Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

You should always give a new manager a chance but we are in a dodgy place at moment add that to the last 2 seasons and no wonder fans are feeling negative.

The table is scary viewing we are losing touch with the lower mid table teams already.We need results and quickly if Stoke win tonight then we are 5 points off 14 th FFS.

Yeah because all the teams around us and up to 9 points above us have all played the top 4 teams and cleared up all the points on offer.

People need to get a **** grip.

This time last year we were sitting comfortably in 8th with 15 points.

We dropped like a stone once Bent, Petrov and Dunne got long term injuries (the spine of the team) but we were not in danger of relegation last season until Feb/March at least.

Actually we dropped like a stone before any of those players got injured/ill.

Blimey. You want to be careful with the "idiotic" comments pal. How many managers spent more than Lambert in the summer? And he might have inherited a mess, but he's doing his best to make a bad situation even worse. He's getting away with murder because he's not Alex McLeish. The truth is that the performances have mostly been awful and the results even worse.

Sorry, I try and ignore you most of the time but you're past the point of trolling and getting into ridiculous now.

Lambert is doing his best to make a bad situation worse? So he wants to make it worse... right...

Getting away with murder because he's not Alex McLeish. I'd say he's getting away with nothing. He's getting the time he deserves from reasonable people, but no more.

The performances have not been awful. We've had some very good performances, mostly otherwise good performances and a couple of terrible ones.

You're right about one thing. The results have been awful. It doesn't take a lot to see the combination of factors which have caused this situation though.

I've cooled down a bit now after the annual "w**k manc" week. It's just groundhog day every year now & it's frankly infuriating.. Corrupt officials, being the thing which always tips me over the edge & for me they are just that ...corrupt!.. I know there are many who refuse to believe that for whatever reason but for me there is simply way too much evidence & it keeps on growing week in week out but people just seem to choose to ignore it. Maybe they don't want their illusion of the good old game shattered or something? Who knows but it's getting a bit ridiculous trying to conveniently ignore the fact that there's a huge massive elephant in the room.. In fact it's more like a Brontosaurus actually!

As for relegation? Well i'm worried but hopefull. But we have to now be among the favorites surely?

People are saying we are only 12 games in, etc. But, look it at this way, 12 games is (pretty much) 1/3 of the season. That means we only have 2x the amount of games that we have played already, where we have been freaking crap, to avoid relegation and 'get it right'.

In that first 3rd, we have amassed 9 points. 9 POINTS from a possible 36!!! I am fairly certain that come next Monday we will have the same amount of points, but this time it will be from a possible 39 and mathematically speaking we will already be into our 2/3 of the season.

Relegation is very much on at the moment guys, and people need to accept it.

I am not on the list of people who want Lambert gone already in the hope of a quick fix. I'm very much on board with the long term vision of the club.

If there are going to be any quick fix's it will be the playing staff that is adjusted. Hopefully.

I've cooled down a bit now after the annual "w**k manc" week. It's just groundhog day every year now & it's frankly infuriating.. Corrupt officials, being the thing which always tips me over the edge & for me they are just that ...corrupt!.. I know there are many who refuse to believe that for whatever reason but for me there is simply way too much evidence & it keeps on growing week in week out but people just seem to choose to ignore it. Maybe they don't want their illusion of the good old game shattered or something? Who knows but it's getting a bit ridiculous trying to conveniently ignore the fact that there's a huge massive elephant in the room.. In fact it's more like a Brontosaurus actually!

I'm completely with you on this. It's happened in other countries, and there is a lot more money at stake in the Premier League. Would be very surprised if it doesn't go on.

People are saying we are only 12 games in, etc. But, look it at this way, 12 games is (pretty much) 1/3 of the season. That means we only have 2x the amount of games that we have played already, where we have been freaking crap, to avoid relegation and 'get it right'.

In that first 3rd, we have amassed 9 points. 9 POINTS from a possible 36!!! I am fairly certain that come next Monday we will have the same amount of points, but this time it will be from a possible 39 and mathematically speaking we will already be into our 2/3 of the season.

Relegation is very much on at the moment guys, and people need to accept it.

I am not on the list of people who want Lambert gone already in the hope of a quick fix. I'm very much on board with the long term vision of the club.

If there are going to be any quick fix's it will be the playing staff that is adjusted. Hopefully.

A bloke on the radio tonight was saying last time WBA were relegated they had 19 points at Christmas ! - I don't see us having anywhere near that amount.

I am pessimistic about our chances - usually there is one team miles adrift and I can see it being us. Basically we can't defend - and that's always a massive weakness.

Weirdly I was more worried a few weeks back. I think we'll do pretty well in the second half of the season with Benteke really showing some class. Forgetting results and looking at our season purely on performances I think we're now playing the best we have been. We've seem to have found a team & formation that works, only we've been playing against better opposition though. I think when we start playing teams more at our level we'll be fine.

What a load of nonsense man.

The difference in Lambert 'using up' the rest of the pot he has left over from the summer will allow him to sign a few more names come January to add the quality we need.

Brought a whole new defence? I am sure Lichaj, Dunne, Clarke, Hutton, Warnock, Bowry, Stevens were already here when he arrived?

As for midfield, Holman was signed by the last numpty and only KEA and Westwood have been added there so I can't see any being replaced but more in the line of added to.

I see Clint Dempsey is setting the world on fire at the minute at his new club! Damn that was a big mistake to miss out on such a prolific premier league journeyman!.. who next? Berbatov?

I agree with you though that I also don't think money spent in January will suddenly see a raft of premier league experienced players either. - All it would bring is silly transfer fee's and high wages. Best looking at the leagues a bit lower or the rest of the world. It's better value for money and costs half what a Premier League player would cost in fee's and wages combined.

You must watching a different team to me as I seem to see a back 4 that consists of Lowton, vlaar, Clarke and bennett. I was under the impression that 3 of those were signed by Lambert.

My points have been more that Lambert could have signed experience, he chose not to. I don't see why people think he will change his mind in January.

January for me will only bring more of the same.

McLeish took the easy but more limited approach of hoofball. That will make you harder to beat but it's boring as hell and won't really get you anywhere. Lambert's trying to get us playing a more progressive game and while results are worse now they will improve vastly if it works. We've needed this change for years. We all knew that it would take a bit of pain.

Because results aside the two managers have two completely different approaches. I've never understood why you seem to think it's wrong to judge managers on an individual basis. Just because somebody is against one manager doesn't mean they have to be against all other managers that follow.

and yet this so called different approach is not doing anything different than what mcleish did. 12 games, just 2 wins. and only 10 goals scored whilst our most proven goalscorer has been frozen out.

we are not playing that much good football. just because lambert has said he wants us to pass it and play nice stuff doesnt mean we are actually doing it. there has been flashes of it no doubt, but then we had a few flashes of decent stuff in a couple of games under mcleish.

lambert has some good ideas, particularly in terms of the teams future development. but he cant keep working on potential and possibilities - he has to start delivering in terms of results now. its all well and good saying the youngsters will improve with games, it will all start clicking soon, the performances show promise etc. that was said after swansea and we lost 4-1 to southampton, it was said after man u and we got thumped 5-0 to city.

if we are not careful it will be january and we will be saying the same thing, then it will be easter etc. and all the while we are still heading closer and closer towards the trapdoor

• Like 1

McLeish took the easy but more limited approach of hoofball. That will make you harder to beat but it's boring as hell and won't really get you anywhere. Lambert's trying to get us playing a more progressive game and while results are worse now they will improve vastly if it works. We've needed this change for years. We all knew that it would take a bit of pain.

If everyone knew it would take a bit of pain why was any talk of being worried about another relegation battle laughed and mocked during the summer?

and yet this so called different approach is not doing anything different than what mcleish did. 12 games, just 2 wins. and only 10 goals scored whilst our most proven goalscorer has been frozen out.

we are not playing that much good football. just because lambert has said he wants us to pass it and play nice stuff doesnt mean we are actually doing it. there has been flashes of it no doubt, but then we had a few flashes of decent stuff in a couple of games under mcleish.

lambert has some good ideas, particularly in terms of the teams future development. but he cant keep working on potential and possibilities - he has to start delivering in terms of results now. its all well and good saying the youngsters will improve with games, it will all start clicking soon, the performances show promise etc. that was said after swansea and we lost 4-1 to southampton, it was said after man u and we got thumped 5-0 to city.

if we are not careful it will be january and we will be saying the same thing, then it will be easter etc. and all the while we are still heading closer and closer towards the trapdoor

Results wise no it isn't doing anything different but that's to be expected when the players are learning a new system. I can see exactly what Lambert is doing and it's something we've needed for years. We can't just shirk away from a desperately needed change and revert back to our old approach.

If everyone knew it would take a bit of pain why was any talk of being worried about another relegation battle laughed and mocked during the summer?

Where's the relegation battle?

The season has been a disaster thus far, and a 5-0 loss to City only strengthens that, as many are actually encouraged by some details in that game. Tell you what, you can take no positive signs from a 5-0 drubbing against a team that weren't firing on all cylinders. A dodgy penalty-call does not change the fact that we got a hell of a beating.

The ONLY positive thing I can take after these first 12 games is that if we ended the game at half-time, we would have been 5th with 5-4-3. Then we can only speculate about why we are amonst the worst teams in the second half, but some encouragement can be taken from it after all. Do we run empty like a League 3 team in the cup or do we just don't have the proper training and fitness?