Skrtel - £9m

Sakho - £17m

Henderson - £16m

Allen - £17m

Coutinho - £9m

Aspas - £8m

Sturridge - £13m

Suarez - £23m

Can't be arsed adding them all up, but essentially if they wanted to they could field an entire team that cost more than anyone in our squad.

Don't buy into this "working on a budget" shite MotD would have you believe.

Working on a budget? Is that what they are saying? Haha, I'm pretty sure their wage budget must be huge too. However, that is of course what you have to do in order to be up at the top of the league, so fair play.

Mignolet - £9.5m

Johnson - £18m

Enrique - £7m

Skrtel - £9m

Sakho - £17m

Henderson - £16m

Allen - £17m

Coutinho - £9m

Aspas - £8m

Sturridge - £13m

Suarez - £23m

Can't be arsed adding them all up, but essentially if they wanted to they could field an entire team that cost more than anyone in our squad.

Working on a budget? Is that what they are saying? Haha, I'm pretty sure their wage budget must be huge too. However, that is of course what you have to do in order to be up at the top of the league, so fair play.
And that doesn't include the Downing's and Carrol's from the past five years either.

And I don't have a single issue with them spending money. It just pisses me off that they apparently almost won the league on a small budget.

Edited by dodgyknees

Mignolet - £9.5m

Johnson - £18m

Enrique - £7m

Skrtel - £9m

Sakho - £17m

Henderson - £16m

Allen - £17m

Coutinho - £9m

Aspas - £8m

Sturridge - £13m

Suarez - £23m

did you not know the sale of Fernando Toress paid for all of that plus adams, carrol and downing :-|

Mignolet - £9.5m

Johnson - £18m

Enrique - £7m

Skrtel - £9m

Sakho - £17m

Henderson - £16m

Allen - £17m

Coutinho - £9m

Aspas - £8m

Sturridge - £13m

Suarez - £23m

how many teams can afford to loan a 35 million striker and then a 12 million striker in consecutive seasons 

Mignolet - £9.5m

Johnson - £18m

Enrique - £7m

Skrtel - £9m

Sakho - £17m

Henderson - £16m

Allen - £17m

Coutinho - £9m

Aspas - £8m

Sturridge - £13m

Suarez - £23m

did you not know the sale of Fernando Toress paid for all of that plus adams, carrol and downing :-|

And Aquilani.

Fact is Man City's spending far outweigh Liverpool's so why people keep trying to defend Man City by arguing how much Liverpool have spent is beyond me. 

they don't, its a lot of Liverpool media are making out that this Liverpool team was assembled for 500k and these players were plucked from nowhere which is far from the truth

• Like 1

Fact is Man City's spending far outweigh Liverpool's so why people keep trying to defend Man City by arguing how much Liverpool have spent is beyond me. 

Nobody is disputing that or even attempting to defend Man City.

What they are trying to do is illustrate to you that Liverpool haven't got where they are after some hurculean struggle, they aren't David v Goliath and they aren't some little PL urchin done good. They are and always have been one of the biggest spending clubs.

Yes they've done well this season and yes they've done better than I think anyone would have predicted but the amount they've spend also shouldn't be ignored, only some wish to try and ignore it or pretend its not the case.

• Like 4

If you kill yourself, its suicide... If you kill someone else, its homocide... If you kill loads of people, its genocide... If you havn't won the title in 20 years, its merseyside 

• Like 3

Quite. It's like Arsenal fans who keep going on about net spend on transfer fees while completely ignoring their clubs £140m wage bill. 

• Like 3

Quite. It's like Arsenal fans who keep going on about net spend on transfer fees while completely ignoring their clubs £140m wage bill. 

Yeah. Their business model is to pinch the top talent when they are young when they cost next to nothing - examples Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain from Southampton, Fabregas from Barcelona, and recently Crowley from Villa - then spend enough on wages to persuade them to stay.

• Like 1

What they are trying to do is illustrate to you that Liverpool haven't got where they are after some hurculean struggle, they aren't David v Goliath and they aren't some little PL urchin done good. They are and always have been one of the biggest spending clubs.

Yes they've done well this season and yes they've done better than I think anyone would have predicted but the amount they've spend also shouldn't be ignored, only some wish to try and ignore it or pretend its not the case.

Yes I know liverpool are one of the bigger spending clubs.....

Yes I know liverpool are one of the bigger spending clubs.....

So what is your point? 

and why you're trying to defend Liverpool when they spend most than most clubs is beyond all of us.

Â