Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

100% going down no doubt what so ever. We simply do not have a sqaud capable of competing in the premier league.

We have a squad capable of staying in the league. Even the much maligned McLeish proved that and then in the summer we were the 5th biggest spenders in the league to add to McLeish's side. 

We don't have a manager capable of getting the results from this squad and I fear it may well be too late now for even a new manager to turn this ship around. 

8/11 not bad at all really, you can also get 6/1 on us to win the championship and 33/1 for us to get relegated next year from the championship

So if I bet £50, how much would I win?

(sorry I dont understand gambling - probably a good thing to be honest!)

Edited by R.I.C.O.

After the Wigan game and the 3rd straight battering it's looked likely. Throwing points away at Swansea and Albion with 2 more embarrassing defeats at home against Southampton and Newcastle, where do we stand a chance? We have a nightmare run of fixtures coming up again and we will probably be a few points adrift. I think we're going to have to beat both QPR and Reading to stand a chance, can't see us beating QPR.

For the first time this season I feel we will now get relegated. We have a team that can play for 20 minutes out of 90 and manager that doesn't seem to be able to pick a consistant team or formation. I hope I am proved wrong.

At least next season there will be plenty of Midland derbys. :)

Were approaching the business end of the season now

This is where teams like Wigan will start to pick up points to stay in the division they always finish strongly

We all knew relying on them being shitter than us wasn't a sustainable plan

I don't actually think its all over for us. We can still rescue this but two things need to happen.

Lambert firstly needs to settle on the formation that we played in the second half tonight. A flat back back 4, 2 holding midfielder players, an attacking midfilder with Benteke up top and two either side who when need be can make a 5 in midfield. No more **** about with 5-3-2.

Lerner also needs to free up some money in fees and wages and we need to bring in at least one, preferably two defensive/holding midfielders and an experienced centre back especially now Dunne has had a set back.

It is so frustrating. I have seen enough even recently to know that with 2 or 3 good signings in the positions we are crying out for reinforcements in and Lambert doing away with 5-3-2 we can escape. We are not a million miles away. Had we have made the necessary signings already this window we'd have beaten Southampton, beaten West Brom and won tonight as we were the best team for long periods in all them games.

This season could well be one of what ifs if we don't act now. What if we'd have signed 2 or 3 players in January. Its not too late. Has bad as things have gone we are still with in a point of safety and 3 - 5 points off a number of others.I just hope we don't go down with a whimper and Lerner puts his hand in his pocket and starts the fight back by funding the players we need and give everyone, manager, players and fans, a massive lift for the fight ahead.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

I'm starting to accept relegation now. Will probably still hurt a lot when we do go down but it helps to be prepared for it. My main concern now is if Lambert is still in charge for the beginning of next season. We need to hit the ground running to stand a chance of coming back up and with all that pressure on us that will absolutely not happen under Lambert.

So if I bet £50, how much would I win?

(sorry I dont understand gambling - probably a good thing to be honest!)

You would win a small amount but lose an awful lot more(your soul)Would you honestly back against villa in any situation to win a measly £20-£25 ? Your team ? I wouldn't put any money ever on Aston villa been relegated or losing a match because what kind of fan would you be if you collect money based on the fact that Aston villa would be relegated I'm sorry mate but as a fan I think that's not right