Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

McLeish took the easy but more limited approach of hoofball. That will make you harder to beat but it's boring as hell and won't really get you anywhere. Lambert's trying to get us playing a more progressive game and while results are worse now they will improve vastly if it works. We've needed this change for years. We all knew that it would take a bit of pain.

And it was that style of a football, and a lack of turning draws into wins that nearly got us relegated. If Wolves hadn't of imploded, I reckon we would have gone down.

That table is horrific viewing. We need to start winning games and fast or it's just going to get embartassing.

As it stands I have little confidence we have the ability to beat anyone.

Unfortunately correct.

We have used up a lot of our margin for error. Getting points now is a matter of pure survival. Not much fun I am afraid, we just need to get points immediately before we get cut adrift from our relegation rivals.

Christ I dont even want to look. I have seen lots of numbers the past two days. The most worrying are comparisions of teams that were in the bottom three after this many games vs ones who went down. Its not good, none of it is good. I just want us the hell out of this zone.

But that will take a running win of games and I cant remember the last time that happened. Damn this has been a long hard few years hasnt it? ugh.

Where's the relegation battle?

Bottom end of the table mate. It's like this you see, the bottom three teams go down each season, to be replaced by three teams from the Championship. At the moment, it looks entirely possible that we'll be one of the three teams to go down. If there are any other footbal fundamentals you'd like help with, such as the offside law, then please do ask.

• Like 1

Over our last 38 PL games, how many points have we picked up ? Must be below 25 points

We must remember, way over half of those 38 PL games were under Alex Mcleish. Who played for draws (1 point) and more often than not, lost (0 points)

Sorry, I try and ignore you most of the time but you're past the point of trolling and getting into ridiculous now.

Lambert is doing his best to make a bad situation worse? So he wants to make it worse... right...

Getting away with murder because he's not Alex McLeish. I'd say he's getting away with nothing. He's getting the time he deserves from reasonable people, but no more.

The performances have not been awful. We've had some very good performances, mostly otherwise good performances and a couple of terrible ones.

You're right about one thing. The results have been awful. It doesn't take a lot to see the combination of factors which have caused this situation though.

If that's the best you can muster, then please feel free to go on ignoring me, I do believe that the new forum software makes this easy. But yes, a lot of performances have been awful, eg West Ham away, Everton at home when they could have scored eight, Southampton away, Fulham away, Norwich at home, Man City away. And one of the factors in my opinion that has contributed to the poor performances is the substandard level of player that Lambert chose to invest most of the money made available to him in.

Exactly. Some have no **** patience. **** embarrassing.

How am I being biased? Unlike some I can at least admit when we play well and don't try and twist everything to make us look bad.

So you could meet the legend himself?

I'd rather have Kompany because he is clearly the better player with more quality.

Of course it's invalid. Our squad was different then and so to was everyone else's squads. We also had different fixtures as well. This has got to be one of the most ridiculous comparisons I've ever seen on here.

I don't think KEA has been poor in fact I'd argue that the problem with midfield is the players around him. Also, stop going on about Adam. He really isn't that good.

"Experienced Premiership quality" comes at a price and a lot of the time is overrated. We of all teams should know that after the failed O'Neill experiment. We've had this approach for years and finally somebody has come in and tried to do something about it. It's not working now but with all the changes that have gone on I'm not surprised. It will take time. Your approach is short term. Lambert's is long term. We'll see whether Lambert's long term approach works in the end but this short term, short sighted approach simply has not worked for us.

No mate you try to twist everything to make us look better than we really are at the moment and if you look at my point which you have responded to, you will note that i did admit that we played well in the first half against Man U.

Why, are you adversed to meeting people?

No Kompany is the better player because he has both attributes, experience=better positioning and can marshall a defence and quality.

You asked the question whether Lambert's signings had affected our positioning in the Premiership which was a stupid question in itself. I replied by stating that his signings have been playing in the team and of course they have affected our present position! Secondly, without them last season we weren't in the bottom three even with Mcleish as manager so my point is valid.

So now i see you are blaming our other players for KEA's poor form and you call other posters '**** embarrassing!' :lol: Hit a nerve about Adam haven't i especially when he is playing well and thanks but i'll continue to mention him and Redknapp as i please unless otherwise instructed by the mods unless you are a mod in disguise?

You keep mentioning the O'Neill experiment. Ok lets talk about that. We finished 6TH on how many occasions? We got to a final of a cup and didn't we qualify for europe as opposed to where we are now, 3rd from bottom and flirting with relegation over the last two seasons, so pray tell me, which is failure?

But lets sweep all of that very tidily under the carpet so that, what have you accused other posters of 'try and twist everything to make us look bad' or should that now be 'try and twist everything to make Lambert look good.'

Over our last 38 PL games, how many points have we picked up ? Must be below 25 points

It's not that bad. 32 points - W6 D14 L18. McLeish's contribution to that was W4 D11 L11.

We picked up 0.9 points per game in McLeish's last 26 and have got 0.75 per game from lambert's first 12.

But don't worry, apparently we are "performing" better this season.

And yet you moan about people who aren't happy or patient with lambert.

I imagine Morpheus and others see lambert like you saw Mcleish. It seems you're the one who can't accept people who judge each manager differently.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

It's not that bad. 32 points - W6 D14 L18. McLeish's contribution to that was W4 D11 L11.

We picked up 0.9 points per game in McLeish's last 26 and have got 0.75 per game from lambert's first 12.

But don't worry, apparently we are "performing" better this season.

If we extrapolate Lambert's start to the rest of the season over the remaining games, we'll finish on 28 or 29 points. But don't worry, we're steadily improving apparently.

Except that Lambert has done many things differently to McLeish. They're entitled to not rate him but if they see Lambert like I saw McLeish then they are wrong.

Telling people they are wrong Mantis when they putting forward an opinion. Now where have i seen someone else criticizing posters for that? :suspect:

You mate are one of the biggest feckin hypocrites on here. :lol:

Results wise no it isn't doing anything different but that's to be expected when the players are learning a new system. I can see exactly what Lambert is doing and it's something we've needed for years. We can't just shirk away from a desperately needed change and revert back to our old approach.

Your actually talking about the correct balance between introducing new players, new systems and a juxtaposition of the new player with the players already here. Too much too soon and thats the problem.

Which is a completely pointless task and proves nothing.

It give an indication of just how much we need to improve to stay up this season. To get say, 40 points, we need 31 points from 26 games which is a 60% improvement on current form.