Rino8

Do you think Suarez might have got a more lenient punishment if Liverpool had banned him first?  Say if they had given him a five or six game ban (certainly something that takes him into next season because missing four dead rubbers this year is hardly a punishment) then the FA might not have extended it.  Just a thought.

If I were on the committee I would have been very annoyed at Liverpool's 'just give him the 3 match ban and we'll all move on' approach. IF the club had stated that they will support whatever action the FA decided upon, he might have got an 8 or 9 ban. It was always going to be more than the 7 game ban he had for the Ajax as it was his second biting offence; something that seems to have been ignored by virtually all of their fans and some of the media. 'It was in a different league so it doesn't count' doesn't wash with me.

I hope the FA didn't 'go high' to accomodate an appeal and reduce the ban to 7 or 8 games. What a fudge that would be.

I watched the highlights of Liverpool - Newcastle and I must say I found myself hating Liverpool much less with Suarez not there (admitadly it might have just been because I was happy seeing Newcastle getting stuffed!).

With Carragher going, Gerrard on his last legs and Suarez looking like he could be off I might not actually mind Liverpool as a team. It was quite enjoyable watching young players like Sturridge and Coutinho passing it around and making chances.

More humorous comments from the scousers today regarding Ashley Williams claiming they should be looking "higher" than him 

Why would he want to go to Liverpool he's already at a club which plays great football is in a similar league position and has actually won a trophy i think it should be more a question of Ashley Williams aiming higher than Liverpool...

They actually believe they are in with a chance of signing Eriksen as well

Deluded is an understatement

Edited by AshVilla

Lots of fans say that though.   I can still remember when Manchester United fans were wondering why they had just spunked a club record fee on Dwight Yorke because he was "only" from Aston Villa.  He was probably the best number 10 in the league back in the late 90s. 

But Manchester United were one of the best clubs in the world at the time...

Who the hell are Liverpool at the minute a half arsed club that used to be famous...

They are currently sat mid-table its highly unlikely they are even going to get Europa league football the fans do not have the right at the minute to claim a player is not good enough for them given their current position

I would love it if players such as Tom Ince and WIlliams snubbed them in the Summer and stayed with their respective clubs

Edited by AshVilla

But Manchester United were one of the best clubs in the world at the time...

Who the hell are Liverpool at the minute a half arsed club that used to be famous...

They are currently sat mid-table its highly unlikely they are even going to get Europa league football the fans do not have the right at the minute to claim a player is not good enough for them given their current position

I would love it if players such as Tom Ince and WIlliams snubbed them in the Summer and stayed with their respective clubs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandiose_delusions

Â