Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Lately you never hear a Villa fan moan. This young team are hugely impressive and are evolving and gelling at an incredible rate.

Bless you - you obviously don't come on this site much!

Great sentiments though. I think we could well be the surprise team of the second half of the season

I've predicted to my friends that this season will be opposite of the last one - we're low in the start of the season and get better second half of the season and climb up to mid-table finish. That being said, over half of the league is completely open, Stoke, Swansea and West Ham might do what Hull did couple years back, be on top-half halfway through the season and then completely plummeting into the horrible spring.

After watching Swansea and West Ham this autumn, I don't think neither of them have quite enough quality players to get top-half of the table, especially with potential injuries...and same can be said about us, couple bad injuries and we might be in trouble.

For me, it's a hope we'll win nine more games, any game we can, before or after Christmas. I'm sure we will do this at the very least.

Reading this, I'm not entirely sure how many games you hope we will win, and over what period! "Any game we can" sounds a bit open, as does, "before or after Christmas" :unsure:

A young players form is up and down, they will need to rest at some point, the effort levels put in Saturday were immense. FWIW I think we stand a good chance against the teams that don't like or have to work at games, ie Spurs. Teams we will struggle against are those that will stay with our work rate.

This season we just need to concentrate on staying in the PL, Going for and failing to get top 8 may effect the moral of this team, staying up should be the target and I think we will. That and a cup final will do me.

The fans should start to come back, the teams a completely different proposition to any i have seen over the last 10 years or so, young, hungry and a joy to watch, win lose or draw.

A young players form is up and down, they will need to rest at some point, the effort levels put in Saturday were immense. FWIW I think we stand a good chance against the teams that don't like or have to work at games, ie Spurs. Teams we will struggle against are those that will stay with our work rate.

This season we just need to concentrate on staying in the PL, Going for and failing to get top 8 may effect the moral of this team, staying up should be the target and I think we will. That and a cup final will do me.

The fans should start to come back, the teams a completely different proposition to any i have seen over the last 10 years or so, young, hungry and a joy to watch, win lose or draw.

Too true.

You don't see many top clubs relegated using this same method we are but more towards the top end of the table.

we forget they maybe young players but most of lamberts buys have had alot of experience playing for thiers previous clubs ashley westwood played 123 games for crewe, joe bennett played 85 for boro, lowton played over 100 games for shefield and ferencvarosi and benteke has played over 100 games for various clubs, so form wasnt the problem for these players getting used to new team mates and the pace of the premier league was/is.

I've predicted to my friends that this season will be opposite of the last one - we're low in the start of the season and get better second half of the season and climb up to mid-table finish. That being said, over half of the league is completely open, Stoke, Swansea and West Ham might do what Hull did couple years back, be on top-half halfway through the season and then completely plummeting into the horrible spring.

After watching Swansea and West Ham this autumn, I don't think neither of them have quite enough quality players to get top-half of the table, especially with potential injuries...and same can be said about us, couple bad injuries and we might be in trouble.

I think that we could cope with injuries considering the following were not playing on Saturday: Vlaar, Ireland, El Ahmadi, Bent, N'zogbia, Agbonlahor, Albrighton, Delph, Bennett. By playing such a young team, PL has created some real competition within the squad. The senior players now know that if they don't do the business they will not get into the team. It is great to see after the favouritism shown by the likes of MON and AM.

• Like 1

I just cannot see us getting relegated.

I'm not saying that we will be finishing top half, but there just seems to be a steel about us that has been lacking the last few years.

Take the QPR game for example; although not our finest performance, I truly believe that we would of lost that game under GH or AMc. We dug in, and came away with a point when everyone was expecting 'Arry's first 3 points.

We're not just getting lucky in games, we're fighting and competing and earning the right to play, but we're also starting to score some lovely goals.

I haven't felt this genuinely optimistic as a fan for a long time, and at least it looks like we are doing it in a sustainable way this time!

UTV!!!

It would be a remarkable effort if we did it before Christmas!

Haha good point, :D silly me trying to cover all bases and tying myself up in knots. I've put added pressure on the Chelsea game now.

If we won 9 more we would be in the top 4 surely? :unsure:

I'm not sure what you mean here, which is ok as my sentence was nonsense so I'm hardly one to talk. :)

Do you mean if we had already won 9 games? Then yeah we'd be right up there.

If you mean us winning 9 more games in total (Which is what I meant, sorry for explaining it in such a rubbish way) that'd give us 45 points and possibly not enough for top four but enough for Premiership survival.

Reading this, I'm not entirely sure how many games you hope we will win, and over what period! "Any game we can" sounds a bit open, as does, "before or after Christmas" :unsure:

Yeah, sorry, I didn't make my point clearly at all, especially with 'before' Christmas, that was just nonsense.

I just mean I hope we win at least thirteen games in total this season, nine more than we already have, because nine more wins added to our current points would be forty five and that should be enough for Premiership survival and a chance to keep improving next season.

'Any game we can' was just meant to mean, whether it be an expected win like Reading or a nice surprise like Liverpool.

And that, from watching how we've played and improved, I'm confident we'll achieve forty-five points at least this season.

yep a heavy defeat for reading would be great :)

then the gooners have wigan away, so they could help us out there too! reading have city away so if they get tanked tonight there is a fair chance they'll still be on 9 points after that game too. qpr have newcastle away, which i spose woudl be better if newcastle won that. if we can get a point at chelsea then we'd be 9 clear of qpr, and 10 clear of reading, and with a nice 4 point cushion on wigan.

with southampton and sunderland playing each other, if we can get a point or better at chelsea woudl be very good news for us pulling furhter away from the shite.

Bless you - you obviously don't come on this site much!

Great sentiments though. I think we could well be the surprise team of the second half of the season

Read my post again, Those comments were taken from the BBC comments page from Arsenal and Spurs fans respectively.

But, I take your point.

I tend not to come on this site much anymore to avoid the negative comments and attitude.

Chelsea A

Spurs H

Wigan H

Swansea A

Southampton H

WBA A

Newcastle H

Everton A

West Ham H

Arsenal A

City H

Reading A

QPR H

Liverpool H

Stoke A

Fulham H

United A

Sunderland H

Norwich A

Chelsea H

Wigan A

After the Chelsea & Spurs game which I dont see us losing either, we have a lovely run of games. Also worth noting we have Wigan, QPR, Southampton, Sunderland all left at home, 4 wins there would be all but guarantee our safety.

Chelsea A

Spurs H

Wigan H

Swansea A

Southampton H

WBA A

Newcastle H

Everton A

West Ham H

Arsenal A

City H

Reading A

QPR H

Liverpool H

Stoke A

Fulham H

United A

Sunderland H

Norwich A

Chelsea H

Wigan A

After the Chelsea & Spurs game which I dont see us losing either, we have a lovely run of games. Also worth noting we have Wigan, QPR, Southampton, Sunderland all left at home, 4 wins there would be all but guarantee our safety.

You look at those games, and you'd like to think there's at least 22-25 points available there.

I think the most important thing is that we don't get carried away. With such a young side, we are going to suffer dips in form.

We've got more than enough 'winnable' home games left, if we do somehow get relegated then we've got no-one to blame but ourselves!

It is becoming clear that we are slowly developing as a group. The progression over the course of the last few games gives reason to be optimistic. These players have begun to adapt to the PL. The more they play together then the more confidence they will develop and in turn the more points I can see us picking up. As previously stated, there will be a few blips along the way, but there will be more highs (hopefully including a trip to Wembley!). Lambert has proven that he can pick a player. Providing we keep hold of all of our players and then add to the squad in January and the summer I can see us having a cracking season next year. For now, I am going to enjoy the ride.