changed my vote from "yes" to "unsure". We still have a big battle ahead but we're moving in the right direction. 

You've changed your vote after one 2-1 victory over one of the worst opposition performances of the season!

Talk about 'changes with the wind'. You must be a woman!

:D

Har de har har, forgive me whilst I pretend to laugh. It is not about 1 game. It is about the improvement that we've shown over the past 3 games. We're still rubbish but it is a damn sight better than what we've seen previously. We now see desire & urgency, we're improving and we've seen relegation rivals drop points. I am sorry that changing my vote annoys you (well not really). 

• Like 1

The games against Reading and QPR will determine our stay in this league. We need to pull away from at least two teams by April, as it is a huge month for everyone.

We have Stoke(a),Fulham(h),Man U(a) and Sunderland(h)

QPR have Fulham(a), Wigan(h), Everton(a), Stoke(h), Reading(a)

Reading have Southampton(h), Liverpool(h), Norwich(a), QPR (h)

Wigan have QPR(a), Swansea(h), West Ham(a), Tottenham(h)

Southampton have Reading(a), West Ham(h), Swansea(a), West Brom(h)

So our rivals play each other and have some pretty tough fixtures, and we should at least pick up a few home points to pull further away if we can get those points against QPR and Reading.

Massively important games.

I still think we will go down, but there is some renewed hope after results this weekend.

We are improving slowly, but surely. Some players are starting to show some form.

I also think it isn't over yet for anyone on 30 points or less. More teams are going to to get dragged into this.

The games against Reading and QPR will determine our stay in this league. We need to pull away from at least two teams by April, as it is a huge month for everyone.

We have Stoke(a),Fulham(h),Man U(a) and Sunderland(h)

QPR have Fulham(a), Wigan(h), Everton(a), Stoke(h), Reading(a)

Reading have Southampton(h), Liverpool(h), Norwich(a), QPR (h)

Wigan have QPR(a), Swansea(h), West Ham(a), Tottenham(h)

Southampton have Reading(a), West Ham(h), Swansea(a), West Brom(h)

So our rivals play each other and have some pretty tough fixtures, and we should at least pick up a few home points to pull further away if we can get those points against QPR and Reading.

Massively important games.

We need 6 points from Reading and QPR, plus 6-7 points from our 4 games in April, while Reading picking up 2 points (Draws v Southampton & QPR and losses in the others), Wigan picking up 1 point (Draw v QPR, losses in the others), QPR picking up 2 points (Draws v Wigan and Reading, and losses in the rest) and Southampton picking up 1 point (Draw v Reading and losses in the others) would pretty much have us safe come the end of the month. We'd need SERIOUS luck for those results to come in though

Edited by P3te

Reading (a)

QPR (h)

Stoke (a)

Sunderland (h)

Fulham (h)

Norwich (a)

Wigan (a)

Surely there is 14 points for the taking with these fixtures?

depending on how the results went, we mightnt even need 14. If we beat reading, qpr and wigan, then picked up a couple of draws, and those 3 managed to draw with each other and the teams around them, we'd probably stay up

Still scary looking at the stats from the game today... I think the Weimann miss knocked us first half ..truly shocking miss that & it's not the first one either.. We lost on just about every stat apart from the goals ....thankfully thats the one which counts!

I didn't see enough to make me think we will do anything but struggle like crazy for the rest of the season. Fingers crossed though as i fear luck is the only thing which can keep this lot up.

Hopefully that will boost confidence enough to prevent too bad a hammering in our next 2 games.